I dont like the new Experience Eliminated buff (twink XP nerf)

Hey

I am against this for the following reason:

I want to have chars with XP lock at lower lvls so that i can use them to play with guildies and friends that are lvling a new char.

I am not talking about a boost char/twink. .

This change will restrict the way i want to play with friends and guildies.

3 Likes

A lot of people disagree, but you might still use the current trending thread instead of creating a new one.

1 Like

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/island-freehold-twink-leveling-nerf-turning-xp-off-is-now-group-wide-in-patch-8-2/56078

To name but a few.

5 Likes

They deleted my post and muted me for 3 days so that topic i made no longer exist. God forbid we dare tell the truth!

2 Likes

Doubt its what you said, guessing its how you said it.

10 Likes

Gee, colour me surprised with your choice of language. Don’t use that type of language on the official WoW forum and expect not to get some manner of forum vacation for it.

4 Likes

whole problem started with dungeon scaling with your level at both side bcs players geared more than average of that level had easy time to clear and players with lower item level or naked players had very hard time to do that , my thinking is that you should do instead of scaling with item level to scale with skill something like if u clear dungeon faster than they think than u get dungeon scaled up and get more exp if u clear slower than u get tuned down dungeon for you and less exp something like it is already in m+ that way twinks will get with 110 to mobs level much higher and will not be able to boost also if u want exp for clearing dungeon should not be trigered on last boss it should be if u clear all bosses or even maybe just remove last boss kill exp and putting more exp to all bosses that if u clear whole dungeon will get same feel but this time every boss same amount of exp , that is my point of view

well, look at the bright side: Draenor-EU Trade Chat will never be flooded again with endless offers like this.

1 Like

The first one is gone. Gives a 404 now

The only reason this is a problem is because Blizzard decided it would be a brilliant idea to make 110 to 120 levelling be levelling down.

This is nothing more than a poorly applied bandaid to fix an issue that Blizzard introduced with their monstrously idiotic world overhaul.

Blizzard HQ has been beset with demons whose only purpose it is to detect RPG elements and fun and to nerf them.

It’s time for a hecking Crusade!

Some things have to be said the way they should i dont see any reason to sugar coating everything.

I mean, they did take on a fair few developers from the Diablo 3 team at one point.

If you think that the 110-120 leveling experience feeling like you got weaker had anything to do with the world scaling system I am glad you wont be actually leading any crusades to take over development.

The problem entirely was on Legion and its bloated power mechanics and massive ilvl being an artificial high that you were never coming off from cleanly unless you expect every fresh 110 to get a free set of normal antorus gear and 2 legiondaries which would have to be kept permanent(hahaha, no).

Ahhhh, I see. So what you’re saying is that it’s got nothing to do with the scaling system that an Antorus geared player at level 110 is miles and miles stronger than an Antorus geared player at level 120.

In fact it’s got nothing to do with the fact that they’re stronger than a Mythic Battle for Dazar’alor player at 120 in literally the exact same dungeon against the exact same enemies.

I will take it into account and never complain about scaling again. You’re obviously completely correct, that system does not create broken power differentials or wonky scaling.

Thank you for your illuminating insight.

Except that it’ll be changed for 120 toons running islands instead. Nothing changes at all except where they boost

1 Like

Yeah I mean if you do not understand how it works it is gonna be hard to explain.

Question is an ICC geared 70 stronger against level 70 enemies than an ICC geared level 90 is against level 90 enemies? In all stages of the game the answer was always yes.

The only thing scaling enables is that twinks get to level people all the way to level 120 in the first dungeons and not just say 114 which would likely have been the level the first dungeon would turn green. A max level person obviously would have been very effective in non max level normal dungeons, but also because how they work subject their party members to reduced exp anyway because it would be out of their level range AND deny any dungeon completion bonus since they couldn’t queue for them together and had to manually enter it.(ie scaling actually makes max level dungeon boosts actually feasible from 110 to 120)

The easiest example to show this is that Legion Normal dungeons worked just like this, yet for some unknown reason HFC twinks were not in high demand to carry people to max level(because WoD had only 3 raids worth of content and the Leggo ring wasn’t as overpowering as 2 265 leggos with good stats and working effects, a same or stronger ilvl weapon and 280 pantheon trinket that stacked with a new artifact neck and 3 280 azerite pieces). Besides maybe an early demand for them, HFC geared people had no chance at effective carrying on the level of an EN raider with a good chunk of unlocked traits.

Legions dungeon boosting scene shows us that scaling doesn’t even come close to being the reason for this, and as I outlined it’d keep happening without it, just boosting halfway through till 114-115 rather than all the way.

