What headcanon do you wish was canon?

In my headcanon, Paladins embrace increasingly radiant armour as a means to attract attention on the battlefield away from their allies. A sort of passive taunt if you will.

5 Likes

Probably mentioned this before, but Night elves gain the night warrior trait by drinking from the black moonwell at Bashal’aran.

• That’s the reason for why it was created during the ritual and why it is the most important and central point of the base.
  • Also a reason why the horde wants control of the area and why it is corrupted during horde occupation to hinder the night elves from gaining access to it and empower more troops.
  • It’s the reason why not all elves present have the trait, and maybe a reason for your elf character not wearing the mark if you don’t want to, but still want to be a part of the experience, since it is not forced upon you.
  • Using a moonwell and it’s powers comes natural for night elves and would be used almost routinely during battles. Hence why almost everyone wears the mark while “fighting in proximity of Darkshore” since it is the only moonwell around.
  • Once you developed the dark eyes its mark remains even if leaving the area. Drinking from a pure moonwell (maybe even with the help of a cleansing ritual preformed by a priestess) you are able to “clean” yourself of it’s appearance.
2 Likes

That all Horde paladins are nothing but frauds using batteries.

2 Likes

Ah, I just remembered a good one!

Nathanos was killed by Tyrande and Malfurion during the Night Warrior scenario, one of the Valkyries rezzes him, killing herself, and the other one helps him escape.

Made the Elves look a million times more competent, with the same outcome. Cool.

4 Likes

That me and Vixí are married.

1 Like

That HM face paint color indicates the tribe they are from.

4 Likes

None of this is really headcanon, but I think the other thread was locked. But this is just stuff I would change:

• Teron Gorefiend rejoined the Horde after briefly helping Illidan try to stop the Burning Legion and led the Death Knight order Horde side. He would then go on to be incredibly useful during the war of the Lich King, going back to Draenor and knowing how to fight Gul’dan in the invasion of the Legion.

• Ner’zhul was still the dominant force of the Lich King and Arthas was the prisoner. I want to keep to that original lore that his soul was taken from him, and he is freed in the end as a tragic hero who was holding back Ner’zhul from going full nuke.

• The Lich King and the Scourge wanted to destroy the Burning Legion and the Old Gods but did very evil things to go about it. Maybe Ner’zhul wanted to become the true God of Death Nagash style as well.

• When the Lich King was defeated, they couldn’t fully destroy him without unleashing the entire undead. Ner’zhul is rebound to the chair in ice, Arthas is buried, queue the Lich King realising he doesn’t really need to wipe out the world to achieve his plans of stopping the Burning Legion and has a change of heart / deal arranged with Tirion etc. NO BOLVAR.

• The entirety of WoD was about the timeline being polluted and was destroying the present world rather than alternative reality. Bronze Dragonflight tasks us with sending a crack elite team to stop Garrosh redeeming the Orcs and changing history in the present. Ner’zhul is leading the Horde, the Draenei have a truce etc – it all falls apart when we enter the timeline and bring out Horde vs Alliance squabbling with us, showing the first signs of the Bronze Dragonflight going crazy and realising mortals cannot be trusted with timey wimey. In the end after all the chaos we activate some hard reset that restores history.

• The Mag’har allied race are from Outland, not another universe timeline. We explore Outland and the Mag’har since the Burning Crusade expansion and what clans are left, their legacy and how the death of Garrosh has affected them and their position in the Horde. Maybe they temporarily left after their warchief was killed.

• The Horde counter stole Iron Horde technology Garrosh took from the Goblins during MoP much to the anger of the Bronze Dragons. Big technological boom from the Horde who have theoretically cheated an arms race by time-skipping the research the WoD Iron Horde did.

• There are no space ships. People can realm teleport if they really want like the Dark Portal, but there are no ships in space.

8 Likes

There will be no warcraft 4 unless WoW is dead.
You’ll have Warcraft reforged instead.

