What should i buy

Hi
Lately ive been watching asmongold stream and I decided to start playing wow. I want to play pandaren and level my character in pandaria. My question is how to do it and what i should buy to play the game. When i was playing free trial i could only level in bfa expancion.

There are two things:

1. You need to buy Game Time to play a character higher than level 20.

Game Time is bougfht in days. To keep playing a character higher than level 20, your Game Time has to be up to date. So, if you buy 60 days Game Time, you can play for 60 days, byt then have to buy more.

There are two ways to buy Game Time from the Blizzard Shop

a. You can buy 60 days here https://eu.shop.battle.net/en-gb/product/world-of-warcraft-game-time

b You can Subscribe here https://eu.shop.battle.net/en-gb/product/world-of-warcraft-subscription and have the money taken from your card on whatever period you want. If you just want to buy 30 days game time to see, you can Subscribe, and then cancel the Subscription before the next payment will be taken. Or you can leave the Subscription running and cancel it any time.

2. To level a character above 50 you have to buy Shadowlands, here: https://eu.shop.battle.net/en-gb/product/world-of-warcraft-shadowlands

All of the three Shadowlands packages shown give you the same game access. Whether you want the extra from the more expeensive versions is up to you.

You can buy the Game Time now, and Shadowlands when you reach level 50, or buy both now.

Be aware that it can take up to 72 hours for a payment to be confirmed and your characeter unlocked to level. It very rarely takes that long but there can be a delay.

1 Like

ok thank you, if i buy the game i will be able to start in pandaria?

No, you can’t start in Pandaria, at least not directly, though you may be able to finagle your way there.

In a decision that I find incredibly self-defeating and frustrating, Blizzard have decreed that all new players HAVE to level in a specific way.

As a new player, you HAVE to do Exile’s Reach from level 1 to level 10. You then HAVE to go to Battle for Azeroth Kul Tiras/Zandalar.

A particular tragedy for you is that the Pandaren starting zone, the Wandering Isle, for new Pandaren, is truly a lovely environment and story to start a Pandaren. (Goes on a bit long for my taste, but I’m not a natural Panda, and I do admit it’s gorgeous and meaningful.) I suppose that having levelled your first character through Exile’s Reach, you can go back and make a new Pandaren, just to see your origin story.)

However, according to one post from someone who tried it, you can leave Battle for Azeroth very quickly and switch to any other expansion

So, yes I can officially state that it IS perfectly possible to use Chromie Time on a brand-new character, even if you don’t have any other level 50s on the account.

Steps are:

1. Go to ‘Noob Island’ (Exile’s Reach)
  2. Finish the quests there (get to level 10)
  3. Fly back to Stormwind
  4. Take the ‘check out the stuff in Stormwind’ quest, with that Gnome tagging along, who promises to buy you a pint, but never does - last Gnome I’ll ever trust!
  5. Attend the meeting in the keep.
  6. Meet Jaina, sail to Kul Tiras, get thrown in jail.
  7. Break out, do the Boralus intro quests until you get to the Harbourmaster’s office.
  8. Chromie Time should now be visible in your Adventure Journal, accept the quest to meet Chromie.
  9. Take the portal back to Stormwind, meet Chromie.
  10. Select the expansion you wish to travel to and level up in.
  11. Bingo!

Hope this clears up any confusion, and is helpful to any other new characters wishing to do the same thing.

I’m still uncertain how to run the expansion content on a low level character without Chromie Time, nobody seems to know - but if you do know please feel free to add instructions on this thread.

BTW, Chromie is in Stormwind, just outside Stormwind Embassy near Stormwind Lake, and for Horde she is at Orgrimmar Embassy.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your help man <3, ill buy the game soon and follow these steps. See you in azeroth

1 Like

Welcome to the game! Add my battle tag if you’d like some company on your journeys/have any questions as you work through the game, I’d be happy to help ^^

deus#22245

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.