A leveling system which had to both be doable by fresh 110s while still actually making Antorus geared people replace their gear by the end while only lasting 10 levels had an impossible job to begin with. They prob would have needed to raise the max level by 30 instead to actually manage to do it smoothly, and even then you’d lose ~10% of your secondary % every level just to reset it back to where it usually is at the start on an expansion.

The answer to that used to be yes, but now it’s not. See, that’s the whole core of what you don’t seem to understand!

If I take a level 70 geared in ICC armour (however the heck this even happened in the first place is a mystery we’ll have to solve later) I used to be weaker against level 70 enemies than a level 90 geared in ICC armour, because the level 90 had the advantage of level while they both had the same gear.

Now, the level 90 will not be stronger than the level 70 because the level 70 will see a level 70 enemy which he will attempt to kill with level 70 gear, but the level 90 will see a level 90 enemy that he will attempt to kill with level 70 gear. As a direct result, the level 90 is objectively weaker than the level 70, because they’re looking at the exact same enemy.

This is the problem. There is no further explanation necessary. It’s bloody obvious.

No! It enables a level 110 to treat mobs like they are level 110 while another player received XP from them as if they were level 119.

This is because the level 100 gear was weaker at level 100 than the level 110 player was at level 110. This is indeed because of the crazy gear scaling, but nobody has any problem with a crazy OP level 110 boosting a level 100 player. The problem is when this reverses, and a level 100 is boosting a level 109 to level 110.

In order to prevent this from happening while under the effects of the scaling system, you cannot grow weaker against mobs at the same level as yourself as compared to any previous level. That is, if you can 1-shot a mob at level 2, then you must forevermore be able to one-shot, otherwise that ability literally becomes weaker against that same level 2 mob, because if you go back to it when you’re level 110, it’s gonna be level 110, too.

They bloody well managed it going to WotLK to Cataclysm, and WotLK had A LOT of scaling, too.

But you’re right that Legion had too much scaling.

I see you cannot read, sucks to be you,vI asked if a 70 and 90 in the same gear fought level 70 and 90 enemies respectively who’d perform better.

Just because with changes a mob can act as level appropriate at multiple levels doesn’t change how the formula works.

You also failed to at all address the obvious, if Freehold was a static 110-114 dungeon and retain it’s current difficulty for fresh 110s, the only thing that would change is a level 120 could no longer boost a 110 through any dungeons despite being stronger than Freehold normal, yet a 110-111 twink would just as easily keep boosting people in them, merely with an upper limit of level 114-115.

So all your so called main culprit would do after arrest is give a roof to the problem at the same time destroying max level carries pre 116-117 completely. Despite, you know, the system not at all causing problems in leveling dungeons in the previous expansion.

Take your hate for a system to a problem where it is an actual culprit.

They would perform the same, however the level 90 could not benefit from a level 70 killing level 70 enemies in the presence of the level 90.

I have not failed to read anything.

Yes, it does. It changes everything that a single enemy can appear to have two different levels to two different players.

Yes he can? He just enters and boosts away. What, you think being too high a level prevents you from entering a dungeon just because it stops appearing in the LFD system?! xD

All the boostee has to do is hit each mob once with the most passive of attacks.

Maybe he could, but the only reason he’d have to stop doing it would be because the guy he is boosting grew stronger than he would be, and whoever he was boosting would progressively get less and less rewards due to the mobs being killed being below his level, while the booster is doing everything in his power to boost someone who is stronger than himself. Eventually the point is just gone.

No it wouldn’t?! Just drag the guy in there, make sure he hits every mob once, and boost away.

But actually Blizzard started rewarding XP based on contribution (the exact formula for which is unknown) during I believe tBC to counter this as well.

Yes it did, but it never reached its expression because level 110’s were so much stronger than level 100’s due to WoD being a failed expansion.

I have. Feel free to let me know when you catch on to it. I promise you it’s not that difficult when you let go of the illusion of “big crits and big numbers”.

you have just proved you have no idea how boosting even works. A HUGE chunk of the XP from boosting comes from the completion reward, which is not available unless the dungeon is entered through a queue. Secondly if a dungeon is Green for you, which a non scaled Freehold would be, people in the group of the boosting max level would receivce reduced XP than if grouped people for whom they are Yellow. You have displayed an absolute lack of understanding of the XP system.

Secondly, no leveling dungeon in the HISTORY of WoW was “easily soloable” by someone 1 level above the max intended level of it. If Freehold wasn’t scaled, a 110 twink power leveled person up to 114-115 would still be worse at clearing the dungeon solo than the 110 is. Heck you can test this, take a 115 character that was a fresh 110 then leveled to 114 purely through dungeons, and test how they perform in a Normal 110 Legion dungeon compared to a 110 twink, I can guarantee they’d be way slower in clearing content that is barely Green for them.