What customization options would you like to see for your race?

Face tattoos

1 Like

Eye shapes, mouth shapes separated. They shouldn’t be combined into 1 “face” shape.

1 Like

Horde

• Forsaken:

As someone has put it nicely in the other undead customization thread.

I want more deformities. I can leave it to developers imagination of course… I want more of those creepy options instead of cartoonish options.

I surely hope Blizzard takes feedback from those who are actually playing the race and not some randoms.

2 Likes

Blood elves: Tatoos,Scars,More hairstyles(like valeeras super long ponytail),more hair colours( i want them to have option for Pink and Black Hair atleast),Blue eyes option.
Glowing hair with Arcane (blue) or Light(golden) due sunwell.
Also glowing runic tatoos. More jewerly (id like the armbands the belf in BC cinematic has). Body slider or atleast some choices for bit more bulky/musceld or skinnier look,And boob/butt for females and bugle for males.

NIght elves: ody slider or atleast some choices for bit more bulky/musceld or skinnier look,And boob/butt for females and bugle for males.
Tatoos for rest of their body,more eye colours like gold/orange for females and the white for males. scars. Hairstyles with leaves in them. Scars.
More hairstyles and colours(want the dk and dh hair colours aviable for non dk/dh)

Void elves: Body and booty slider ,Tatoos and scars Option. Long Ponytail hairsstyle;and more hairstyles and colours in general.
Normal Skin colour option like Alleria.

Nightborne: Make them look the npcs actully and more hairstyles,haircolours and body and bootyslider + scars and more visible tatoos.

Trolls: More hair styles and colours,Uprigjt stance,tatoos and scars. And body +booty slider.

2 Likes

I just want more and better hair, beard and face options for most of the core races.
I would love a Slim-Regular-Muscular-Bulky slider option. But i doubt that would ever happen

And I want better hair, or at least hair that doesn’t stick out of hoods/hats/helmets on my worgie - Oh and better run animation :sweat_smile:

And also, I am still hoping for a better booty, for the Bloodelf males. Everybody got a nice backside now - just not Male Belf

2 Likes

I almost forgot:

• improved running animation for male forsaken, cause this rogue looks like he’s shaking because of a terrible disease when he runs (same goes for arcane mages, hunters and so on, when they run fast but not fast enough to trigger the sprint animation)
1 Like

I’d really like to be able to play a forsaken female monk whose attack animations are based on their normal unarmed attack stance (the creepy ground-hugging thing).

2 Likes

Bald head for Night Elves.

1 Like

Man’ari skins for draenei. There are 3 of them in the wow dressing room (red, orange and a lighter purple) and make my epeen soar whenever I see them.

2 Likes

Nelves height and make that their tatooes don’t change color when you change hair color.

2 Likes

For Worgen i would like to see

• Seperate Human and worgen Customisation

• More Fur colours, Ranging from Pure White/Albino to Black.

• More Eye colours, Some more none-glowing options for Males, More glowing options for females. JUST MORE

• I’m still on the fence about this, But Tails? When a Worgen is in motion, the look like they need one, but all the fan models i’ve seen don’t look quite right.

• Tattoos(Fur Markings) There’s Various NPC worgen with the Tribal-ish fur markings, Give 'em.

• Main Colour/Styles: Please let us change the colour, as no matter what, the mane colour is always 10x darker than your fur and it just looks odd.

I’ll probably come back to this when i think of more.

4 Likes

More of everything really (hair,colours,…), think it’s going to be still too limiting in Shadowlands.

More body types for all races would be a priority for me: Taller, shorter, skinnier, fatter… even if it’s between a set amount that doesn’t go into extremes.

2 Likes

Would like the tattoos for blood elves that should have been there from the start.

2 Likes

For Void Elves I’d like a translucent skin option where you can just see the void energy pouring through the veins.

Sort of like albinos in real life where you can see the blood veins clearly on their body. Just with a more purple skin hue, and void energy rather than blood.

