What if Sylvanas is the Avatar of Elune?

Sylvanas’ eyes and Tyrande’s de-night warrior’d eyes are both blue.

So, ignoring the whole high elf thing for a second.

WHAT IF Sylvanas is the avatar of Elune?

Right, imagine you’re on the writing team for a second.

You need to explain why Elune is so useless.

You want Sylvanas to still be part of the story and relevant somehow.

Simple solution: Sylvanas is the avatar of Elune. Elune made her shortly before disappearing, being chased by Zoval, which is why the Winter Queen thought she was gone. Zoval discovers this and works to manipulate and use Sylvanas to damage Elune’s power, having her destroy a major population centre of Elune worshippers. Which in turn makes Tyrande go full night warrior, which saps more power from Elune. He does this so he can track Elune down and slay her, stealing her power for himself and allowing him to unmake the world.

Maybe this is far fetched, but look at what Blizzard has done these last few expansions and tell me this isn’t at least a possibility.

I think with what Blizz has done, you can have Topper Mcnabb in Stormwind suddenly stand up one day, casually go to Stormwind Keep to sit on the throne to do a debut reveal that he is actually King Llane Wrynn in reality and that his death was a fabricated fake is a possibility.

This vagueness and direction serves so few…

As for if Sylvanas is the avatar of Elune? ugh, why not. Might as well make Nathanos as the avatar of Malorne too on top of it why don’t they.

1 Like

Well that certainly is interesting, which is why I think it won’t happen.

Can’t have deep story like that happening in this game. It’s pretty straight forward I’m afraid.

The whole story about Elune has certainly been, confusing.

The Night Elf history presents her as a good goddess, or at least a deity that has watched over them and helped them for thousands of years.

Shadowlands shows a face of Elune that we haven’t known so far. The vengeful goddess who will empower her champions to resolve certain plots of cosmic dimension, leading to their inevitable demise.

Then we have the same Elune allowing a terrible tragedy to befall her people who have been worshiping all along aaand above everything else, deny their vengeance AFTER empowering their champion for that exact same purpose.

I think your theory is not as far fetched as it sounds, although maybe not exactly the same.

In the center of all these events there is one person: Sylvanas.

Sylvanas is directly responsible for everything that happened, yes with some borrowed power of her own.

There’s 3 scenarios in my mind right now, some less likely than others:

1. Elune is a cruel goddess who is in some kind of nasty plot and needs Zovaal to succeed. Arguments: allows Sylvanas to burn Teldrassil, denies Tyrande her kill. Highly unlikely that’s the case though. It is inconsistent with the established lore and with the latest Sylvanas revelations, it doesn’t look anyone but the Jailer himself wants to see such a cataclysmic event as wiping the Universe take place. Elune wouldn’t gain anything out of it.

2. Elune is incapacitated in some form. She couldn’t save her people and she couldn’t help Tyrande end Sylvanas. Unlikely but possible. Still don’t think it’s the right theory as Elune’s power conveniently fades when Sylvanas is about to die but returns to Tyrande right after the fight is over. Elune seems to have control over her powers.

3. The last theory that I have is that Elune has complete control over her power but is in trouble in some way. Arguments in favor of this theory: we know that Elune puts the elves to sleep during Teldrassil events and if I’m not wrong, prevents Saurfang from killing Malfurion (might be wrong on this one). Elune has control over her Night Warrior and furthermore, we have datamined info that Elune will eventually set Tyrande free. Not killing Sylvanas means that she has further plans with her and that she’s the key in defeating Zovaal and restoring cosmic order.

Wow that would really be an epic plot twist, I look forward to the next mind-blowing revelation the writing team has in store :clown_face:

2 Likes

I think this only works if Sylvanas was looking to piss off every Night Elf player.

what if elune =zovaal? :smiley:

he just tested other people for being his avatar.he made a lot of night warriors and all of them died except tyrande. and after these tests his new vessel is anduin :smiley:

if sylv is elune its a small step for a maw walker

Elune like any D&D deity needs worship to continue existing but as Sylvanas, desires nothing but the peace of death in her cursed state. So she destroys Teldrassil, the major inhabitated region of her worshipers on Azeroth, killing off her own religion.

Brilliant.

1 Like

No, No, not Brilliant…

Just another incomprehensible move of her 10329482 dimensional mind.

2 Likes

Elune = Tyrande

Plot twist

1 Like

What if Sylvanas is just nobody, and that nobody just got level up because Steve is her fan?
As for Elune, I’ll bet there is 2 Elunes. The dark one and the good one. Dark one will be final boss in 10.3.

