What are Blizzard's tuning priorities?

SERIOUSLY you have Guardian Druids surviving 1v8s ON THEIR OWN, Preservation Evokers surviving 1v4s also on their own, Demon Hunters leeching away all of your hp, Warlocks taking negative damage, but the one class that gets nerfed before all else is the least problematic s1 class of all of these being DK? Heck, I say before all else, but I’m just wondering if there’s a chance that those classes get nerfed at ALL. DH does so much damage, lives so long but DK is the problem class?

Fury Warrior has self heal while being able to pump its max damage while DK has to dump its damage into self healing with Death Strike. With that in mind in the first place Death Strike being this bad at self heal should have just been a thought because its something you actually had to waste resources on. Meanwhile other classes get to heal for free, which is fine that those classes get to do that, that’s how it is. However, Death Strike absolutely should heal more with the new Will and AMS nerfs, not LESS man

Death Strike now though heals for negative hp, you outheal bad/undergeared healers in bgs but it will always be that way, in arena it never was that way. Tuning was historically based on 3s but for some reason Death Strike got nerfed due to bgs, same as with Abomination Limb which was one of the things that kept DK competitive vs mobile classes. Death Strike is going to become a commitment to press that oftentimes will not have the right reward and it will make playing DKs feel like a chore, because at least other classes have the sustained damage to make up for less defensives. DK’s game relies on surviving long enough to burst people down and win in those windows but without the survivability to do so it makes playing DK in a fast meta very stressful and tilting.

Will and AMS deserved to be nerfed. DS and Abom Limb did not. DH, Lock, Preservation Evoker and Guardian druid need nerfs, DK needs to have a few of its changes revoked.

6 Likes

tbh, grabby hands spam pulling was completely obnoxious. DK damage shouldn’t have been so centred into that, and shouldn’t be completely counterable by disarming on pillar of frost CD.

Death strike should have been nerfed BUT DKs should have been given something to improve their survival vs melee at the same time. Too much of their defensive toolkit is weighted vs casters in a game that often tends to be dominated by heavy melee teams.

1 Like

hahahah i saw a guardian druid killing around 10 people on a world fight we had on top of mountain to kill dragon ,the guardian druid hahahahahahah

all i know is i joined fight with him on my ret pala we killed no jokes other 10 and killed the dragon hahahaha

1 Like

Shh nobody cares about ur opinion

Priorities: Buff druid, boomkin, then buff rogue again.

Blizzard clearly did and now you cant grabby hands go brrrrr glue to people now

To be fair i don’t like Slappy hands anyway… wouldn’t mind seeing Soul Reaper make a return but of that to happen we would need to see more steady healing and Necrotic strike make a return

This is essentially along the lines of what I’ve been saying about grabby hands. It’s been terrible for the design of DKs and stopped them having tweaks in other areas. They get balanced around it and are a shell of a class outside it. Forget the survival nerfs, the class really needs a redesign.

Honestly, the single grab per person is how it should work, however, they need some work outside it. For example, DKs can be hard countered with a disarm every time they pop pillar.

How is it possible they nerfed all we had as far as healing and even ab limb but not furys spear that is the same as and even worse to play against then ab limb?

the issue is DK stuff was really overtuned, but so was DH, rogue and fury. Those three need big nerfs as well, but they only did DKs, when all the stuff that DKs had nerfed did need to be nerfed. The reason you feel you have no survival against other melee is because the other melee are insane atm

you are right but the thing i think they should have done with ab limb is just remove the dmg cuz it was the most fun imo abillity to press to get the dmg going, and for the DS nerfs it is the to big bcuz off wotn talent, if u pop death packt ant try heal it with Ds its never gonna happen. but u are right they NEED to nerf the other classes fast your too :slight_smile:

That fury spear shouldn’t have even made it into this expansion, their mobility is good enough not to need it.

Fury/DK is still gonna be a solid comp - grabby one go, spear the next, still gonna glue to people, and DK damage is still very high

Indeed, give us a disarm immune while it’s popped as a pvp talent.

Agreed, the biggest issue that was with DS was due to a bug though, which is what should’ve been fixed first instead of hard nerfing everything

I also run that demo dk will be good, with the necrotic wound and ms effect of the demo. And dmg is high with good cc, only thing against meleecleave it is weak.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.