What headcanon do you wish was canon?

That races of Outland are either already zealots of A’dal and Bros team or that in their fear of this floating rock gettind destroyed attempt to forcibly portal themselves to Azeroth, thus causing a problem for Kirin Tor which catches any unauthorized teleportation from Outland-Azeroth link, which would for once explain why in wotlk Violet Hold we had arakkoa boss(Erekem).

To me it is oblivious that if you can take a shot between unstable floating continent in Nether full of arcane and fel while accompanied by chimes and shortages of food, or a war engulfed planet which still holds intact despite big titan sword inside of it, I’d be rather confident to take a planet which can still support the life rather than diminishing rock.

I am pretty sure this is actually canon. Various out-of-game media like books paints Azeroth as vastly larger than its in-game portrayal, and the fact that they had to shrink the game world to make it convenient for the player is probably obvious to everyone!

Just how much bigger Azeroth actually is is harder to define, though. It’s almost hard to imagine it being the size of Earth. Could you imagine it? It’d take weeks to travel from Stormwind to Goldshire!

4 Likes

It’s highly inconsistent between writers but it stands out to me how the trip from lake kumu’ya to warsong hold in the borean tundra is a day’s journey on wolfback when it takes all of ten seconds ingame.

Source: Garrosh’s leader story. I think…

The small road from Darkshire up the hill to the Mistmantle Manor is 3 miles long in lore according to the Dark Riders comic. Traveling across Feralas took almost a month in Traveler.

The world we see in game is canonically not to scale.

1 Like

his snippet in the adventure guide already tells you why he’s jailed in there (attempting to kill the council of 6), as to how he got there, well, yeah maybe how you described, maybe during the time of the dark portal, it’s hard to say really.

1 Like

True, we can only speculate about such things. Hence why there is headcanon.

That BfA is just a bad dream which we will all wake up from in 9.0.

5 Likes

Took the words right out of my mouth. After Pandaria we wake up in bed, it was all just a dream.

I distincly remeber a ancient tweet(Or interview) from many many ages ago that said that Azeroth would be around the same size of our moon… Or something… I’ll try and dig it up!

Same, man, same…

You just need to get into the spirit of things, Uruk my friend, and start killing the Alliance loads!

4 Likes

You wake up in a cart…in the mountains.

Suddenly, the Skyrim titlecard pops up on your screen.

3 Likes

Hey you, you’re finally awake.

3 Likes

I probably have a rival zepplin master out there…

1 Like

That Tyrande wasn’t as dumb as the last two expansions have made her seem.

“Hey Tyrande, these elves who have been institutionalized in Suramar for 10k years and had to survive by eating magic need our hel-”
"AH YES, LOOK HOW MAGIC DESTROYS SOCIETY. NOT LIKE WE HAVE MAGIC ANYWHERE ELSE IN ELF-KIND. THE DAMN FOOLS!"

“Look, Tyrande, we legit do not have troops to go reclaim Darkshore. If you give me some t-”
"SCREW YOU, MANDUIN. I’M GOING TO GET MORE OF THE 1% of MY RACE LEFT CHASING AN ANCIENT LEGEND THAT MIGHT KILL ME JUST TO FIGHT THE HORDE."

“Okay, so Malfurion’s gone off to fight Xavius and he’s clearly OP. He’ll be fiiiine. We need to make sure the nightmare isn’t spreading else-”
"WHERE IS MY BELOVEEEEEEEED?!"

“So Tyrande, your husband is pretty f’d up. How about you just take him to Teldrassil to where the nearest healers are and you can support your people while the-”
"TO STORMWIND. YEEEEEEET!"

“Well Tyrande, after 10k years Suramar is ready to fight the Legion with you once agai-”
"BEGONE MAGICELF WITCH. ELVES SHOULD NOT BE TAINTED BY ARCANA!"
“But you CLEARLY have mages in Teldrassil. And your druids use the Arcane! AND YOUR MOON GOD USES MAGI-”
"BEGONE PLEBEIAN!"

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A GOOD ORC-"
“But what about Brox?”
"B-BROXIGAR?! Flashbacks"

Also that Nathanos is really just putting up with Sylvanas. We kind of got that feel in his resurrection short story (name?) that he really didn’t want to deal with her advances. Despite the fact he’s so negatively fun to deal with during the War Campaign (“WHERE IS THE BODEEE?!”) I kind of want him to stick around and just be that Negative Nancy forever. Tell Sylvanas that if she wouldn’t champion her people like the old times, he would.

Also Saurfang gets to punch him again. Because YASE.

17 Likes

What headcanon i wish was canon is Outland still slowly crumbling away and that azuremyst isles is more established than a few mudhuts and dimensional ship wreckage.

12 Likes

Smh people posting in a thread about what you wish was canon only to moan about what they wish wasn’t. Pet peeves awaits you…

Anyway, I just wish that lots of the RPG book NPCs existed. It would be really cool to see the game just generally have a wider cast of semi-inportant characters.

15 Likes

I just want a prius, man.

I don’t believe you or Jalbert are allowed to drive

The lifespans from the RPG material. I know a lot of people use them as a default when there isn’t any clear info on the matter, but they technically aren’t canon.

1 Like

Draenei are Protoss, and Azeroth is just a prequel to Starcraft.

1 Like