What is your characters resolution for the year?

Well Martok here is going to shower innkeeper Gryshka with even more love and bake even more cakes for his friends!
He also hopes the pink skins stop poking him with pointy things after they eat his cake!

2 Likes

Two more weeks… and it will be two years since the Telogrus Event
For almost two years, me and my fellow Ren’dorei resisted the whispers…
My main resolution to continue this, and be strong for another year… then another… and another… untill the end of times

Aside that, hunting some undead, orc, and Troll… the Void maybe embraced us in its cold darkness, and in turn, we warped ourselves in the shadows, but deep in my heart I alway will be a Quel’dorei, a High Elf, son of Quel’Thalas, born in Silvermoon… and never forget, never forgive what the ancient enemies, the Trolls, the invading greenskins or undead Scoruge did to my home and people. To honor the past, I will continnue to Hunt… and display their cleared and preapred skulls and spines on my trophy wall! :skull:

4 Likes

When it’s only one year for Blizzard time-line.

Not trying to nitpick I hate how Blizz handles expansion time-lines with being one year only as well.

Just… pointing out. Since Ren’dorei were available late-Legion I would take 8.3 as one year perhaps.

Anyway, for Bella, new year resolutions are unnecessary and for weak. Yeah, she is a bit of buzzkill when it comes to some stuff. I will post the same thing I’ve posted at AD forums.

“New year resolutions are for people seeking a fresh start to fail once again. I don’t need a new year resolution as I already know what I want and how to get it.”

2 Likes

Damn, always forgot… in truth , it will be far less than a year. The Windrunner: Three Sisters and Before the Storms was in set in 33 I think, while the Shadows of Argus, when the draenei launch a full assault on the Burning Legion (and when Aleria munched the Void-naaru) was quite at the end of 32…
It just… seemed longer
My mistake and thanks for pointig it out, tend to forget the Blizz-timline handling chaos :frowning:

1 Like

Look at the bright sight, IC, our characters gets at least double amount of Winter’s Veil, Hallow’s End, Noble Garden, Brewfest and other celebrations. :wink:

2 Likes

I kinda just… talk and act like everything happens in present time, so the Telogrus stuff for me was as long ago as it happened in real time.
No one really questioned me about it so far and seems to follow suit or keep it vague, so I’m just gonna keep doing it.

Would be stupid if you develop relations in game, it feels like you’ve known someone for two years, then Blizzard goes “Oh, nah, you only met a couple of months ago.”

Should I also be doing pregnant RP for 6-7 irl years and act like it was just 9 months if my character is expecting a child? Wouldn’t that be a tad immersion breaking? Meh. Not doing that.

Also, lemme just copy over my stuff from the other thread too;
Have three actively played chars, so will list them seperately.

Lytherael: drink an ale from a certain someone’s skull after he kills them. (It’s an event boss NPC related to his back story).

Khalyndriel: She got married and pregnant this year. So if she had a resolution - she doesn’t - it’d be to be the best wife and mother that she can be.

Xanah: gain acceptance - if not trust - from the people she believes to have saved her life. And to make one certain person as happy as she can make her.
Those are probably going to be done or failed far before the year is through, but she has rare moments of impulsiveness like that.

1 Like

Keeping it vauge is fine, that’s also what I do. King Rashtakan died a few months ago and Deathwing was a few years ago. But when the exact time has given like “It will be two years in two weeks” that’s when I saw a problem and pointed out.

Yes, it’s stupid. But it’s lore given by Blizzard. It’s stupid lore that I don’t see a point for someone to go out of their way to break it just to break it.

I don’t think anyone would mind if you pop a child after only a month of pregnancy, or a year, since we have no collection of how long Belves stay pregnant, besides they can cross-breed with humans. (Unless there is something in novels I didn’t bother to read.)

For the sake of keeping the thread going, I will just add another character’s resolution.

My Dark Ranger’s new year resolution is not to meet with final death in coming year. “Stay low and wait for the whole Windrunner deal to die down… I’ve never liked her anyway, since the day she brought a human among our ranks.”

Tiny bit of derailing - I think only a month would raise a few eyebrows.
I did have that one time I remember running into a past char’s ex that she dated about three months prior, only to find out she’s been through three husbands and has, like six children or something that she all popped out since they broke up. Was very much immersion breaking and an “Uhh, what.” moment.

