What happened to herb prices?

I used to make decent gold farming BFA herbs. Siren’s Pollen and Riverbud used to sell for a lot, 50-80g as far as I remember. And Anchor Weed used to sell for up to hundreds of gold each. But now I look at those ridiculous AH prices (only a couple of gold for each herb). But what’s even more demotivating is the amount of herbs there is on the market.

imgurDOTcom/a/cvafGNd (I can’t post links apparently even though there is an Insert Link feature…)

I just took this screen - 57000 Zin’anthid …what?! And 26000 Anchor Weed… So, what is going on here?

Has the new AH somehow ruined the herb prices for us herbalists? Or is it bots that farm those herbs and sell them for pennies?

I am wondering whether most of those herbs are not even gathered by real players but somehow infused by Blizzard into the market to make it more accessible for those who raid.

The bottom line is - I am really dissapointed that the herb/flask prices have gone to sh@t, while WoW tokens still cost around 182.000 gold each. (I just checked)

Let’s say I sell a herb for 2-3g, which is average price for some of the cheapest herbs (Sea Stalk and Winter’s Kiss) and I want to earn a token to pay for 1 month sub. 182.000g per token divided by 2.5g (average cheap herb price) equals 72.800 herbs that I have to gather ?!?!

Is that a joke? What am I missing here?

Multiboxers

18 Likes

I think a lot of people stopped raiding and are just waiting for SL. The demand for flasks dropped because of it. That’s my assumption.

Edit: Just checked flask prices. They are not that low. This certainly doesn’t support my assumption. I was probably wrong about the flask demand.

2 Likes

Damn it, I knew it. So let’s say that this is true - so people who pay more money to Blizzard per month are allowed to screw up the market and prices and ruin it for the rest of us.

Blizzard sure sold out

3 Likes

For every herb you pluck theres a clonebatallion of druids picking up 15 of them.

8 Likes

Yep, either multibox or buy wow tokens. Thats the wow economy in 2020

1 Like
  • These herbs are barely useful now that Zin makes most of the reagents for current pots (- demand)
  • We outgear content, making it much easier to herb. (+ production)
  • There’s flying now (+production)
  • End of patch (- demand)
  • End of xpack (---- demand)
  • People have more time (+ production)
  • BFA is BFA (— demand)
  • xp buff makes it easier to have alts at 120 and thus multibox (+production)
  • most of the markets are dead so multiboxing is da wae (++ production)

ain’t rocket science

Still affording a monthly token just crfting movement speed pots, alch transmut and flipping ores by logging every two days.

Ain’t completely dead yet

4 Likes

The question is, what will happen to the insane amount of herbs that players currently have on them. Do you think BFA herbs will be needed in SL? Any hope that BFA herb prices would rise?

BFA alchemy has invis pots right? Those will probably still sell if blizzard doesnt make them level restricted.

1 Like

Everyone screaming “multiboxers” actually means “its the end of the expac, demand has dropped off a cliff”.

1 Like

Probably not and not in SL. About 2 expansions’ time they might go for a reasonable price

1 Like

One does not exclude the other

What do you mean?

But you write some solid points - makes more sense.
Still sad, though. How would I even make gold now to pay for my subs… if that’s even possible without some obscure, esoteric knowledge of pets, transmogs, etc. I am not a good goblin. I just like to relax, pick herbs and sell when needed… but now.

Maybe it’s Bliz’ intention - to make people spend their gold on tokens, spend their tokens, and their Blizzard-balance. That way when people’s virtual currencies are depleted they will start paying real money again?

Agreed. But you seemed to conveniently ignore it to push your agenda.

This.

Also this. We have had a drop in raid signups.

3 Likes

@Shammoz oh, thank you - mind telling me how you embedded the image?

Yes I ignored it since prices dropping due to end of the expac is a normal thing in my opinion. Demand has dropped but i feel the amount of supply is very high.
It would be interesting to see what percentage of the supply is from multiboxing account

They are Trust Level 3/MVP, who get permissions such as being able to embed links and images.

Oh, I see :slight_smile:

Hmm, but yeah - I miss the days where I sold my flasks for thousands of gold each. I guess I should start paying real money again to play WoW Classic, otherwise I would drive myself insane in WoW Retail with the current state of economy…