What has happened to PVP?

Dear Blizzard,

I took a break from WoW for like 2 years and have recently, since a few months, started to casually get back into the game. I wanted to play BFA, because an expansion of WoW is usually nice to go through. After the first week of my adventure I dinged 120. It took me about 6 hours overal. I was surprised because usually it takes way more time to go through the game.

Ah well, I didn’t care because I wanted to get into PVP as soon as possible. I’ve played WoW since the release and I have always felt myself more attracted towards the whole PVP aspect of the game. It’s just more fun to me. After I geared up into some blues and sorted the talents I thought I was ready to join some BG’s.

I got in to a random BG, thinking I would probably not be that great, but at least offer a bit of resistance. This because of my experience with my class and my respectable list of achievements and track history of the game. However… The outcome of the battleground was horrific! I didn’t stand a chance. I felt like a baseball who was literally getting tossed and smacked around.

After quickly typing /AFK I started doing some research about the actual situation on PVP. I stumbled upon the fact that I was forced to do PVE if I ever wanted to be a recognized force in PVP. I frowned, but I guess I had no choice. Weeks passed and I did nearly all solo content. Also did some mythic dungeons, but still the rewards were only around 450.

Occasionally I enter a battleground in order to see if I would hold my ground, but not much has changed. People with 470-480 gear rule the game. I figured that I need to do endgame raiding in order to be a competitive force in PVP. This is absolutely gamebreaking for me because I do not have the time nor friends to get this sorted.

I am very curious if this will change in the upcoming expansion. Will PVP get a review? It is a dire situation right now and I truly hope for PVP to get better.

Nollie

19 Likes

I am in the same boat, I had the best PvP experience here so I came back. And was surprised just as you, then I did my search and find out same thing as you, a it’s load of ******. As for expansion there is still hope, they are adding PvP vendors back, the only concern that there is no PvP stat, which begs the question how effective gearing through PvP will be.

1 Like

Yeah BFA is letdownd guys… exp some chars or farm mog/mounts and wait for SL…fingers crossed

1 Like

PVP is not for you anymore my friend. Especially bg, which is now entertainment for raiders, who should have some place to relax after killing dragons. And you’re the part of that entertainment, because killing npcs is not fun for them. And yes, nothing changing in sl. They’ve only added vendor instead of cap items. So cap items you see now would be from that vendor, which is now 445 ilvl

2 Likes

I guess I will not buy Shadowlands then.

6 Likes

Well, you did rejoin the game near the end of an expansion, when everyone has decked out characters with all the best trinkets and borrowed powers.
You can’t expect to just jump into an MMO and be on equal footing with people who have spent almost 2 years pumping their time (and tears) into content. That’s just absurd, sorry.
There is a silver lining, however. They seem to be listening to the ungodly amount of negative feedback from BfA, at least a bit. PvP vendors are returning in Shadowlands, so you can earn currency and buy gear doing what you love, finally.

3 Likes

I understand your arguement, but I beg to differ.

PVE and PVP should not get mixed up with eachother. The fundament is completely different.

PVE is mainly a group performance thing. You rely on your groups performance. You’re rewarded both individually and as a group. Ofcourse skill is involved the deeper you get in the dungeons, but as soon as you master the dungeons and are rewarded often enough, the game will make it easier for you the next time you go in.

PVP is about how well you anticipate on actions of other players and be rewarded for that purpose. The reward here is that you outplay your opponent, you simply have a small victory. Ofcourse you can attach some form of gear to achieve, but this has nothing to do with PVP itself. Therefor, gear should have minimum influence in PVP overal.

9 Likes

470 wont be enough too. If you don’t have mythic raid desragath trinket , 490 ilvl mythic raid azerite armors , people who have those stuff will always beat you.

Mythic key will give you 480 ilvl azerite armor. Mythic raid azerite armors are 490 ilvl… and mythic raid trinkets like claw hit people 140k damage.

So ilvl wont help you either.

Tonight I was with 4 gladiators on bgs from my community. Before bg I have addon I check enemy players. Enemy was full mythic raid clear guild. While our folk were gladiators with 474 ilvl.

One of those mythic raid guy was my battlenet. He told me no wonder you guys won with less damage. You are actual pvp players while we kill every stuff we see around.

These people had 490 ilvl azerite armors claw trinket.

Game is broken atm.

Also you will never cap your cloak resistance before expension finishes too.

Right now gear rules pvp.

I recommend grind mounts toys etc atm. And wait for SL.

4 Likes

PvP is a total clown fiesta at the moment and honestly I would just stay clear for the time being :frowning: well that’s my opinion anyway

1 Like

If you wanna have fun in pvp till prepatch, roll an alt and level through PvP.
All PvP brackets below 120 is great and fun and how we remember PvP was.

2 Likes

Not as horde as you lose 90% of them

2 Likes

I went 60% win other day solo on low level bgs while leveling allied races.

My highest BG char is 469, lowest around 400, I do fine. Would I do better with better gear? Shock horror, yes. Who cares?

pve is way more fun than pvp

1 Like

now if they remove clueless people from epic bgs
seriously i got in one ashran on my warrior
our team had atleast 3 people who knew their stuff(me one more dps and one healer)
the enemy healers were not interrupted
and some melee just wiped a few times and we lost

not mad about it just upset

If you cant do it properly ofc.

Some of my friends tell me how are you making pain to yourself with playing pvp on wow only. While everything is fine for me , and I win most 1500-28 etc scores on bg.

That’s why wow going for becoming pve game. People cant pvp.

1 Like

Bobby Kotick is making 40 Millions $$ a year but they cant fix or improve PVP

Imagine that boys… :joy: :rofl:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.