So I decided on a 20 weeks period, because I’m not strong enough for 40 weeks of preggo RP (although I know a couple of people who were actually crazy enough to go through with it) but still want to acknowledge she’s expecting a child, so she should spend a couple of irl months carrying it.

Smile and nod.

I mean, you are basing at humans, which is fine, because Belves resembles humans, you have something to base from. But what if the pregnant character was Tauren, Pandaren or Vulpera? Should the player use cows, pandas, and foxes as examples? Or even weirder, Draenei?

Eh, that type of RP, imo, is personal RP that I don’t really mind but don’t find interesting, so unless it’s something like pregnant DKs let me rephrase is as I would’t mind in that case.

Moothilda came across an interesting group of people who formed their own family and all took the name Prepfoot as last name.

She decided that she didn’t wanted to live in fear anymore and will with the strengh of the Prepfoot family make sure that any danger can be met prepared :+1:

2 Likes

To be that guy that preaches about why resolutions never work while wearing a smug party pooping expression

3 Likes

"Oh you know…More killing, world domination, expanding the brotherhood…stuff like that."

Looks around warily.

"Or I can open a flower shop. Yeah, that’d work."

3 Likes

“After being stabbed, burnt, chased out of towns, taken hostage TWICE, and overall earning the ire of everyone I came across; I’ve decided it’s time for a new chapter in this peculiar journey. I was a horrible enchanter and salesman… but yet I’ve always been fairly entertaining. So I, Nendrovus Delvano, am no longer “A humble purveyor of extraordinary magical wares” and now have taken upon the mantle of the humble bard! Huzzah!”

Nendrovus frowns

“I’ve also sold my cane… I’m going to miss it, but I needed the money…”

3 Likes

"I do solemnly swear to at least try to try to start writing my book; Cultures and Customs of Azeroth! Working title until I figure out something more compelling and marketable. It is to at long last apply my skill and inclination to pry stories from all manner of fascinating natives. By compiling such, mutual understandings can be built or at least some might be shown that their rivals are also sentients with goals, lives and respectable qualities.

Failing that, perhaps I should become an investigative journalist? Real people, real events, real opinions! Ah, provided of course that no new immediate crisis explodes and grabs all our attentions."

3 Likes

“My new year’s resolution be to stop lickin all those colorful frogs. I be tryin to cut back on drinkin, so I should probably cut back on frog trippin too.”

I have realised, after more than a thousand years a soldier, what I am. A War Hero, a known name within the Horde. It is, I think, time for me to accept and embrace what I have become, in the Conclave of Silvermoon, in the back streets and the alley ways lie untapped potential, Quel’thalas, waiting to arise.

They lack a voice.

To make my homeland prosper, to make our people proud, and strong, then no sacrifice is too much. I have often been labelled such, for my outspoken views, but this is my year.

If I am to be labelled as a Politician, then I shall be as the Farstriders of older times.

I shall be a politician, and drag Silvermoon into a modern age where we stand tall and proud alongside others, where our nation is a respected and heeded voice, on the global stage.

If a politician I must be, then a politician I will become!

Oh, and stop smoking Cigarillo’s, always meant to quit those…
Possibly less Port as well…

Minnie’s decided to put the life of crime behind her and become Azeroth’s first goblin paladin (having previously declared herself Azeroth’s top model) - dress for the loot you want, not the loot you steal after all!

Only none of that praying stuff, or being nice to people - pretty sure they’re just suggestions anyway…

“…whaddaya mean ya can’t just steal the armor an’ be a knight? They ain’t gonna knows any different ya mook!”

1 Like

This year the new XVMP 5000 wall exploder I made my self will finally get me inside gallywix’s palace to ermm……… borrow! some stuff

with the new XVMP 5000 i am sure i won’t end up in northrent been chased by vrykull or in a demon pit in mardum like the last two years attempts

i will steal from where no goblin has stole before!

This year I’ve really decided to find a thread that is better than this one. Any thread. As long as it is better than this one. Oh god. Please. I will use all my years of training my focus to succeed here. I have to do this. I just cannot bare this anymore! The boredom is too much for me to handle! I AM A MONK AND I CAN DO THIS.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.