And more tentacle hair styles. :octopus:

3 Likes

I highly doubt Blizz will really look at any of these posts in great detail and go, “Ah, what a good idea, we’ll add this!” - but I can live in hope :heart:

One of the main overall customisation features I would love to see (but most definitely won’t) is a breakdown of the face - eyes (style and colour), nose, lips…etc so we can kind of mix and match and make our characters even more unique (which, from what I’ve gathered, is the whole selling point of this Expansion - player customisation, which is definitely a welcome (and long time waiting) addition, and one I am thoroughly looking forward to).

As for each individual race…

Alliance -

Human:prince:t2:

• I’m really excited about the ability to choose other ethnicities. It is something I’ve been looking forward to for ages!

• I still feel that male humans are way too bulky and definitely don’t fit if you want to be a cloth-wearer: - not so much I’ll burn you with my spells as I’ll yeet your head off with my staff. It might be asking too much, but other body options, like how the Orcs can now be upright or hunched. I would also love the option for females to be muscular, so it’s feasable that I can run around wielding two two-handed weapons as a warrior.

Dwarf:bearded_person:t2::beer::hammer_and_pick:

• Love, love, love the option to be a Wildhammer Dwarf. Not sure exactly if they would come under standard Dwarves or if this customisation option will fall under the Dark Iron Dwarves as they’re technically an ally race. If Wildhammers fall under the standard Dwarf race option, it begs the question why the Dark Iron were made into a separate allied race, but I digress.

• I would so love to play a female Dwarf with a beard :rofl:

Night Elf:elf:t3::first_quarter_moon_with_face:

• Body tattoo options
  • More hairstyles
  • Expanded options for the Night Warrior feature
  • Option to have yellow or golden glowing eyes (not linked to a skin or face option).
  • Ear length or shape (pointing outwards, upwards, small, really long…etc)
  • Piercings

Gnome:child:t2::hammer_and_wrench:

• More hairstyles
  • More facial options
  • More skin colours
  • Scars, freckles, beauty spots…etc

Draenei:goat::alien::gem:

• Tail Length
  • More horn and hair options
  • Option to have jewels on face/body
  • Option to have the eye shapes that were featured in the female Draenei alpha model update, prior to them being altered for being too ‘orb like’. Personally, I prefered those eyes (with the exception of them being too blue. White would’ve been much nicer). In case anyone doesn’t remember which one’s I am talking about - These eyes

Worgen:wolf:

• More fur colours! Especially white! I wanna be a white werewolf!
  • The ability to customise the human form and Worgen form independently
  • More glowy eye options for female worgen - more subdued eye options for male worgen
  • More hairstyle options
  • The option for male Worgen to stand upright
  • Fang length
  • Option to have a tail (I know it’s not lore-friendly, but this is one of my wants :heart:)

Dark Iron Dwarf:bearded_person:t2::beers::fire:

• More hair options
  • More beard options
  • Give females the option to have beards :rofl:
  • More skin colour variants

Kul Tiran:man:t4::pirate_flag:

• The option to pick other ethnicities
  • More hairstyles
  • More face options
  • Tattoo options
  • Being a nation of pirates, maybe the option to have a pegleg or a hook hand :rofl:

Lightforged Draenei:goat::alien::pray:t2:

• Same as Standard Draenei + more skin colours (they’re very limited)
  • More Tattoo options

Void Elf:elf:t3::fleur_de_lis:

• I would love to see a skin tone that is pale as snow but with dark purple extremities (fingers, toes, ear tips…etc).
  • Option to look like Alleria - More natural skin and hair colours, but with voidlike features (purple tinge, glowing eyes…etc). This also makes it possible for people to RP as High elves
  • More tentacle hair options! (as well as options with no tentacles)
  • More facial options

Mechagnome:child:t4::hammer_and_wrench::gear:

• Same as standard Gnomes
  • More indepth customisation of the mechagnome features (let us pick and choose, mix and match…etc).

Neutral -
Pandaren:panda_face::bamboo:

• Let me play a little red panda!
  • Give male red pandas a tail!
  • More faces
  • More hairstyles

Horde -
Orc:meat_on_bone::alien::chains:

• More hairstyles
  • More faces
  • Tattoo/scar options
  • Give me hunched female orcs!

