What tank class

Hi pp.

I’m really into lvl at the moment.
I like to visit the old expensions and do some Q.

I really enjoy pull big packs of mobs.
So would like to lvl a class with tank spec so I can pull a lot.

With class would you use for this ?
I like the idea of a war tank bud if I understand correctly … there is no real self healing for them.

Thnx for your time :slight_smile:

Either a blood dk or a veng dh hunter. Blood dk’s are the most self-reliant tank class, and that has been the case for expansions now. Veng dh’s can also handle themselves, but I honestly don’t know too much about them. Paladins can be quite decent as well for this. Other tank specs struggle a little more without a healer.

2 Likes

If I’m understanding correctly, you’re asking about levelling through questing as a tanking class?

Any of the tank classes is more than capable of pulling as many packs of mobs in the world as they can find. Tanks are built for pulling packs of elites in dungeons; packs of non-elites don’t present a problem. Even Warrior tank gets decent heals through Victory Rush, where you can get 20% of your HP back when you kill a mob. If you’re pulling packs, and nobody else is there to steal the killing blows, you will get plenty of heals. The problem for Warriors comes mostly from tackling big, single-target elites where that heal is not available.

Still, Warrior and Monk are the two tanks I don’t think of as ideal for soloing.

In terme of my personal preferences:

My personal favourite for this kind of thing is Paladin. Decent damage, very controllable heals, lots of utility.

Druid would be great because it can do all roles, and Boomkin can be extremely handy for farming, but I find Bear dull to play, and turning into animals doesn’t do much for me.

Blood DK does have the craziest self-heals, but it is also the slowest.

If I tried to play Vengeance in the world, I’d switch back to Havoc too fast. :stuck_out_tongue:

But really, of those 4, all are more than capable. You just have to find out which you like the look of. If you have a Class Trial, that would be a worthy experiment, or look up videos on Youtube. Or they all have their basic class toolkit by level 20, so you could try them until level 20 and switch if you aren’t satisfied.

1 Like

If you’re playing alliance, I’d go Vengeance DH. Does a fair amount of damage, has good self healing, plenty of tools to control mobs (ranged aoe silence, aoe fear, etc). As alliance, you also have shadowmeld, to get out of bad situations.

VDH is fun to play too.

1 Like

Thank you so much :slight_smile:

Druid is in the back of my mind… bud seeing the bud of a bear the hole time… without seeing your gear :frowning: it think it will get boring.

I never found a click with Demon Hunter, I don’t know why really :stuck_out_tongue:

The idea of warrior is more of a fantasy I think, My ingame idea of prot warrior is that you have a lot of buttons to press compared to other tanks.

thnx for your help

1 Like

I am looking forward into this statement, to be honest.

I am divided between DK or DH for a mostly solo-player and aimming to be Venthyr by the way.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.