Here’s a little head canon story for ya!

In the aftermath of the third war a trend of what would be known as “alternative druidism” suddenly sparked among a younger generation of night elves. With their loss of immortality and the majority of the druid population returning to the the waking world, a large group of novices fell into childish disagreement with the leading elders, afraid that they might not have the time to learn druidism the old way any more.

Inspired by some charismatic individuals a growing number of study groups traveled to the eastern kingdoms trying to discover new ways of druidism, free from teachers and elders. They began taking up camp in various glades and groves across human and dwarf kingdoms, but without leadership and proper teachings their practices began to grow sloppy and skew. Collectively the groups developed a very bohemian lifestyle focusing on peace, herbs and the rights of trees and animals. They would come to start harassing local farms and lumber mills, as well as actual traveling druids, with loud “peaceful” protests and vandalism to a point where they would be considered pests by the locals population.

These practices came to an rather abrupt end after a fiasco of a protest that occurred outside of Stormwind some time during the year of that confined the events of TBC. The large collected community had gathered outside the gates when a representative of the Cenarion Circle was summoned, scolding the amateurs for their behaviors with a awe inspiring speech and a lesson in real druidism. Following this, most of these failed druids traveled back to Kalimdor (Mindare here included) to receive proper education. Despite all this, some of these individuals managed to spread their believes to a smaller group within the Cenarion Cirle. This group would later be called D.E.H.T.A.

The end.

7 Likes

I still like my idea, hinted at in questing, of how Nazmir was once THE troll civilization built atop and around the first great pyramid seal to contain G’huun. Trolls, wherever they originally came from (zandalari have suspiciously rocky growths for allegedly naturally occuring races) built their entire culture on the sacred duty of the Watchers, recognising the sanctity of the pyramids (by ancient hardwired coding as protective constructs?) and emulating the Watchers’ garb and angular titan aesthetics as their own.

Over many generations, this idea of sacred stewardship and reverence for local spirit beasts grew into the culture of being the greatest of all races and their elaborate loa cultism. Thus the trolls built pyramids of their own, diminishing the relevance of the big three, and with the rise of the first kings the last vestige of being divinely guided guardians fell away in favour of dynastic politics and the elevation of a divinely empowered monarchy.

Nazmir’s seal was the first to break by corruption and neglect and the local death cult of Bwonsamdi warped into the blood cult of G’huun. The great stone cities of Nazmir fell into disrepair and were soon reclaimed by the jungle as the new blood trolls built their own camps from flesh and bones.

The new seat of kings at Zuldazar continued to thrive and the fall of The First City in Nazmir was regarded not a sign of failure but, in true zandalari pride, a sign that Dazar’s dynasty were the true and blessed rulers of the chosen people of the gods. To the Zandalari, the blood trolls are proof that the eldest priesthood was corrupt and lost the blessed guidance and divine sanction that made the trolls great. In no way did the kings of zuldazar neglect their sacred charge and let the seals binding G’huun wither. In fact, they collectively forgot the purpose of the pyramids and their great seals as anything beyond great edifices that their ancestors built.

3 Likes

I wish more characters did bad things for good reasons, instead of it constantly being the Old Gods or the Legion or dragons tricking people.

Defias tricked out of their money? Dragon influence.
Garrosh goes crazy? Old gods, maybe.
Deathwing becomes evil? Old gods.
Half the Eredar become unabashedly evil? Sargeras and Fel corruption.

Most of the times characters doing something evil ends up just them being one-dimensionally evil. That’s fine for minor villains or force of nature villains like Sargeras; but it would be interesting to see characters doing bad things with motivations that make sense at least to them.

The closest we’ve seen to this was Garrosh, and even he was kinda-sorta evil-ish to begin with; and there may have been some Old God influence there too.
Van Cleef in classic Deadmines was a cool setup too, but that turned out to be “because evil dragon” too, so of course the King did nothing wrong.
And of course now they’re kinda trying with Sylvanas, but she really just seems unabashedly evil to me at this point; it’d be so much more interesting if she had good, well expressed reasons for doing what she does; even better if the Horde actually see and agree with those reasons, which of course makes the Alliance horrified… leading to an actual interesting conflict, not just “good guys in shiny armor vs. evil genocide witch in all black”.

