What motivated you to choose your race? (Not gameplay related)

I am interested what other reasons helped you choose race, for me, I play night elf, because I love nature, and they are felt like a calm race, so I was able to relate to them. Did you have any cultural similarities, so you choosed that race? Or they were similar to your personality, your interests? Or you choosed them because they are your polar opposite?

Thank you for your answers, have a lovely day.

My two mains are a Druid (this toon) and a Demon Hunter. Choosing a race for the DH was easy: night elf, because I wanted to play on alliance side.

Choosing a race for the druid was similarly easy: Mechagnome Druids are sadly unavailable, I don’t like elves, nor worgen, but loved Drustvar, and the Kul Tiran forms. So Kul Tiran she is.

Would I be horde, my druid would be Zandalari. (I have a Zandalari druid, but he’s level 50, probably until 9.1, I might level some more alts then)

1 Like

Draenei was the only option for alliance shaman when i made this character. Same for my druid, nelf was the only option. So not much thought behind it really. Other chars i have just chosen classes i like the looks of.

1 Like

My tongue is undead. Bandit you know… what might be worse than undead rogue ganker? Maybe gnome warlock, idk.

Void elf is kinda easy — discipline is somewhere nearby the void and when I play shadow it feels pretty accurate on its place.

1 Like

I main a Dwarf warrior - I’m small, Scottish with red hair and it just seemed to fit perfectly!

I play a lot of Gnomes but that’s just merely down to their lore and I love the way look!

1 Like

The blue colour! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Bears, guns and beer.

2 Likes

Pretty character options, blood elf aestetic and lore + I wanted to be horde and have a human looking character instead of a troll or an orc or a tauren female.

2 Likes

Jump animation.

2 Likes

my characters are pretty much all blood elves if I created them before 9.0, or Zandalari or Mag’har if I created them after. Simple reason really - for a long time Belves were the only horde race who could stand up straight, and Zandalari/Mag’har start at level 10 and I hate the first 10 levels of play on a new char.

1 Like

The body type, which fits better for the theme I’m going for as you can tell with my name.

I was going to make a puny human and didn’t think at all of Kultirans. Until I was like « I don’t like the animations, isn’t there another race I could use…? »

Glad I woke up !
The dance is really terrible though

1 Like

it will be coo if blizzard will add anub’arak back blizzard said we kill him too early without show any lore back in wrath

1 Like

Lore and aesthetic. Draenei paladins seem like OG warriors of Light before Humans took the mantle. They are also of stronger stature than most of the Alliance’s races.

I wanted to create this warrior-like female character which doesn’t want to settle (home and relationship-wise). Draenei girl living on the road and helping those who need the Light in their lives works well for me.

1 Like

Ish-ne-alo por-ah! May the days ahead be guided by the elders of long ago.

The initial motivation for me to choose to be a Tauren came from Warcraft 3, where I first encountered this amazing race. Cairne quickly became one of my favorite characters, not only because of his bravery and strength, but also because of his honor and wisdom. This largely influenced my choice to choose a Tauren in Vanilla.

Through RPG lore and the in-game quests, I quickly became interested in the Tauren culture and traditions, which were very spiritual and rooted in honoring the ancestors and the Earthmother. Each tribe was unique and with their own traits and traditions inside the greater range of universal Tauren traditions.

So to summarize: My motivation came from the characters and the culture of the race, and their generally peaceful, yet fierce nature. Also, they look amazing! Huge towering bull-men stomping the ground below their hooves and causing small earthquakes and smashing stuff with a giant Totem pole! What is not to like?

2 Likes

Blood elf because it seems to be the lore I read the most, know the most. I’ve always been a fan of elves even in LOTR. Though the Warcraft elves are a bit different.

I like the Middle Eastern aesthetic to Silvermoon, I like the customization, the eye colors, the freedom to be almost every class. And they look Good in most Transmogs.

And just like the Blood elves, my country went through a horrible Invastion. So I relate to them in more ways than one.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.