What happened to content when levelling? Game is empty and boring

Matter of preference I see. To be fair I don’t mind longer leveling though with Classic Wrath I fell into a specific pitfall made especially obvious now that devs double down on Titan Rune Dungeons… I can’t catch up. There’s only a single way to gear up and only one endgame activity defaulting to highest possible difficulty. And Since I didn’t gear enough during Phase 1 (got to raiding roughly month before it ended) I wasn’t able to enjoy Phase 2. And with Phase 3 (which was a catch-up raid phase in original) doubling down on shared lockouts, Titan Rune etc it seems I will not catch up either.

Compared to that in DF I only got to level 70 about 2 weeks ago, unlocked full world content about week ago and yet I can (and did) gear up enough to try my hand at Abberus (only LFR since due to my low PC specs I fear trying harder content as I’d force people to wait, waste time etc.). Yes quality of content suffers but it feels like there are at least things to do. In Wrath it’s dailies and raids. If you can even do the latter.

To be fair in Df is only raids and M+ so not so rosy either.
Wasn’t Lfr added in Wrath originally?
If so I wonder why they did not add it now…

Lfr was added in dragon soul.

Ok thank you,I was not sure.

Some of u folks literally just complain for the sake of complaining. If u don’t engage in end game content, that’s on u, if blizzard had to keep updating the ENTIRE game, every zone. Do u also expect when u call a plumber cause ur sink is clogged that he checks the water pipes in ur entire house? Not really, and yes before u say u can’t compare, u pretty much can. It’s stupid to expect a company to keep updating something a very few people are focusing on, don’t like it? Stop playing.

1 Like

True but I don’t need to be absolutely on top of the game from the very beginning to enter those. Like I said I had no problems gearing enough to get a leg up in Abberus LFR and did that solely on my own merit. Meanwhile being just late in Phase 1 meant I was unable to progress to phase 2 after 5 weeks - first because obviously gear and then because all groups started demanding Achievement as they were sizing up HMs

Because we have LFR,it is not players choice in who to invite.
Try to get into Nm or Hc.
Same thing cause players won’t have u unless u killed it in mythic.

Possible. But hey at least I had some experience with locale, bosses and good looking gear instead of just realizing week after week I can’t do anything

Will be better when they introduce LFR there too.
If they decide to do Legion Classic(I know its not but still) I am not coming back to retail for sure.

that becasue if you didnt level on week 1 when everyone was leveling the world is dead yes.

1 Like

hardcore mode server for retail WoW. /nod /nod

This mode will keep you on your toes for months.

I dont doubt players like you like it. But should I remind you again that you’re a minority?

1 Like

Citation needed.

I didn’t, it’s empty, sure, most of the time it isn’t, just so happens the 2/3 hours when I play every day the world is damn near dead, I have to go out of my way and get some free time during a different time of the day otherwise there’s no one to play with.

Lmao, retail leveling is problematic but it’s not one of the reasons for it at all

It’s not entirely true, secondary stats and new talents make up for feeling of gaining power a lot, first levels of enh shaman for example is somewhat clunky rotation and by the 40 level you annihilate everything in front of you with windfury procs and buttons mash.
They need to scale up starting mobs, leveling will feel much more consistent, of course some classes will feel it tougher than others but so what

Anything will be better than classic walking simulator, and no, ad populum doesn’t work in proper conversation, especially considering that numbers on my side and there are much more retail players than classic players

Not sure thats true. Classic severs seems more populated. But even if that’s true, comparing retail to a 2004 version of the game is funny. It proves just how bad it got.

3 Likes

This designer team hates leveling . They have done everything they can to remove it from the game . Frankly I’m surprised we even have levels . May as well scrap them and everyone start end game from the start game .
Hell even on classic , where leveling is actually real , they implement stuff like “joyous journeys” , because they just don’t want players to play at low levels .

Case in point the current buff which increases experience gain by 50% on a game where you can level in 2 and half zones total quests , without dungeons .

Also I was leveling in plague lands and than vasj’ir . For the total of 5 days (well a few hours each day ) I spent there I did not see a single player and that’s on a realm connected with who knows how many others .
Poseidos just swam past me and I killed it because why not . I remember when this mount was camped by 5-10 people 24/7 for months on a realm not connected to anything .

Also why do you even need lvl 30 to start vasj’ir or lvl 15 to start plague lands . You are done in 2-3 zones anyways . You can’t even finish the story even if you started at lvl 1 . At lvl 30 you can barely finish one zone before leaving chromie time . Once out of chromie time , you start one shotting everything and you are forcefully teleport at the end of it …

1 Like

???
How? Even if we’ll compare number of highly populated classic servers and number of highly populated retail servers classic will lose drastically, and I honestly believe that roughly 10% of classic population is armies of bots

1 Like

I am not sure what population you mean , but on the full “servers” ogrimmar or Stormwind are more full than Valdraken is . Full enough to make you lag on a game 15 years old.
The population in retail is probably army of alts of the same 100 players , that’s why you don’t see many people around , but “high” numbers .
Sitting in 10 minutes ques or quieung into the same solo shuffle people 2-3 times in a row does not speak of high population . After midnight it is a struggle to gather 15 people to do the world bosses and I have seen instances where there was not a single custom group at all listed . That is for all EU realms . I have a feeling there’s literally 1000 people total playing in EU .

2 Likes

Because there is no phases or sharding on vanilla servers, i also witnessed dalaran being suspiciously low populated so basically people just rarely level past certain point and stacked conveniently in faction capital

Noone cares about pvp