7 Likes

Perhaps not the best headcanon I’ve had, but it is still something that hangs with me and makes me wish it as part of the lore.

The idea of that you can overdose from potions.
So if someone constantly gets hurt and just chugs those delicious health potions will die sooner or later due to organ failure or something alike.
Perhaps one could also grow resistant to potions? If one uses a single type a lot, suddenly the person needs to drink more and more, or even higher concentration to have a proper effect because the body starts to work against this liquid that tries to alter the body.

3 Likes

I mean most potions have a cooldown. So maybe…

Ghoul Bombs.

If a Death Knight is able to do damage via Corpse Explosion on mobs in an AoE. Then why not think it up IC that a DK’s Ghoul can be used by said DK as a walking bone shrapnel bomb?

3 Likes

the warlock ritual of doom genuinely does kill one of its participants.

i know it was added for class flavour and such, but my headcannon was that one person genuinely died from the ritual, so it would’ve always had been carried out by acolytes or low levelled/less experience warlocks with an ‘overseer’ warlock using enslavement on the summoned demon.

“a sacrifice for the greater good” kinda thing.

I totally agree. A well written villian is someone you can relate to.

I have a few.

1. That void elves wouldn’t be so much glanced over. It feels to me like void elves are treated like “just another race”. In my headcanon, they are one of the strongest and also most dangerous race that exists. Void and Light are two one of the most powerful things within the Warcraft universe. The light can burn and such, but it can’t destroy your mind. Void elves wield an incredible dangerous power and should be treated similar like demon hunters and death knights. Though on the scale of “how dangerous” they are I would put them onpar with demon hunters. Not because of their intense training or so, but mainly because if they can wield a spell that attacks the soul / mind, you will have huge issues. Imagine any mage/fighter/whatever against a void elf who can wield void magic. We learned in the past that just a gaze at an old god can drive a mortal insane. You now have a being infront of you who has this very essence within their body + their usual abilities. The body may heal, but the soul might never. They are also the only example of void not driving someone entirely insane to the degree of wanting to kill everyone. This is super much glanced over.

2. On that topic my headcanon is that any spells / attacks that affect the mind are way more dangerous than any that affect the body. Sure, you can break someones arm. Sure, you can rip their head off and so forth. Though being someone who struggles with depression IRL, I know how bad mental pain is. Now imagine a guy who wields a spell/sword who cuts right into your emotional feelings. Or worse, drives you mad. Causing you to kill your allies because of whispers.

3. Highmountain Tauren are blessed by Cenarius himself. Remember the last thing that had that blessing? It was the axe of Broxxigar. That one orc known to cut through demons with that axe like butter. So my headcanon is that I am 6000% sure the tauren of highmountain are way stronger (in nature magic too) than your average tauren.

4. Lightforged draenei and void elves are best friends in my headcanon. Both understand the need for the other to understand “their enemy”. Both races also happen to be pretty elite and militarized. The lightforged draenei even more. So they should clearly understand the need of the void elves. “Know your enemy”.

5. The night warrior thing has some hella bad consequences. Which will only show over time. Maybe they will be driven to insanity and it’s only a temporary boost in power.

6. Gilneas still has people living there. Just like Chernobyl IRL. Some who refuse to leave / returned there because they are too old or just too stubborn.

6 Likes

This is a thing in Witcher 3, you have a toxic level.

Maybe the same could be in WoW.

that undead cannot be lightforged

but alas, here we are, living a paradox and for what? a possible dumb gimmick to make a single character stand out.

“Life is the light and the light is life itself. They may be exchanged but nothing is ever lost.”

Oh Velen you crazy old coot…