What if RWF is completed before EU reset arrives?

More of a turn of phrase honesty. I mean political loosely in this sense. Just one guild versus another guild.

In games I’ve come from, such confrontations and rivalries are called server politics.

1 Like

This plus it’s a race that’s also influenced by RNG (item drops)

Call me crazy but RWF should start on a separate server, so everyone can start at the exact same time and with already preset gear or max gear without any further drops.
Or just let them purchase the gear from a vendor for free so they can itemize their characters as they see fit but just eliminate the RNG of it.

2 Likes

That’s quite the wishlist of I want it now. Everyone would play on those servers just for eliminating the RNG.

No, because those servers would obviously also follow the same rules as PvP tournament servers back in the day (or similar).
Meaning that those servers would only be available for a limited amount of time during the race. After that, they’re gone.

They could also make it limited access to people who need to sign up for RWF.

Besides, aren’t there also separate special servers for MDI?

Why would they?

I honestly doubt that even the potentially affected guilds care much, as long as their sponsors keep sponsoring them. Don’t forget, it’s not really a game to them…it’s a business-model.

It really doesn’t matter. Nobody cares about RWF…

And it is definitely not a money maker for Blizzard. LOL

1 Like

Yes, that is the best solution, if they want RWF to be an esports competition.

There should be separate tournament server for RWF.

• The raid goes live at the same for everyone.
  • Everyone has the same item level, same pool of gear to choose from. (same as MDI)
  • No addons allowed

This will eliminate all the unfair advantage, cheats or other problems (gear trading, split farm, raid tool, weakaura, scripts, etc.)

Unless it is done like that, RWF is never a meaningful competition.

2 Likes

At this point I honestly, whole heartedly, sincerely, could not care less what happens in RWF or how many hours/days/weeks it takes to complete.

omg Annaconda, how could you say such a thing! Those who live for RWF are going to be so offended!!

I hope it last at least 2 months, so the pros and sponsors actually spend some effort on it.

Something about time zones and how it would be unfair if some region had to wake up at 02:00 in the morning, something like that I think.

but is it more fair than giving some regions multiple days advantagE? Isn’t taiwan like 3 days behind?

also - afaik those RWF still wake up like 5 am to start splits or runs or whatever soooooo

The raid opens after the relevant maintenance window, nothing more nothing less. The fact it offers an advantage or disadvantage during RWF is of no consequence to Blizzard, as as I said, they have no official position regarding the RWF.

Posting a web article about it doesn’t mean it’s part of the competitive WoW scene in the same way as Blizzard’s actual events are

I will admit I didn’t know that East Asia didn’t follow the schedule, I thought they were on the same global release schedule as US and Europe.

Fair. Just tierd ofbthis bs tbf

Hey OP, soo you gonna stop watching Liquid now also, since they’ve tried to cheat with a bugged Mage talent, to try to kill Nexus Princess?

But they’re still so bad they can’t do it even with the bug? :)))))))

The game was never built with this race in mind and the fact that Blizzard tries to make it work is hilarious to me.

As usual it’s a total clown fiesta.

I understand why people wanna do it of course - it’s a competitive spirit from very good players. But it just doesn’t work very well…

Yeah I turned it off a few hours ago :stuck_out_tongue:

Relaxing with some youtube of GTARP stuff, while my family are fast asleep and it’s just peace & quiet here atm :smiley:

Players hoping this time around, the raid tier won’t be buggy / cheatable: coping hard

Meanwhile, the actual race: It was a s**tshow, obviously! :smiley:

People also forget that when NA gets enter in raid enters in buggy raid being live tested, and streaming actual fights so Eu can see from first hand. Is not first time Echo take Liquid strat made improvments and kill boss.