What have I paid for?

I pay/paid approx 65 dollars two times, for two half years of playing Wrath of the Lich King Classic and Hardcore classic (so I know they are on the same pay). But what about the newest wow, idk what its called, can I play that too on the same pay as Ive alreay paid Blizzard ? What about the Season of Discovery that comes this month ? What categories of pay’s are there ?

To play classic you pay a monthly sub. Classic includes: Era, Wrath, Season of Discovery in 2 weeks and Cataclysm next year. You don’t need to buy anything beyond paying a sub. The paid options are just additions like a mount or a level boost.

As for retail you need to buy an expansion every 2 years. Currently the war within also includes dragonflight so if you buy that you’d have the current and the expansion that releases a year from now as well.

1 Like

So there are only two different things to pay Blizzard when it comes to wow ? (that are not vanity/useless stuff)

As Alysea explained, you only need to pay a subscription to play any version of classic.

The upgrade packages we’ve had are only ever for extras, they aren’t required to play the game. You can see this with the latest cata package:-

Previous Classic upgrade packages:-

3 Likes

Classic only needs a subscription to play, for retail you need to buy the expansion to play the latest expansion.

Classic Wrath does not need anything extra, that’s just things like a mount and a character boost.

1 Like

Just to add to this, you can also get up and running in the modern version of the game already with just your existing subscription, and only the most recent content requires the expansion upgrade.

So depending on how far you’ve played in Wrath of the Lich King Classic some of it would be familiar but there is still a lot to do and see after that and before Dragonflight.

1 Like

So with my subscription I can play all the wow expansions in history EXCEPT for the last one ?

( And what is Public Test Realm (Classic Era) ? )

That seems kind of obvious but it’s a realm available to the public to test the upcoming features of Classic Era.

Yes.

1 Like

What does the name “Classic Era” include ?

Classic Era servers. Almost Vanilla but with a few changes.

1 Like