What i would like to see after Wednesday (Bg queues)

Hey!
First of all i think we can all agree that the “hotfix” for the battleground’s queues, by giving Horde players the ability to queue against other Horde players, was a success if you consider that the number of games played during this weekend was increased by quite a bit.

Still, i dont believe it’s the best overall solution or fix for the game.

While the main issue was addressed (horde players not being able to participate in pvp in order to gear for arena) it will create problems overtime and neglects the alliance problems that come from population imbalance in pvp servers.

Yes, because if not being able to partake in battlegrounds in order to do arenas ain’t fun, not being able to farm gold in the outworld or find groups for pve content or even not being able to get a 3s/5s arena team ain’t fun either.

The problem, contrary to what most alliance players think, are not the racials. A good example of this was the amount of time that people took back in original wotlk, cata and even mop to swap from Horde to Alliance. Every Man for Himself was probably the most broken (and probably the only racial that was really broken) the game has ever seen in pvp and still back in the day people took years to transition from horde to alliance and they only really did it when leveling was fast and still kept horde characters.

The true problem are the aesthetics of the races themselves which, for some reason, makes pvp players gravitate towards playing Horde therefor creating an cascading effect where their friends will follow (in order to play together).

Lets be true here, most alliance players actively avoid any type of pvp and that is the main issue. If you look at most statistics available (which ain’t 100% correct but can give you a notion) you will see the population imbalances are not as big as people make it seem on the forums, the disparity only really begins when you take pvp into consideration and there i would say the numbers should resemble around 80% horde and 20% alliance.

Yes, alliance players have options while horde players cant really get faster queues regardless of what server they pick.
Yes, battleground queues create imbalances in arena and make people actively avoid arenas .
Yes, people should be able to get in a battleground in a timely manner
No, faster bg queues shouldn’t be an alliance “perk”
No, horde racials are not better than alliance ones in arena. All of them are situational which makes them better in certain situations. Usually (in a rogue heavy meta) alliance racials are actually better.
No, horde vs horde shouldnt be THE fix. It was a good hotfix but we need to think about a better fix that doesn’t undermine alliance population and creates a bigger disparity.
So no, don’t expect people to relevel or reroll with a boost after putting hours into their characters, that is not realistic and it never happened back in the day either.

So after a wall of text i think blizzard has only one real option that dont directly affect the game or how it was played and would keep the “classic” feeling.

Horde to Alliance faction change
A simple fix. You would remove the current fix but open horde to alliance transfers. This would give an infusion of pvp players to alliance, would balance the factions from a pvp pov and wouldnt change the game in a way racial balance would.
Now this brings some problems to horde players like leaving guilds and potentially even leaving friends that focus on pve and don’t really pvp but i truly believe horde players can’t just ask, they need to give and in someway sacrifice.
Not gonna lie, i think me and most of my friends would insta swap because honor gear is relevant in the whole expac.

All of that said, i also hope honor gains get increased. I might be remembering it wrong but even with faster queues as a horde player something feels off. I do remember being able to fully gear in 2 weeks and at the pace im going (even with faster queues) something feels really off.

TLDR
H vs H is a great band aid but can’t be THE fix.
Faction change is a superior way to fix the current problem and will mitigate another issue (faction population).

What i do hope is people to chill and come with interesting ideias, maybe even better ones that the one i gave, and guys… it’s all about everyone having fun, regardless of faction so chill.

8 Likes

…What was most evident from all of your feedback was: players want to continue to play on their chosen side of the faction conflict, players don’t want to wait in long queues for BGs…

How much longer are you going to be in denial about this? HvH is here to stay, and faction changes are not happening. Deal with it like an adult instead of pouting like a child. It’s frankly embarrassing to read.

1 Like

im actually horde, im loving the H vs H just because of the queues, still it’s not the best fix.
If you think that is childish then go ahead but you are so dumb its cringeworthy.

7 Likes

Imagine calling someone child after weeks of crying for change wich hurts the game

3 Likes

While he’s wrong about racials not being a factor on decisions of faction choices at the start of the expansion and wow classic and also that alliance on PvP servers don’t like to PvP because they would have just rolled pve from the outset if they didn’t.

he’s right right about the imbalance problem this change will no doubt have serious negative consequences for faction balance on servers. I agree queue times shouldn’t be the reason to roll Alliance but there shouldn’t be more reason to roll horde and it’s not aesthetics that cause a 20% population difference.

This is not an easy problem to solve as you need more people on alliance and less on horde faction transfers would be a start.

Breaking faction balance is success I agree

2 Likes

and all you needed to do is read 2 lines.
one of them being in bold.

