What are BLIZZ thinking? (Exp eliminations)

I can’t express how disappointed I am…
Game = Killed

source:
“Experience Eliminated
Experience gains from quests and kills vastly reduced. Someone in your party has chosen to no longer gain experience.”

Oh, thank God.

4 Likes

People having to level normally now means the game is killed? Interesting.

Only kills it for the lazy ones.

4 Likes

How exactly does this kill your game?

That means all Twinks cant queue for stuff.
As soon as somebody sees a Twink in his party, he leaves because he gets no EXP and the twink cant do stuff with other players.
This goes with Quests and everything as well.

"This won’t happen.

The change only affects groups that manually invite player characters who have XP off. There is no impact on players who find themselves automatically grouped by the matchmaker while doing PvP or Group Finder dungeons.

This change also doesn’t affect anyone who has turned off XP for their own benefit, such as plundering old raids while keeping their level low enough to use their Aggramar’s Stride boots."

Chill out people

4 Likes

To be fair, a lot of changes have people rushing to conclusions without properly reading what they’re concerned about. Nothing new here :confused:

1 Like

WHAT ARE BLIZZ THINKING?
How to screw over everyone to get as much money they can.

Doesn’t affect me, but I can see why it’s annoying.

Rght now my DH is 420 (418 with good stat gear). So whats the point in raiding / keys for me? I’ve got to pray any mythic raid items warforge. Or key items double titanforge, based on numbers I’ve read, that’s an average 1 in 500 keys. And it’s gotta be one of my lowest items, and have good stats. So that’s a 1 in 1500 chance now.

So the only thing for mates to do at this stage, is do boosts and wait for 8.2. Get some nice gold saved up for 8.2. And to be fair it’s not even nice any more lol. The amount of boosts in BfA is absolutely nuts. A 15 key in legion was 200k, could take an hour+ to get a slot. In BfA it’s 50k, and hundreds of people selling them on silvermoon. People are bored, ans have turned to boosts to get enjoyment.

Yeah, the boosting tendensy is proberly a sign of a more generel problem in WoW.

Like i get why Blizzard is doing it. Its annoying to see super saying characters jump around in the world and clearing stuff while they are followed by leveling characters who are just harvesting EXP. It does not feel intended, when the characters boosting are lower lvl than the characters being boosted.

I think the outrage would be much less if Blizzard just had a more “fun” leveling experience, but then again, there are just some people who look to skip the leveling experience as fast as possible, no matter how fun or engaging the leveling experience is.

Not even close.

Twinking is a very niche activity. Even if it would become impossible to do so, the game wouldn’t be killed either. Sorry, but your way of playing the game breaks stuff. You might think that’s fun, but Blizzard doesn’t like it (which is totally understandable).

2 Likes

It’s going to make levelling up with my friends a bit difficult.

There are five of us meeting weekly to level through dungeons. On more than one occasion (lots) I’ve had to lock XP gains so I don’t outlevel the dungeon tier before them.

This means that rather than lock XP and carry on playing with my friends, I have to stop playing until they catch up.

I don’t like this change.

1 Like

And how did THAT happen then? If you’re all getting the same XP it shouldn’t.
Maybe you should look into what’s causing THAT?

Sometimes one of us is not available so we queue as a 4 instead.
The following week the 4 of us that was on the previous week will lock XP until the person absent the week before has caught up.

By fixing a problem with endgame stuff, it shouldn’t affect the current flow and access to lower level stuff imo.

This change will make it so that we either all play or none of us play.
Possibly a deal breaker for us as I know for a fact two of our crew will likely leave the game if we can’t do our weekly meets as this is the only time they play WoW.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.