What is the purpose of the GMs now?

Ok so just to see if this was possible I asked support to do a mass character restoration, I was of course responded with it not being possible, although I am pretty sure this did not used to be the case.

With such a basic task being not something a GM can help with, it got me thinking, what exactly can the GMs do other than unstuck people who “accidentally” fall out of bounds forever or send copy and paste replies directing players to a robot?

And yes, i know it was a copy and paste because I kinda put 2 tickets up and got the exact same message in the initial replies.

I can only speculate that activision has pruned them in order to have an excuse to close certain offices etc.

1 Like

Actually it is possible to mass restore characters, according to the GM policy but only if this was due for example a hack and it not being the player’s fault. Since the Character Undelete feature though, there’s no exception but that one.

Upon which all characters and their items will be restored, if the deletion in question was too long ago however and restoration of gear is not possible then: A token amount of gear, consumables (?) and gold will be granted to jumpstart your toons.

If this deletion was by your own action, not the result of a verifiable hack or Blizzard’s fault then mass restoration is not granted. You will have to use the manual undelete character option ingame and wait every cooldown as is intended.

This cooldown has also been reduced a couple times globally, which is now at 7 days each time you use it. This is also due player feedback from using the character undelete feature.

It’s not their job to undo your mistakes. You can restore them at one a week.

This is why you don’t delete everything when you get mad.

3 Likes

You still don’t understand the purpose of that do you.

Unless you were hacked and the hackers deleted your stuff…

Character restore is not to be used as additional character slots.

1 Like

Purpose of what exactly?

You mean people doing stupid things or not paying attention when they buy something and expecting GMs to fix it all? Note: I am not calling the OP stupid.

Peoples choices need to have consequences, and they need to understand this.

You are distracting yourself from the actual point of the post by only refering to the example given, if this was to complain about characters not being restored then i would have simply put that into a direct thread, that should be quite clear.

1 Like

So… good job on not actually marking anything to do with this topic as a solution, my thread was quite clear, I am asking what exactly the GMs even do now, not wether characters can be restored.

See, this is exactly what I am talking about…

Oh and, this is not the concept at play in said example, because then it would apply to people getting stuck because they tried to escape the world, the concept is simply that it is part of their code or whatever it is they use to do things.

GMs have rules they have to stick to, just like people in any job. They don’t make the rules.

Like telling ppl that they are too busy to deal with your issue?

It depends on what’s being asked, whether they can deal with it and how many times they’ve said they can’t.

1 Like

Agreed. GMs used to be way more helpful and less robotic. Year by year the quality of their responses degenerated. Sometimes you open a ticket, explaining the issue very clearly, but they wouldn’t even bother to read most of it and make irrelevant assumptions, for instance. And yes, there are so many different examples to how and why the Blizzard support got worse in each expansion. It really feels like the robots are responding now. Their support took a whole another dimension within 10 years.

Hi Ritharil

In recent years players have been empowered to solve many issues themselves via multiple self service options (character restoration, item restoration, item swap/refund timers among others) as well as having improved ingame quest tracking and maps so that quest help should no longer be required.

Generally due to these features, Customer support will no longer assist in these cases - which in turn allows them to reach other players who may need assistance with things where support is provided (Such as technical support/billing issues, account related issues and assisting with hack restorations to name a few)

If you’re going to take a break from the game, it’s not advised to delete all your characters - as it can take some time to use the undelete service to restore them and is not something Customer Support usually will assist with.

For now, restore a character that you most wish to play, and use the time to decide who should be restored once the service is off cooldown again. :slight_smile: