What professions would you choose for these 4 "campsite" chars in War Within?

I’m seeking to achieve two things:

• Maximise my utility with professions between these four characters.
  • Create a group that feels very D&D and immersive, with professions that help towards that goal.

My thinking is that these 4 characters are a bit of a D&D group, stylised in different, distinct themes that all complement each other:

• The Paladin is the hero of the plot, a stalwart Templar chasing after Xal’atath to dispense justice. Human.
  • The Druid is a sort of botanist interested in the strange flora and fauna below Khaz Algar, after hearing rumours of a dead World Tree. A bit odd (Luna Lovegood-levels of odd) and a fan of the night sky. Night Elf.
  • The Hunter is a bit of a cyberpunk scrappy adventurer/rogue doing things to get by. Think Rey in Force Awakens mixed with Judy from Cyberpunk 2077. Void Elf.
  • The fourth and final character I haven’t decided yet, but leaning towards either Mage, Priest, Rogue, Monk, Shaman, or Warrior. Possibly leaning into the whole fantasy of Titanforged and Arcane magic, or something more adventurous, like a wanderer and explorer.

Which professions do you think would fit all of these best?

Are you planning things out in a similar way, and if so would you like to share your plan?

1 Like

Here’s how I’d do it for the classes you mentioned:

• Paladin: Inscription and Blacksmithing - Paladins are often pictured with books. That’s the first thing you see from that Draenei in the TBC trailer. Blacksmithing because it fits well with plate wearers in general.
  • Druid: Herbalism and Alchemy - Obviously.
  • Hunter: Skinning & Leatherworking - Oviously.

Nah. I make it a point to never pick up a profession in video games. I’m already doing that in real life, and I’m certainly not going to have a job in my video game.

For fourth one go for cloth class so you have one of each armor type.

Appreciate your input! What would you pick for the Hunter if Skinning wasn’t an option? :slight_smile:

Good idea. Maybe a Mage based around Titanforged/Arcane/Travel.

Those Priest tier sets look so good in TWW, though! Not to mention the Voidweaver. :slight_smile:

Engineering is on mine.