What happened to First Aid?

I came back to wow at the end of BFA, started hoarding cloth and found myself fanatically looking for a way to learn first aid. Ops!

I remember asking in trade and in guild what happened to first aid, but no one seemed to remember why frist aid was gone.

Why was first aid removed?

I really liked the whole bandage part of the game. It added a tiny bit more complexity and flavour to WoW. If it was due to pvp reasons? why not just remove the ability to use bandages in pvp.

I seriously can’t comprehend why blizzard would remove a nice and useful profession like this. Cloth drops are literally useless now.

Anybody knows what the reasoning was and why people aren’t upset about this :rofl:?

1 Like

Heya Croweley,

I remember there being a reasoning post about this somwhere around the BfA pre-patch time (when it was removed), but I can’t seem to find it anymore so I’m just going anecdotally here:
Since roughly Cataclysm/Pandaria times, FA turned into a pretty useless profession. In Legion, the bandage restored roughly 1.5k health over an 8 sec cast, which was at the most about 20% of anyone’s healthbar. The antivenoms may have had some merit in PvP (I’m no PvPer, so can’t say for certain), but overall FA wasn’t nearly as useful as during the Classic/BC days.
Also keep in mind, due to streamlining of class utility, many classes got some form of a self-heal (obviously with exceptions), that allowed them to emergency heal mid-fight, so the bandages got less and less useful.

Bandages and antivenoms still exist, but they are now absorb by the Tailoring and Alchemy professions repsectively.

Believe me, just like with everything else Blizzard does, some people got hella mad about this, but that discussion died down relatively quickly.

One tip: cloth drops are nowhere near useless (as opposed to the bandages people sunk them into back when they leveled the profession) and are consistently a good source of income if you sell them on the AH.

Hope that helps in giving some insights, and sorry again I couldn’t find the official source I took this from. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Aye too bad :frowning: I miss first aid though

I don’t agree there xD shrouded cloth is max 1g each on most servers ive played on haha

Anyway thanks for the response :slight_smile:

1 Like

I mean, that’s still 200g for a full stack. Tsk tsk, those greedy rogues :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Seriously though, I understand where you’re coming from. While I never much cared for FA, I’m still a little miffed we didn’t get an update for archaeology with SL. Same thing here, not really the most useful profession other than running around the world playing silent Marco Polo with an imaginary friend, but I just really enjoyed the flavour of it. :smile:

Not sure if this helps, but you can still buy the latest bandages Heavy Shrouded Cloth Bandage on the AH, as they no longer require skill on use. It seems like you were moreso looking for the cloth sink and falvour of making your own, but thought I’d still metnion this here.

1 Like

It got removed at the end of Legion.

In fact, it was a bit of an event for people since it meant there was a limited time to get the “Field Medic” title. It was a literal grind because some of the items in that achievement were rare zone drops so groups were getting set up to farm them, similar to how you got the groups farming the zone mounts in BFA.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.