What headcanon do you wish was canon?

*accent* In the Light, all things are possible!

On a related note, is that one Nathrezim dude on the Vindicaar a demon, or a non-demon Nathrezim? He’s literally never explained or even introduced in the game, so I assume he’s from a novel or something. Because if he is a demon… lightforged demons?

Lorthraxion is part of a novel, but is also introduced in legion through the paladin order hall, not through Argus

Do not remember if the order hall explains his lore or not though!

He was also originally a Nathrezim, like the Lightforged, he was infused with the light’s power.

I go away for a couple of days and find this?!

1 Like

Mazel tov?

My personal headcanon is that the main language of the Scourge(and thus the Cult of the Damned and the Ebon Blade Death Knights) is Nerubian. They all learned this(Or it got imprinted on them by the ones who raised them) to make sure no-one could listen in on their conversations during meetings or anywhere else.

The reason why the Forsaken made “Gutterspeak” their own main language is becsuse they wanted to distance themselves as far as possible from the Cult of the Damned and the mindless Scourge, but they can still speak and understand it, making them more then capable of gathering intelligence from the Cult of the Damned (remnants)!

It’s really annoying that people keep spreading this idea of Calia being Lightforged.

She wasn’t. Read the book.

1 Like

It is not Nerubian, but in fact the so-called “Language of death” that all Scourge members and Cult of the Damn members know.

Sources are the following quests: “The Flesh-Bound Tome”, “A Righteous Sermon”, “The Hunt is on”.

2 Likes

Ohw thats new for me! Then I change my headcanon abit that the Language of Death is Nerubian! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It probably is (or something similar) - it would make sense for a secretive cult to use a language that basically nobody outside of Northrend would ever know, and there’s often mention of people having to put specific effort in to translating it.

Gutterspeak is essentially a thieves’ cant, a mixture of Common and several other languages which the Forsaken adopted.

Makes sense that the scourge would have their own language, aye. Ebon Blade too, otherwise how would so many races communicate?

It’s called the Language of Death, yes.

Edit: oh wait, sorry i just noticed it has been mentioned above.

2 Likes

If she is a light infused undead, she might as well be lightforged
if she isn’t, fine but I still don’t fancy the concept of a walking paradox that would be the holy undead.

1 Like

Stormwind Nightelf Park to be a thing…

2 Likes

I miss the massive moonwell.

2 Likes

What?! :<

It’s just a headcanon I want to be canon!

1 Like

Also not what she is.

Read the book.

I’m pretty sure humanoids can’t pronounce Nerubian. You need something to make clicks and chitters with.

I do wish DKs would get their own language. And Warlocks should be able to speak Demonic. Elemental for Shaman, etc.

Those really should exist, you can’t just have people summon demons and throwing Chaosbolts which will eventually corrupt and kill the land nilly willy.

Kalimag is the language of Elementals(with all 4 having distinct thingies in it)! Als through magic, everything is is possible!

Shado-Pan are extremely harsh. Pandaren law allows a lot of wiggle room in how to apply sentences, which usually means that civil courts tend to err on the side of mercy. For example, even murder will simply give you prison. Only those who are too dangerous or difficult to keep imprisoned will be sentenced to death instead, and it is almost unheard of for it to happen to a native.

The Shado-Pan, on the other hand, are brutal - simple theft can cost you a hand. This is not necessarily due to them being personally brutal, however. Rather, it is a consequence of local village guards and mayors being able to handle simple matters on their own. Only when matters get serious, or dangerous, are the Shado-Pan summoned - and then they act decisively.

2 Likes