What happened to Shield of Vengeance?

Did they remove it? If yes, why?
What do we get in exchange?
Are we gonna get anything to replace it?

3 Likes

Still there, but its a talent, you can choose between divine protection doing 20% more or SoV

Right Tree, just below wake of ashes

4 Likes

Which’s best though i think the radient thing’s best for m+

Found it, thanks.

Honestly, I don’t see how. You would still have been able to pick Radiant Glory based on its position on the tree. There was no need to remove a defensive option for this. This seems to be only defensive nerf for PvP players and barely affecting PvE.

1 Like

I run SoV, because I like having 2 CDs instead of just 1. The 500k shield is handy as blocks the damage instead of mitigating it.

Yeah, likely was a PvP related change. Though a 40% DP could be handy on some fights where its a lot of damage spread over the duration and more than was SoV would straight up block. Often at least 1 healer check mechanic in a raid

But does feel more like a tree filler than an actual choice

It was a “filler” for people who does not do both PvE and PvP. I mean do both. What do I do now in PvP, I have one defensive less. Meanwhile Warlocks, Hunters and Mages still have a ridiculous amount of defensives.

Yeah true, I guess this is just Blizz mitigating the pally tankiness we’ve enjoyed in DF. They complained and so we got nerfed. Seems like a lot of the changes this pre-patch nerfed the pally strengths. Like we no longer have an intense burst. Things like Radiant glory seem to be designed to make our output even instead of bursty

Honestly, I don’t even know what to say. It’s a terrible change, especially since we’re not getting any other defensive options in exchange. They’ve also made some questionable, unnecessary changes to Windwalker. Meanwhile, Enhancement still hasn’t received the proper rework it needs. It’s just baffling to me. I was really pleased with their work in Dragonflight, but with War Within, it seems they’re starting on a bad note, at least for me.

Also, I don’t like Radiant Glory. RNG procs? No thank you. While RNG can sometimes add extra damage as a bonus, relying on procs for burst damage is bad design in my opinion.

1 Like

Yeah, though RG is bugged. Ever since SL they’ve been desperately trying to kill the Ret burst. Stacking ES, FR, AW, etc for a mega burst of damage. This is just the next step to kill it even further. Turn us into a steady damage dealer Its a shame. Only real hope is the Heroic talents, but nothing that really made me all that excited the last time I looked.

Is it? It’s working for me.

If it procs too often, people will complain. They might either significantly reduce the proc rate or nerf the damage. Then we’ll be left with one less defensive and bad DPS.

One positive thing I noticed is the old Exorcism sound. Though I’m not sure what triggers it. But I really like this sound.

Wings doesnt always activate with WoA, I think the proc is triggering an internal CD that then blocks the WoA activation of wings. If that is intended then its a stupid design

I dont often play with sound, but maybe its the new Mastery?

I tested it. It’s working for me. I don’t maybe it’s affecting some players.

Not sure, the sound is playing on Hammer of Wrath crits as well. It could crits that trigger the sound.

There is a talent that causes HoW to proc the mastery as well. So might still be that

Maybe its already been hotfixed. But in a raid this afternoon WoA wasnt activating wings half the time.

1 Like

Could be.

Maybe.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.