Undead:zombie::coffin::funeral_urn:

• I love what I’ve seen so far! I am dying to play an undead without the bones showing
  • More bones showing!
  • Option to stand upright (male and female)
  • More face options
  • More hair options
  • Beards for the men

Tauren:cow:

• Definitely more hairstyles, especially for the female Tauren, who have like 3 options.
  • More horns!
  • More moo-cow patterns!
  • Warpaint
  • Nose rings for female Tauren
  • Options for things like feathers in the hair

Troll:woman_genie:

• I am in love with what I’ve seen. I love the sandtrolls. And those hairstyles! God I need more of them! And it looks like males will be able to stand upright (:crossed_fingers:t2:) Maybe hunched females as an option?
  • Females need proper big tusks
  • Definitely feeling the troll love :heart:

Blood Elf:elf:t3::syringe:

• More golden eyes option, not locked to face
  • More hair and face options
  • More earrings
  • More facial hair
  • Options like freckles, scars, beauty spots

Goblin:bomb::child:t2::green_heart:

• Give me the option to be a Gilgoblin!
  • Again, more hair and face options
  • Beards for the males
  • Ear options! Separate them from the nose and chin

Highmountain Tauren:cow:

• Same as Standard Tauren

Mag’har Orc:meat_on_bone::milky_way::alien::dark_sunglasses:

• Same as Standard Orcs. They have quite a few customisation options already, but I’d love to see more

Nightborne:elf:t3::purple_heart::syringe:

• Option to have face style of the NPC Nightborne. They just look so much more regal. It is also the only race that I can think of where the NPC’s looks so drastically different from the playable model. Was a little disappointed with them in the end.
  • More hairstyles
  • More skin colours
  • Facial hair options for males
  • More earrings
  • More tattoo options

Zandalari Troll:woman_genie::moneybag:

• I’m already super happy with the Zandalari. I think they’re amazing, but of course, I’m not going to say no to more features like hairstyles, faces, tattoo options…etc.

Vulpera:fox_face:

• I love these little fox guys! All I can think of is the option to change tail length, maybe the option between fluffy or sleek fur. I will never say no to more options!

Universal options
There’s always anomalies within nature, so the addition of certain features, like vitiligo, albinism, heterochromia…etc would be something I would love to see.

Blizz finally has a chance to completely remake the WoW Character Creation aspect of the game and give players full control of their avatars. It is something many players have asked for for many years, and I so hope they listen. I know WoW is quite an old MMO compared to many others out there, and therefore is, I guess, limited by what it can do - but the ability to customise your character shouldn’t be. I’ve played many MMOs over the years - Tera, Aion, Blade and Soul, Black Desert, Final Fantasy, Rift…etc and although none of them have had the pull over me that WoW has, their character customisation is something I have envied; the ability to fine tune your hero; to be a relatively unique model and not just the same as Player#3425. I just don’t want to look like every other NPC anymore…

9 Likes

Goblins, just splitting some of the customization option into their own sections.

1. beards as their own section & not tied to hair cuts
  2. noses as their own section & not tied to ears
  3. chins as their own section & not tied to ears
  4. piercings as their own section & not tied to ears
  5. more hair styles
  6. more beard styles, atm we’ve only got sideburns
4 Likes

Hazzikostas specified these updates were for WoW’s original races, so we may not see more options for races added in later expansions…at least not yet. If this goes over well, however, I suspect we’ll be seeing more customization overall in the future — for everyone on Azeroth.

Quoted from

Blood Elves :

• Blue eyes : As the Sunwell is now purified and it’s a mix of holy and arcane it makes sense the Blood Elves can now have blue eyes lorewise. It’s actually the option that has the most credibility.
  • Runic tattoos : some Blood Elves have these
  • Jewelry : I would like to see all sorts of ornaments you chose from from necklaces to rings and so on.
  • more hairstyles ( but this should be for every race really )
  • Racial / order themed abilities : Blood Knights , Farstriders , Blood Mage.
3 Likes

Also from there:

“Right now, Allied Races aren’t getting any new customization options (understandably so).”

But since Draenei have been confirmed to have additional customization coming, it’s not really clear. Things are being said that contradict each other.

Source: https://blizzardwatch.com/2019/11/02/tyrande-elune-wow-shadowlands/

In most cases allied races pretty much ARE the customization features that core races should had gotten.

They need to sit on the backburner for a long time.