What will Adamanthia’s place in the world be?

Not really expecting any replies as this forum is dead now. But this has interested me with the new Evoker quest. Judging from her playful jabs at Ebyssian… I’m going to ship them. Main consort of Ebyssian in the black flight.

I’m also interested to see if she becomes any kind of figurehead to the Dracthyr, as she was obviously previously some sort of matriarchal role to them.

Any thoughts?

1 Like

Adamanthia, as probably the oldest Black Dragon (20.000+ years old at least ) and mother figure of the Dracthyr - and from the books and reports found on the Forbidden Reach, she genuinely cared about them - should be really important to both her Flight and the Dracthyr :roll_eyes:
Personally, I think she should have been the Aspect but that ship sailed
Still, she is (at least should be) the wellspring of knowledge about the Black Flight, lost history, customs basically a link to their lost past
And while the Dracthyr have genders and hatched from eggs, had clutches, grown up, trained we… don’t really know, the race as a whole capable or not of reproduction?
Witch is a bit important when it come to the survival of the species…
On one hand, nice to have supersoldiers but eventually you will run out of them, so you need to replace your fallen soldiers, so:
A, you design your supersoldiers capable of reproduction with brood mothers and all
or
B, you design them… without the ability to reproduce and you will replenish their numbers yourself by creating more
But the question then there, if they are not capable to sustain their numbers, why gave them genders at all? (aside the obvioius gameplay reasons the playable races have to have two genders/bodytype)

So IF it is not possible to err…create more Dracthyr “naturally”, she may be the only one who know how to make new Dracthyrs and literally the key to the race’s future!

1 Like

Dracthyrs can not reproduce? I think they can, I mean There are male and Female Dracthyrs, so i do not see a reason For them To not Sustain their population.

Well bigger black population is needed. It is good thing Blizzard keep meddling with the lore or 3 of the 5 flights would have been extinct. We need more Red, Black, Blue hatchlings!
So I am in in the same shipping boat captain @Abyssian!

1 Like

Who is that exactly? Haven’t followed the lore much since Legion was over.

Personally, I think too
But not seen a whelp Dracthyr so far, nor seen youngs (tho’ the ones in the Academy seems like to be teenagers)
With the Inner Child Maw power, our kid form is a lil’ Drakonid
But at least something
We simply don’t have confirmation regarding this matter

Adamanthia is a very ancient black dragon; she was a scientist working for Neltharion and the one who extracted the Black Dragon’s essence from the Dracthyr
But from the notes, gossips, NPCs and lore, she was a caring motherfigure to the Dracthyr
She was punished by Neltharion becasue argued they are sentinet , thinking, feeling beings who should be treated as such and demanded back the ones that were taken to Aberrus for experiments - as “reward” she was encased in crysral on the Forbidden Reach and was freed not long ago by Ebonhorn and the Dracthyr (thats why we got back our 3rd spec)
She is probably the oldest of the Black Dragons, since she was an adult Wyrm even back 20.000+ years ago when the Dracthyr were benched

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.