Didn’t read after you wrote that balance is not a problem based on pve statistics

Every Man for Himself was the most broken racial the game has ever seen and people didn’t swap.
While some might go for racials that is not true for most players.

Then maybe refrain from commenting.
You are the type of player that is so dumb he should just smile and wave on the forums.

Likeminded players want to have the option to play TOGETHER. To achieve this in WoW for ANY content, they need to be on the same faction. If you are interested in PvP, you will want to join the faction where most PvPers are. You will certainly not join the faction that has a reputation of avoiding PvP. Why would you?

Problem cannot be solved. It is intrinsic to a faction-based game which also tries to use these factions for PvP. The HvH BGs will stay, Horde players are not going to allow any other solution to happen. Alliance population on PvP (and also PvE) realms will continue to shrink, just like it did for 15 years of retail.

Back in 2005 Vanilla got away with the horrible faction-system because Alliance was the more popular faction. This changed in TBC because of Blood Elves. Ever since Belves took over the red faction, the game was just over. When Classic launched, everybody knew the Alliance was going to die off eventually and already carried the mark of ridicule branded by Blizzard.

I would like to be more positive ragrding other solutions, but 16 years of experience with Blizzad and later Activision handling this game has left me somewhat more grounded in my expectations.

1 Like

Suffer and try to survive, while being responsible for your choise?
No, I want to be like a spoiled Horde kid in single child family. I want it all and now!

1 Like

Faction change would be the best solution to the problem but even if we had it, the majority of PVPers would not use it. Only the most sweaty top 5% gamers and some of the lower rated PvP-only players probably would swap ally, but most people would not leave their guilds and friends just due to instant ques. Thus in the end it wouldn’t solve it. Sure, the ques might drop from 1hour to 30-40mins but it will never go to 20mins or lower with only a faction change available.

Yes faction change is somewhat good solution, but it would create a lot problems for a lot of people. For example, id take dwarf racials every day of the week over troll ones in pvp, BUT I dont want to discard my friends and just change faction alone. And no, I cannot mind control my friends to join alliance if faction change was implemented, unfortunately. I really doubt people will be rerolling in masses just because they feel like horde has superior racials, after all in WOTLK things will be different as humans are superior race in pvp.

However, faction change was implemented in WOTLK, so there is some basis in adding it now, but I really dont want to choose between being able to do bgs or being able to play with my friends.

Not true loads of people did swap I saw so many players re-roll from horde to alliance in wotlk because the racial was busted that trend continued until WoD when they introduced Merc mode they tried to nerf emfh multiple times to try stem the faction Imbalance

Pve players would stay horde as the horde racials performed better that is why the faction was not completely abandoned as that racial has very limited pve use.

I remember posting on this board back when Thundgodt, Vaneras and Crezax were active and posting.

That’s a really long time.

I do not recall in all my years seeing a most ridiculously biased and delusional post than this.

Classic WOW is not a hack-n-slash ARPG where you just change things and done. You horde PVP whiners just dont get that, dont you? Its not ment to be something like Diablo or POE. Its a game with lore with a working fanatasy world and faction balance storyline. And you just just put your dirty retail-like finger in it and wanna “repair” it because “QQ… we cant play instantly BGs, QQ… please Blizzard repair it”. THIS is a kido behavior and it destroys the game completly because of some instant wannabe-meta-monkeys dont want to wait… Well done! /applaud

If this is the player base that Blizzard cares most about then im done and out because its gonna be even worse in the future. THATS the most important information that Blizz gave us with this “solution”.

3 Likes

If you think will of the forsaken is even close to every man for himself you are the delusional one my friend.
Also you as a human rogue should actually not even talk when perception + paranoia+ jc trinket + boots allows you to see enemy rogues before they even queue.
But i guess we gotta wait for the tournament so all of you pro forum gladiators change your mind.

Well i clearly remember the top 5 guilds in the world in terms of pvp being horde still in wotlk so.
All you need to do is go back and check warcraft movies made by snutz, reckful and others… horde still dominated pvp.

Please, the main focus are not the racials lets not talk about that. Cause you will lose the argument just on the base that both of you are wrong.
I was in one of the top guilds back then ( More cowbell, where bloodx, exerion, minpojke and others were). No one ever talked about going alliance. People like to play with good players and friends, that is it.

Edit:
Even during Cata. A guy called Drake came back and invited the best players to go to Aggramar (if not mistaken) … Horde side.

just ignore the guy.

Funny, my browser shows the forum full of ally PVP whiners. Are you on internet explorer?