What is with these drop chances?

Stop giving us the ‘Getting Ahead’ daily quest. Killing 30+ 1m hp elites and not getting a single drop is not fun or entertaining. Change the quest to require 5 or 6 kills instead, get rid of this RNG drop crap.

4 Likes

Yeah kinda silly that it’s so RNG, yesterday I spent a good time hunting for 20 of them before one dropped the item, today I got luckier and got it on about my fifth or sixth kill. Not the most annoying quest to date yet (I mean, at least I can find the mobs to kill pretty easily) but the drop rates are a little annoying.

U mean those in uldum? Get it on second kill… Gues im lucky, at least for once

Yesterday it took me 36 kills to get the item (yep, i counted them) . Today i got it from the very first kill , if that’s not the most random quest i don’t know which is :smiley:

Usually I get the item within 10 minutes but today I spent over 30. Both are extreme for such a small reward.

Well, you are meant to be in a hamster wheel, obviously. I will start caring about some of the obnoxious reputation quests at max level in Shadowlands then. Why bothering doing it now when you can do it 1/10 of the usual time in one year?

I believe they are the final form of Westfall Goretusks.

Or generally everything from The Burning Crusade. I’m currently leveling through the quests with my LV120 warrior alt and believe me, I would have stopped playing WoW back then. Such horrible drop rates.

1 Like

Felboars. Whenever there was a quest to get drops from felboars, you knew you were there for an hour. Maybe 30 minutes if there was nobody else in the zone.

IIRC this was before shared looting too, so you had to get first tags on everything. Imagine that on launch day, on a PvP server…

(Actually my PvP server at the time had several weeks where no wPvP happened. Nobody wanted to break the ceasefire because we all knew it would be unending misery with so many of us in the same zones.)

2 Likes

So much poop dug into. So much poop.

I have already done the Felstalker’s quest with the poop…
Seriously, what kind of storytelling is that? Awful. But at least the goblin was right:

“Outland sucks!”

1 Like

Goliath quest?

First day took me seven kills, second time took me nine. My friend got the drop first kill both days -.-

remove everything random even item drops in raids I want to kill stuff and get stuff every single time oh my god I can’t take this I can NOT take playing this game and doing anything without being rewarded at every step of the way please god change something I can’t I just can’t take this randomness I can’t

Imagine doing 3 dailies for 2 hours due to gating behind spawn timers / low drop chances and get 75 reputation for each :smiley:
Available only in Beta for Azeroth

Not what I’m asking for. But feel free to make a fool of yourself some more.

3 Likes

Gave up after 40 yesterday, took 24 first time. Won’t be doing again unless they change it.

Well Blizzard has to artificially inflate the logged in time of players in 8.3 somehow…

But it doesn’t, does it? People just stop doing it. If they really believe that, they seem to be wrong, just look on here.

1 Like

Indeed. We are not supposed to do rare quests or this one. You do the other quests, kill what you find. Don’t have the item = leave. It is not worth the time.

2 Likes

That format might have worked 10+ years ago when there was no real competition but nowadays people just stop playing.