1 Like

What if it turns out SYlvanas is realy a man in discaise ? :rofl:

1 Like

All these ‘What ifs…’ of Sylvanas is making me tickle.

Please keep going.

1 Like

elune is zovaals ex gf . they were happy couple once . then covenant leaders wanted to be bosses of shadowlands.

zovaal was judging souls before arbiter. he was good employer. but with love of elune he realised this is not right.There was a lot of covenants. But they started to shut down one by one. zovaal just realized eternal ones just wants absorb all of anima for power. But Zovaal only wanted souls must live free in their selected zone. (there must be orc / troll/ arakkoa/ lands in shadowlands)

And Zovaal said "no more!"  to  eternal ones.  And betrayer eternal ones banished him to maw and chained to there.And Primus took his essence and created robotic arbiter.

Elune was at reality world. She was trying escape from shadowlands. And because of that she always practiced that. When she came back to shadowlands she realized her love banished by betrayers.

Eternal ones wanted banish her too but with that pain and loss she broke the veil and went to reality  completely.

But reality is not fits her. Her body started to dissolve. And she created shell for protect her body .And she searched all universe for the way of save her lover.

After a long time Zovaal and Elune communicated again. They started a plan.Zovaal must escape from Maw but he needed a champion.

When Elune found a world and species she communicate with them and earned their worship. She gave her wrath to a lot of hero but they didnt survive. Elune travelled universe and seen a lot of things. Absorbed shadow/void from parasites of planets. And she created naaru for search universe for greater power so she can absorb it.

After a long time her naaru found Azeroth. She came observed. First she absorbed essence of Y’sharaj. Titans just left the planet. It was good timing. And the arcane well middle of the planet was perfect power absorbing spot for her.

But she realized planet needs protection . But she couldnt act in reality. Only spiritual acts she can. So she approached dark trolls and led them to well of eternity. After a while they turned to Night Elves. Elune sent Cenarius to them as a teacher so they can be smarter and stronger.

When Zovaal and Elune talking  , Zovaal said " You must keep spirits at that planet. I m free from chains but they don't know. I allied with Sire Denathrius.Demons attacked to Shadowlands . We can learn changing realities from them.So Sire's agents started work with them.  Soon demons will come to Azeroth. But don't forget . We need to break Arbiter and my champion."

Burning Legion came to Azeroth. A lot of night elf and troll died in war. But Elune kept nelf spirits. And Mueh’zala kept spirits of trolls. Because he allied with Zovaal too .

After years Zovaal realized they need a gate for travel reality. So he built torgast. And by agents and lich king he ordered build icecrown citadel at tightest spot in reality. After war lich king kept thousands of souls at azeroth. but Zovaal transferred some souls taken by Frostmourne to maw. But thats not enough.He realized they need to broke the arbiter.

After jumping from ICC Sylvanas went to Ravendreth. Sire knew her potential because of Varimathras. So he sent her soul to maw for meet with Zovaal. Zovaal knew her too because of Lich King. They made a agreement about breaking cycle and told her secrets of Helm of Domination and Zovaal gave her 9 valkyries for help and communicate.

After legion comes again Sylvanas made a pact with Helya. But Genn ruined it. Nathreizm learnt a lot of things from demons and reported to Sire. Time has come. And finally they found the way of breaking arbiter.

After Xavius corrupted Ysera. Tyrande and adventurers killed her.Tyrande is one of best candidate for being Zovaal’s champion. Elune took Ysera’s spirit and absorbed her corrupt too. Then sent her soul to arbiter.

Arbiter stopped working after crashing with corruption and Zovaal’s will managed sent all newcoming souls to maw directly. Now Zovaal needed more anima from souls. So Sylvanas started a war and genocided night elves. Elune absorbed and sent most of souls to her lover. And gave her power to Tyrande.

After Sargeras stabbed Azeroth , Elune absorbed more power from her. Elune almost consumed most of soul of Azeroth. Eternal one and titan soul is merging. It can be very powerful being in universe.

At BFA Elune chosen four candidate for champion of Zovaal. But when they kidnapped to maw Zovaal realized Thrall ,Jaina and Baine is not enough. So he chosen Anduin. After tests by years Elune shown Zovaal how to give his powers to his champion. Zovaal succesfully gave his powers to Sylvanas. And now he wanted to give his powers to Anduin. But Anduin didn’t want.So Zovaal dominated him and gave his powers.

And now we can see he took what he wanted. Is he going to sepulcher? For kill and absorb first ones powers? Or going to his lover Elune. So when they meet Elune will be light and Zovaal will be void. And they will re-create universe.

u need to be “worthy” to can use powers of the first once …

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.