What’s the relationship between Night Elves and Void Elves?

Why would anyone, for exampley, suck dry Fel-crystals and demons for a quick fix?
Elementary my dear Wimbert
For Power!

Could be worse… I don’t know how, but I’m sure it could

But it wasn’t even established that the accident gave them power, though. But sure, let’s make dealing with a nexus prince and getting overloaded with void part of the void elf induction ritual! That will make them more trustworthy!

Those void portals must came somewhere, the ones they use to travel like a portal spell, just looks cooler and could swallow Goblin mechs whole
And persons… those poor Tauren ambassadors :frowning:
And hair-tentacles!
Don’t underestimate the power of fashion disasters!
But on the serious note , High Astromancer Solarian could already turn into a voidwalker in The Burning Crusade. Also Elsaana in the Temple of Telhamat mentions how blood elves of the Sunfury consume the energies of Outland’s voidwalkers to power their magics…
And - if its canon - they made cool void-ravasaurs and animated a giant skeleton and infused with the Void
These counts as powerboost… I guess
Not any of them would make them trustworthy in the eyes of… well… anyone outside the Old God Club, but still… power

But Alleria, who never had the accident, can do all that stuff, too…except for the fashion statement, I guess. But well, that might count as power in elven circles…

Deep sigh… I guess that happens when you tell Blizzard that the Alliance is too “morally white”. They just throw a “morally black” element in and call the disjointed result grey.

Just a friendly reminder that this isn’t a void elf hate thread!

In my opinion, Alliance should have just gotten high elves. I know, I said it.
That being said it is not cus I want to play a high elf, I am HORDE 4 LYFE!
But it would have just made more sense.
And the relationship between the alliance elves is not what worries me the most.
What worries me the most is kinda all allied races and their numbers.
Now, this is just my personal opinions and head cannons and I might be very wrong
When the Zandalari joined the horde, how much did the horde really grow?
And that is just with the Zandalari? I could easily see the Zandalari being a up at the end of houndreds of thousand trolls, if not a million or two.
What about the Mag’har? how many of the orc planet population did escape here? would they be more or less than the “native” orc population we had? How many ogres, gron, saberon and botanics did come with? as you can see a few escape into Durutar in the chaos.
How many high mountain tauren are there in those lands? couple thousand? tens of thousands?
Vulpera I do not think it would be that many of, I would say like, maybe 2000 to 4000… max ten thousand? ( then again, head cannon)

Then we have the alliance… I would be amazed if there was even two thousand void elves, but then we have the light forged and the army of the light that has been said is one of the biggest armies in the universe so… millions of fanatical light Draenei with a super spaceship of death.

The kul’tiran I would say is as plentyful as the Zandalari but then we have the Dark iron too that can be a huuuge number from what we have seen, many enough to take over Ironforge.

AND THEN THE NIGHT BORNE!? Massive city!! how many?! I have sooo many questions about the numbers, it blows my mind.

And in my view, the light forged are the greatest threat, what stops them from doing a Dreanor on our planet.

The night elves need to stand up and fight agienst the light forged before they attempt an Illidan on all of them.

Maybe if the lightforged decided to convert all the night elf it would’nt be so bad, they could become the Dawn elves :wink:

1 Like

btw there actually was one quest, where Shandris (Sentinels General) was talking with Umbric (leader of the Void Elves). Shandris only was concerned about that void could damage the nature. She did not care about the fact that Umbric was blood elf…

Its trickier than you would imagine, how they get on, but I suppose if you track it back far enough, it can just work. Remember, when Malfurion exiled Dath’remar and his followers, those High Elves weren’t even -that- bothered. They could work without the stifling goody two shoes Druids inhibiting them…

Fast forwards a generation, to those High Elves first born in Eastern Kingdoms, like Lorash Sunbeam, well, they’ve physically changed, becoming shorter, paler etc, it seems life was very tough on them, that generation, Lorash certainly seemed/seems very bitter about it…

Since then, the Kaldorei and Quel’dorei seemed to be able to cooperate, at least, After the Second War, the Quel’dorei as a body politic left the Alliance, but there were still some Quel’dorei fighting alongside Alliance, who would have come into contact with the Kaldorei during the Third War, when the NIght Elves signed up for Team Blue.

Even more tellingly, after the Scouring of Quel’thalas, and Kael’thas renaming his people as ‘Blood Elves’, even -then- they seemed to be fine, Tyrande and Kael’thas are perfectly courteous to each other and cooperate (Admittedly at this time the Blood Elves were a neutral Kingdom, not Horde). Kael’thas doesn’t seem bothered that his great great grandpappy or beyond was Exiled, and Tyrande doesn’t seem to have a problem with the Sin’dorei.

The Fel/Draining Mana thing was weird, as the Blood Elves didn’t drain Fel to survive, they drained -Mana-. The Fel Crystals kept the building floating and even then not even Rommath knew what weirdness Kael’thas had sent home. We see what happens to a High/Blood Elf who lives off Fel, and they look nothing like a normal Elf, red skin, spikes, vestigial wings, horns (in fact a lot like a Demon Hunter). The Kaldorei are a bit naughty at this point and start sabotaging -arcane- leylines to starve the Sin’dorei, who understandably get a bit shirty about this, and join the Horde.

At this point it is the political allegiance that is the problem, not their races themselves. When the Night Elves allowed Magi back into their society, the Blood Elves were not enraged, they were -amused-.

So why were the Blood Elves so down on the Void Elves that they Exiled them? For a start, this seems to be your standard way of dealing with such things for Elves. Kaldorei Exiled the Quel’dorei, Sin’dorei Exiled the Quel’dorei, Sin’dorei Exiled the Ren’dorei. So to a Night Elf, this is pretty much business as usual, in terms of how Elves in general deal with dissension.

But Why was Void so bad?

It isn’t ‘shadow magic’ per se, it is -whose- teachings. The Void Elves took the research of the singularly most reviled Elf in the history of both Sin’dorei and Quel’dorei. Dark’han Drathir. Dark’han Drathir got 90% of the species killed by his treachery. High Elves should hate him even more than Blood Elves, he got 90% of the species killed, then caused a set of circumstances that meant that they got -exiled- by 90% of the survivors! They got hit twice by his treachery.

Magister Umbric actually acknowledges this during the starting Void Elf quests, admitting that when he realises whose notes he is studying, he can -understand- why Rommath forbade it. It isn’t so much ‘what’ as ‘who tried to do it first’ that is the problem.

Night Elves wouldn’t have such deep cultural revulsion for Dark’han Drathir as High and Blood Elves do.

They’re likely extremely distrustful of them, but then, they did rather famously allow their own people to imbue themselves with Fel Demons, admittedly they mistrusted them and to a degree reviled them, but even Night Elves seem to be able to go along with “The ends justifiy the means” (Like all Elves are portrayed in game).

Just from that, I reckon the type of Elves who hate them (Void Elves) the most would go High Elves, -very- closely followed by Blood Elves, and some way down the list, Night Elves. It isn’t like they have a religious reason for hating the Void, as High and Blood Elves do, along with Humans, Dwarves, Draenei, Gnomes, pretty much any species that has The Light as the state religion.

BUt that is just like, my take on it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.