What is your opinion about Fury nerf?

Based on my experiences in M0 so far, Fury is indeed broken when it comes to AoE, but not in any other way, and by the end of each dungeon, it balances out.

What Blizzard doesn’t seem to realize is that the reason we’re so strong in raids is because, on every boss except for two, all of our cooldowns line up perfectly, giving us some form of AoE burst for every add pack, where we can ramp.

Later on, in higher Mythic+ keys where mobs live longer, I believe we won’t be as overpowered in the end due to the lack of sustained damage.

If the raid design is the issue, it should be reworked, because if they nerf the class into the ground, it won’t be relevant anywhere else.

So, I believe that it’s the raid design that makes us this strong, not because the class itself is exceptionally powerful.

But we’ll see in Mythic+ whether I’m right or not ( I hope not and we will shine :D))

1 Like

It’s hard to tell without looking at numbers with proper gear, set bonuses (they suck for Fury) etc. I don’t think the nerf is going to stop Fury being good, but I very much doubt it remains top.

It’s all good though, Blizzard never usually allows Fury to remain “the” top spec, nobody was surprised that they nerfed it. If all the bosses were patchwerk, we’d be in trouble, but those bosses aren’t as common these days. I personally don’t care because I have no raid aspirations, It’d be more interesting to hear the opinion of someone prepping for the WF race.

1 Like

Yeah I agree with you, I totally understand nerf, I am just afraid for the future, because I like M+ more than Raid, and I don’t want to be more useless than now… :smiley: It is already hard to find a good group without a proper guild/friends, if they take away our dmg, then we are doomed. :smiley:

I mean right now as I see it, Fury is incredible if you have a dedicated M+ team that knows how to do the right pulls, the AOE burst is completely out of this world, even with the nerfs its going to be still good. You also now have storm bolt and pummel while bladestorming, which was a Fury weakness in Shadowlands when it last had Bladestorm.

I think with spell reflect also giving 20% damage reduction to magic, it makes it more useful as a generic defensive too, Fury is extremely good survival wise. The only thing it lacks really is proper utility for M+ affixes and things like a combat res or bloodlust, same situation as Dragonflight.

What a genuinely lazy, terrible nerf that is. Our single target wasn’t broken, at all. I get you hit our AOE, but this nerf doesn’t just effect AOE. You’ve decided to just take 3% of our flatout damage.

There’s no thought in that at all, and you’ve not taken into account that our tier set is trash. Like, our full tier gives us literally less than 2% damage, when most others are 5%+ so we will fall behind even more in the coming weeks.

Sorry but this is tiring, every single season mage, SP, Lock etc. are top meta specs, warrior? nah, we always have to be bang average with little utility to make up for it.

Rally? a joke. No BR (even though it fits perfectly thematically for fury warriors).

3 Likes

Another dumb decision.

They still haven’t addressed how casters/hunters can shoot at you through terrain, meanwhile Warriors can barely heroic leap due to “no path found”.

1 Like

You are 100% right.

We will be below average or at best the middle of the pack in M+ and mythic raid one more time.

I wish if they gave us lust as a utility. It fits our theme.

2 Likes

Well, warr will be an average class. I wonder what they want to defend it with.

Is worth mentioning, this post and my replies were made before the 3% nerf announcement, since they are also nerfing Bladestorm 10% and Odyn’s Fury 15%. As for Fury performance now, beats me, I think it’s going to be kinda bad on single target, aka M+ bosses, probably still good in the raid due to everything having adds.

The most ridiculous part of it all is that my dream has always been to play a Mountain Thane Warrior. They finally buffed 2 of his spells by 5%, only to slap a 3% nerf on those and everything else…

1 Like

yes stupid :slight_smile: seems they have no clue what to do with it… Buff thane ST is like * Mountain Thane: Strength of the Mountain increases Bloodthirst and Rampage damage by 25-30% not just 20 (was 15) maybe then will be thane usefull.
And again we are swimming in universe where builder does bigger dmg than spender which is stupid so they need to buff rampage like alot

1 Like

Mountain thane did nuts dps already, it was just worse than Slayer. You could have ran MT and still topped meters this week.

dude MT is like 15-20% dmg on ST lower than slayer is… and fury is mid ± lower mid on ST as slayer ! so tell me more about nuts Mountain thane dps

2 Likes

Did you try it or are you making it up based on what you were told? Because I tried it in a dungeon and crushed hard, it wasn’t as good as Slayer, it was still stronger than most other specs in M0 pre-Warrior nerf. Warrior is still good in the raid too, Liquid is running multiple of them in the RWF.

People are acting like Warrior wasn’t absolutely wrecking every other spec on AOE, it’s probably still good after both nerfs.

I tried it now.

Mythic 7-8 keys, more than 20% diff :slight_smile:

Watched a lot of US RWF raiding last night. Fury very strong on adds fights still, but it’s nowhere on single target. Arms is still really strong all around. I’m more an Arms main in the last 10 years anyway, so I’m probably gonna experiment with that again.

Fury might still be better in M+ due to better survival, but Arms definitely has the edge on the boss damage.

this fury warrior so bad so bad no sustain damage no auto attack damage so worst why we have 2h wepons with duel wield so bad