What a Loot System

Stars only good for long single target fights, or if rng god wish you proc it with every gcd.

Iā€™m not talking about fail content,corruption system etc.Iā€™m talking about justice.300 m+ dungeons,raid bosses,weekly chests and still got nothing.

Loot now is pretty awful, demotivating, and undeserving of respect.

Iā€™d like to resurrect three videos from a year ago, that I found very interesting.

In the first, Travis Day explains the evolution of his thinking on loot systems from WoW to Diablo:

Then Preach reacts, asking some questions Iā€™d like to ask as well:

And finally Kevin Jordan weighs in on Preachā€™s views:

Itā€™s a long journey, and it leaves me with more confusion than answers, and you will not find a one-line moral anywhere within it, but if anything I think the nearest thing to a conclusion is that the devs are all screwed up in their thinking, trying for some game-designer purity ideal that does not resonate with players.

Loot system sucks, because the system slugish, unpolished, outdated easy made. Put 100+ loot in 1 table, roll out 1.

Why that idiot rng not working for me one time?300 dungeons,raid bosses,horrific visions and more.No infinite stars,no devastation,no haste,versa crit.Just avoidence,leech etc.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.