What spec to pick up as a New Mage Player?

For PvE and PvP? Mage is my first caster and I totally love it! I’m leveling with Frost right now but I absolutely have no idea of what’s just being a better introduction to casters and mages in particular. I know it’s a totally different game from Mythics and Raids to Solo Shuffle so I’m not certain which is easier to get into for every specific content. Thank you in advance!

Frost. Arcane can be simple at lower levels but gets way more complicated later. Fire is barely viable on world content and low level dungeons

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

I’m not quite sure why you think fire is not worth playing? I played fire while farming heroics and levelling my 2nd mage and it was doing pretty well in my opinion… You just need to make sure you take advantage of all your procs and use Flame Strike for AoE.

Speaking about AoE, Fire is absolutely destroying it, when it comes to numbers flying around on trash mobs.

I know Pyroblast is not hitting 100k like Arcane Blast, but you will be casting a lot of them in quick succession, so I think the numbers make up for it.

Yeah fire is pretty good in fort keys with 4 piece it’s just not the monster that Shadow priest is currently.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.