What can Retail learn from classic and what can classic learn from retail post

This is one of his tame posts he is the classic version of our Vinzora.

2 Likes

more variety in items. i don’t like that basically every item at the same item level has the same amount of stamina and main stat with two secondary stats. i want items with, say, less stamina and more strength for more of a glass cannon build, or items with both strength and agility, or maybe scrapping all the main stat and just putting stamina and a huge amount of crit.

a good example is aged core leather gloves, leather gloves with +5 dagger skill on them. they’re fantastic for dagger rogues because of that. i want more of that kind of item variation in retail.

it makes items feel different and special. in classic you are looking for a particular item. it’s special, and you know the name of it. in retail you want “bracers” of “high item level” with “these two stats”. it makes gear feel generic, bland and forgettable in comparison. legion legendaries accomplished this quite well, as did tier sets, but i’d like to see more variety in just general statlines on regular items.

1 Like

That is an alarming thought.

2 Likes

Lets face it stats were mental in classic i have a pair of gloves on my lock atm with strength int and spirit and a wand with agility and stam .

Making the epics is so good in classic too. You literally have guilds helping other guilds with mats. And have to put an insane amount of work in to get one. When we made ours had over 200 people at the anvil, throwing fireworks, spamming congrats in chat etc. Was a truley epic moment, when was the last time something like that happened in retail? 15 years ago?

I would say cata and guild effort working getting our rogues in 25 man herioc there daggers.

I dont know i dont play retail but the classic part sound cool bro
Some other time is when it was hillbrad PvP and all allys run away except gnome and they short so we catch them like frogs in the mud and gank them and even the dwarfs run away from they short friends. Its on Noggenfogger PvP its my serv and i love it we all help out and i help my family lvl to max and pvp every ally who hunt low lvlers

That’s another good point! World PvP and world bosses. Has some amazing fights, where we’ve had to ally up with 3 other guilds. To fend off 100+ people. It’s made for some epic nights, jumping on other guilds discord to work together and take a boss down. We’ve had 2 guilds defending, and 1 going in for the kill. When was the last time guilds worked together on retail?

Nice Drakedog transmog btw, he used to be an undead though.

Nothing, its an asylum for toxic players

1 Like

On utube (unbreakable shaman rank 14 p pvp) some1 say warlock is better then shaman and link to the video so back in my day when classic was retail i choosed for that reason

What’s a PCT?

I don’t play classic, but the classic I remember is one where gold income was mostly from farming and stuff and usually profession values weren’t negative.

PCT is Primary Care Trust to me so no idea :smile::rofl:

Huh ? no…

2 Likes

Gnomes are the best, I love classic when I see gnomes with ponytails everywhere

Everyone is different. I do not like the old massive unflexible talent trees where we all just choose the best simming ‘cookie cutter’ build. Yes the odd person would be a hybrid but they weren’t actually effective.

Now we have fully flexible talent trees that we can change per fight (if necessary) and does not require a full reset or increasing cost to change.

Each to their own.

4 Likes

I would love if BiS items could be get at low level and be kept for the whole game.

Like the feral head in classic. Would make keeping pvp gear up to date much easier.

What classic can learn from retail ? Learning to count higher than 2 when it comes to rotations

In my opinion:

Classic pros : class idendity (muh totems), professions have value, every class bring something to the party/raid, gun sound (retail gun sound so lame and unrealistic…)

Classic cons: Autoattack afk, lame pvp, unfinished specs, really slow combat (i like more dynamic combat and stuff), no endgame progression (Once max geared, always max geared).

Totems will be back in Shadowlands :slight_smile: Paladins will get auras back. Warlocks get curses back.

2 Likes

Well yeah thats true, but what kind of totems, only saw the searing totem so far…