Were account-wide achievements intentional?

I know it might sound strange and that i’m likely in the minority with this, but i’m concerned about account-wide achievements being applied to some of my characters.

Does anyone have any ideas/theories about avoiding getting them? A few of us in the achievement-hunting communities are very much prepared to get rid all of our characters in efforts to preserve some kind of continuity but I’m honestly questioning if it’s not already too late.

I so hope this is a wow feature that would allow a lot more flexibility for players in their choice of character.

Personally I prefer account wide and wish everything was account wide.

The simple explanation is that the player behind the character is the one doing the work for the achievement and so I should be able to enjoy it on whichever character.

Unfortunately I’m one of those that enjoys multiple classes and plays a few alts. Most focus is on the main of course but what if I have a phase where I find I enjoy a different class more and play that character more. I’d be achieving things not on my main.

That said I think a better UI would be good where you could switch to a per character display. If you hover the icon the tooltip tells if the character achieved it, so they just need to expand that out a bit more.

2 Likes

Yeah so ? Whats the problem ? Its not like there is a “show character achievements only” feature for 15 years or more on retail… will be the same in classic.
Guess your cOmMuNiTy never played WoW before.

Deleting all your old characters before Cata pre-patch so you can do those achievements again in Cata? wat

Yeah this doesnt make sense to me either