What makes Shaman unique?

Hi all,

Coming back to mainstream wow for a bit after a long stint in classic.

I would like to play a shaman, but I just can’t see what makes it unique? Seems like I can do everything and more on my Druid.

I enjoy the fantasy of the shaman, but just can’t wrap my head around what all 3 specs “gimmicks” are. It used to be totems and buffing, but they seem to have gone bye bye?

Love to hear your thoughts on this.

They have no proper stun and cant use defensive CD while stunned … pretty unique if you ask me

Better interrupt, esp. if you play the healer, that’s not something resto druids can do!

soon they can.
also it would be a longer debate to say if a long cd long lockout or short cd short lockout kick is better.
a counterspell is more deadly while windshear is more disruptive.

On topic:
train the blue - makes them very unique
terrible defensives.
always the first class that gets their healing nerfed

1 Like

I haven’t followed the Dragonflight stuff much so it’s good they, or other healers can!

My main attraction to shamans, is the whole spirit stuff. I play them, when they’re on top, or at the bottom.

The only thing I don’t like is e.g. SL, is the deeptremor legendary, and esp. in S3, basically being forced to use it. I am, healer wise, more of a “I heal, any dmg is optional”, and esp. for pugs this is always the case, since the whole dmg stuff, only works well if you play in dedicated groups!

Shamans also have the most pretty spell effects, that helps, I love fire effects, the new casting they added a while ago helped, I love the “new” water effects, I just love playing them, makes me happy :slight_smile: !

3 Likes

Basically Totems that give a lot of utility and if we speak about Druid → Purge - probably the biggest R Druid killer.

R Shaman is way more offensive healer in PvP if you compare him to R Druid that most of the times heals from max range eventually pushing for CC. Shaman is Interrupting, Purging, Grounding, dealing damage with instant Lavaburst procs.

Comparing Ele and Boomy. Ele is way more supporting and disruptive while Boomy is way more based on control. As Ele you focus more on preventing CC on your healer while as Boomy you rather create opportunities to CC enemy healer to make go.

And Feral/Enha is also different. Enha is more supportive like Ele but also has a lot of offensive utility while Feral is the only spec like that in the game that basically is a mixture of everything. That’s why most of PvP feral mains don’t play anything else. While Elementals do well on SP, Moonkins do well on Mage and Enha Shamans do well on DKs and Rets.

And Resto Druid and R Shaman is like Ryu and Ken in SF. Techincally both have similar spells but there are slight differences in them. Ryu is more passive based on hadoukens and Ken is more agressive one.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.