Well played Horde fire mage

So fairly often I come across a Horde fire mage in randoms and I have to say, he’s just so good I learn from just watching him. He seems to have mastered all the tricks and just knows what to do in every situation.

Today in Eye of the Storm he manages to lure 2 players guarding a base to near the edge of the map, perfect use of ice wall to divide them while he bursts one down, perfect polymorph timing, perfect use of fire blast to knock one off the map. He knew enough about the classes he was engaging to know they had no knockbacks and he hugged the map edge and use the terrain so well.

Aha I think as he’s engaging the last one - gotcha. I pop invisibility to sneak towards him and fire blast him over. My smugness is soon gone as he’s spotted it and breaks my invisibilty. His recently used fireblast is on CD, but expert use of blink, polymorphs etc gets him in just the right spot and gets fire blast back up to turn the tables and knock me over the ledge.

Being outplayed (which often happens to me!) usually makes me want to throw things, but seeing this guy in the same spec as me on like a whole other level was actually a kind of pleasure. Feels like I’m taking notes when he plays.

7 Likes

This was such a nice post ,i like it alot.
Props to you for being good sports in a loss!

4 Likes

https://i.blogs.es/6d6d88/elissa-slater-spit-take/450_1000.gif

2 Likes

Agreed, it’s way too common to dislike, even hate players in this game, but sometimes you just have to say ‘Fair play’ and accept and admire some people’s play.

I was just about to cap LH in Gilneas one game, by the time I’d even ran down at the start and clicked the flag, this crazy mage (Magegod) comes flying over the hill, way up in the sky, raining bombs on me so I couldn’t cap. He didn’t come alone either, got beaten up pretty badly by 2mages taking turns to blink and nova me into a dizzy spin. needless to say, they got LH and won the game comfortably.

I wasn’t bitter about it, I was actually impressed by the ingenuity and guile used to win that game. While some would complain about the use of engineering items to accomplish this, I don’t see an issue as anyone has access to engineering and/or tinker slots.

Good play is good play though and very often goes unseen, you normally only hear about it when you’ve made an error.

3 Likes

ahw sthap it you :3

blush

1 Like

Yeah, it’s great to be a one-shot-trick pony, displacer+living bomb lmao

https://ibb.co/br54pt2

I love ur videos Magegød. U are awesome :grin::grin:

1 Like

/bow thanks for your support

1 Like

Ah yeah there you are! I didn’t know if I could name ppl on the forums. Props man.

oh it was me, i wasn’t sure, i couldn’t recall the icewall on eots

well thanks for the compliments, so rare to have positive feedback ON THE WOW FORUM
thanks for making my day !

1 Like

Great post! And, I agree, well played horde fire mage.

1 Like

here before ppl say i buy comments on the wow forum too kekw

We won arati u remember me on murbastic.

They had it but we turned it when i said it was over :slight_smile:

ye i might post it i was explaining exactly what to do in those games and how its actually possible to come back, and it actually happened x)

It was a good game :slight_smile:

ill post it tomorrow, tonight ill render it

No need we just play and have fun no premade man :slight_smile:

I tell em given up but we turned :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.