What could cause an addon to work on all characters except one?

Crosshairs addon, works on all characters except my main. I tried updating it, disabling all addons except that one, deleting cache and WTF files. No difference, it suddenly stopped working on my main but works on all other characters.

There is no error message anywhere. I went into saved variables file and it doesn’t even have a file for this addon on any character, there’s no settings for it. I just find it weird that it’s working fine on all characters except my main, if it stopped working on all characters instead that would imply to me it’s no longer compatible, but it just stopped working on one character.

Have you tried /console cvar_default after a UI reset?

1 Like

Would doing that mess up all my UI and interface settings?

Hi Pewpega,

It may be worth renaming the WTF, cache, interface folders as mentioned here to fully reset the UI settings, then try installing just the problem addon and see if it works as expected afterwards.

It’s highly likely that another addon or setting has been changed for that specific character that is causing a conflict.

Remember that addons can still cause issues even if they are disabled.

alt to make new post

I renamed my WTF, cache, interface to WTFOld, CacheOld, and InterfaceOld. Then I started and exited the game. Then I downloaded the addon to the new Interface file that was created. Then I started the game and tested on different characters. Again the addons works fine on all characters except my main. I even tested another 60 alt in the same zone and it works fine, but on my main the addon doesn’t work. I even created a new character with the same race and class and the addon works fine, it just specifically doesn’t work on my main.

However, the game does say the addon is out of date but there’s no updated version. I just don’t understand how it can work fine on all characters except one.

Ah dumb me, I found out it’s because I have to turn on enemy nameplates for the crosshairs addon to work. So it was the settings on that character like you said.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.