What happened to Derek Proudmoore?

I cant seem to find any info what about what happened with Derek after Baine gave him to the Alliance.
Is he still a sleeper agent or was that idea scrapped?

The idea wasn’t scrapped. Derek was in the process of being twisted by Sylvanas when Baine freed him, so the process of brainwashing wasn’t carried out successfully. Derek is now trying to adapt to his new undead existence with the help of Calia Menethil.

They way it was set up it seemed to me that all was according to sylvanas plan, how nathanos just showed a blind eye for everything baine did in the releasing process…

What a waste of developing time most of BFAs lore…

That theory was always stupid. There was no indication that he was a sleeper agent, just wishful thinking from you people that think that Sylvanas is really a 5000iq mastermind.

2 Likes

What do you expect? The loyalist chain was made last minute. It is the same reason that nobody gives 2 marbles about the fact that you murdered people in Org and paraded Etrigg through the streets.

5 Likes

I used to think there should’ve been a similar idea in MoP, where you’d get to side with Garrosh or Vol’jin, but give how dissonant being a loyalist is in BfA, maybe forcing the PC into one direction was a better choice after all.

3 Likes

I didn’t expect much from the loyalist version and I am still disappointed. I knew the choice wouldn’t matter in the end but I thought they would do things which doesn’t paint your character as bad as they did.

I do have to admit one part I do like is the ambient dialogue the NPC’s have, that was a really nice touch and I hope they add more.

1 Like

We probably won’t see much from Derek until Calia is given the spotlight.

2 Likes

so hopefully never.

Sitting down holding hands with Calia saying cringe-inducing dialogue about how much they’ve helped each other and how happy their family is.

Disgosteng.

1 Like

true it would be much better to simply put the forsaken on a giant bonefire and purge them with fire

1 Like

The forsaken were humans once, and did not choose their fate, although they did some terrible things en masse, they are individuals and do not all think the same.

They did choose their fate. If they didn’t want to willingly support Sylvanas’ regime, they could have gone back to the peace of the grave.

and some did that, some even showed defiance against Sylvanas.

And those who did not willingly supported her authoritarian regime.

Derek literally said it in the In Game Cinematic…

Jaina: IS HE THE BOMB THIS TIME?!
Derek: Yes…that was the plan.

So, the “plan” was for Derek to get back, get the trust or at least attention from Jaina and Mum only to kill them. Basically a sleeper. Or just exploed in her face…

… yes, but the ‘5000 iq’ theory presupposes that the whole scenario is… I don’t know what’s the word, very meta? As in Sylvanas made him reveal her true plan to make it seem like he resisted her just to play mind games with Jaina when it was in fact much more straightforward and he just resisted her and her plan basically failed.

The plan was to turn him into a sleeper agent. The plan failed because Baine and the player rescued him in time. So he never became a sleeper agent.

Well, acting like he resistet, get into the family again and then “BOOM” kill them all. Sounds like a plan our Banshee would like.

Pretty much this was what I expected.