What customization options would you like to see for your race?

Blue eyes, Warcraft 2 themed tattoos.

Beards and shorter hair for the males.

1 Like

I know I already posted here, but the more I analyze this, the more I feel Blizzard could very easily give the Night Elves some extra customization features which would make them role-playable as make-up High Elves without having to break the lore or explain a thing, exactly like they already showed to be doing with troll and dwarf appearances.

It would just require:

• A few more fleshy skin tones

• Some additional natural hair colors

• Blue face paints/tattoos

• Blue eyes beneath the new fainter glow

As a matter of fact, one could easily point that the Night Elves already have a couple of fleshy colored skin tones, so adding a few more will not shatter their lore, nor require any explanation, leading down to plain and simple genetic variation.

Next, the extra/new hair colors can be easily dismissed as dye being used following exposure to other cultures. They Night Elves have been living in the same towns with several races sporting these colors anyway, and barber shops are available in all major cities. I may be wrong of course, admittedly not very strong on lore, but I believe I read about Tyrande’s change of hair color being explained like that.

Further, tattoos/face paints are already a typical if still optional Night Elf feature, available in different colors, and diferent shades of blue already undeniably belong to overall color palette of the Night Elves. So all it would take would be adding more shapes and making the color independent from the hair, which I am seriously hoping is already in the plans seen the preview for the trolls and dwarves in Shadowlands.

Trickiest bit may be the blue eyes, but in this case Blizzard could easily get around that by just tweaking the intensity of the eye glow, which is already being worked on as from the announcement and PTR demo. So all it would take would be a simple statement or even silent assumption that ‘the glow covered it all up, now the eye color can be seen and chosen, too.’

Because honestly, just look at the current palette for Night Elf skin and hair customizations: they are mostly shades of blue plus green, ice grey and purple. So even without straying from the Classic/canon palette, it could be very easily argued that their eyes always were these colors, which were however being hidden by the intensity of the glow.

I mean seriously, what other eye colors could the Night Elves possibly have?

So there you go: Blizzard could very easily give the Alliance fanbase a choice to pick some options from a perfectly feasible Night Elf palette in order to roleplay as an Alliance High Elf, in a manner matching the Wildhammer options becoming available for the regular mountain dwarves, even if they will sport the same usual mountain dwarf racials.

If it works for the (Wildhammer) Dwarves and (Dark/Blood) Trolls, then Blizzard can easily make it work for the (High) Night Elves as well.

And they could still ALSO give similar options to the Blood Elves, if they deemed it appropriate.

Win win, everybody happy.

Oh, and while I am at this… could we have some additional jewelry and different ear shapes with smaller versions, too? The way they clip through the headpieces can be very annoying.

Found this pic on the internet.
Everything this guy has, and more:
https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/000/472/650/large/javier-zuccarino-druidoftheclaw01.jpg?1423848070

So that would be, for MALE NIGHT ELVES:

• Beards, good looking ones and BIG.
  • Eyebrows to be choosen independently from the face
  • More hairstyles
  • And overall bulkier build (?)

EDIT:

• I forgot, EAR STYLES!
5 Likes

Undead eye color : White, Gold, Red or just Pitch Black.

Blood elf : Darker skin tones , longer haircuts, eye color, jewelry , amazing facial hair, tattoo. DARK RANGER MODEL

Draenei : long braids, different skin tones (red)

Night elf : Dark Ranger skin option (since there are) more haircuts, tattoo, petals/feathers in hair.

I would personally love for Nightborne to get love, and for Void Elf to get the blue eyes option to please a large community (that I am not apart of I just support)

5 Likes

And while you’re at it, let us choose to have 1h weapons either on our backs or on our hips please Blizz <3

1 Like

Highborne customizations for the Night Elves:
Link to Concept Art: https://ibb.co/09nKMvG
(Sadly I cannot post proper links or embed images yet!) :frowning:

Thread here: Night Elves customization: the Highborne (NOT High Elves) - #47 by Faelwen-the-venture-co

1 Like

8 Likes

Oh yes, THANKS, you have my uttermost gratitude for posting the image!

Public hair for Pandarens!

What happened to that dance studio they said they were adding in wrath?

1 Like

Draenei: Allow females to ride their mounts such as horses without their legs so oddly placed. If Worgen can, so can the space goats.

2 Likes

Uhm… What exactly are you asking for here?

1 Like

Ya know; I still firmy belief that Golden Eyes shows great potential in general;

Azshara has Golden eyes and she is the greatest mage alive, Illidan had Golden Eyes and became the greatest Demon Hunter, while Malfurion gained his(which turned green for some odd reason) when he became the most powerfull druid alive…

Horns are a sigb of great druidic potential, tho.

1 Like

Hamuul Runetotem must laugh at Malfurion and his silly antlers then…

For NVIDIA Hairworks for Pandarens :rofl:

Oh… Cool… I thought you meant something completely different :no_mouth:

In public :smiley:

1 Like

Eredar skin for Draenei. Technically Draenei are still Eredar but you know what i mean. And not the red ones obviously for lore reasons, but Archimonde’s model for example is normal for the Draenei, minus the eyes.

I expect this is an opportunity for Blizzard to add Broken Draenei into the mix.

Normal skin tone for Void Elves like Alleria.
Skinny Kul’tiran.

Non hunched Worgen?
White Fur option like Genn’s.

Non hunched Undead.

All troll tribes included now that the Zandalari have been made part of the Horde.

Nightborne as they were introduced in Suramar.

2 Likes

Voice type for gnomes would be amazing to sound like Gila Crosswires and Tinkmaster Overspark maybe some gadgets like some watches

1 Like

Gnomes! There cute and crazy but they need more face options, gadgets and gizmos, heck after a “successful” experiment we could have scarring.
Lepper gnomes would be good as a skin option or even small devices like bound arms with gadgets on them, saw someone put watches, sound awesome

2 Likes