What will be your talent tree in Classic/Vanilla?

Sorry forgot to mention 2 things

1. Few guilds had their locks to respec into md/ruin for certain bosses. Felhunter in combination of resistance gear made warlocks require far less healing.
  2. Youtube: That’s the world of warcraft that you play! Enjoy

That’s the thing: you liked it. But you din’t like because it was specially good. You liked it because it was a unique experience at the time due to being (for most people at least) the first MMRPOG, or the first one that was able to be playable. It’s like having sex: the first time is unforgettable, but gods, my girlfriend would dump me if I still did things like that. A lot of people mistake wanting Classic back with the emotions they felt during Classic: and that is not going to work.

That’s just false. Several classes could dispel 2 magics at once, or one magic, 1 poison and one disease at once. And in any case, SL did not give that much tankiness.

The differences between those builds were minimal at best. At the end of the day, 80% of the damage was still coming from shadow bolt. No real difference in the playing style, except maybe adding one spell to the rotation.

Obviously, you had more to do than that during the raid, but the dps rotation was just pressing shadowbolt and life tap. In some fights you would literally do that for 5 minutes non stop. Which will bore to death to anyone that has played the current iteration of the game.

And things like AOE, CC, etc, are still part of the game. But everything is more complex (and most of the times fun) aoe? I don’t only use hellfire or rain of fire, i need to cataclysm, rain of fire, havoc, ST targets for shard generation, etc. Single or priority target? my rotation is complex, and I need to take into account my shard generation, my havoc timer, my procs, etc. I used to basically spam SB. Cleave? Wasn’t even a thing in BFA. CC? Except the occasional seduction/fear, or banish for elementals, that was a work mostly done by other classes. And we had no short ccs: currently I have to spam shadowfury, interrupt, use mortal coil as an interrupt, etc, just to keep my tank alive in M+.

I change my specc or talents almost daily depending if I am playing M+, raid, pvp, etc. Plus, let’s face it, the difference in terms of rotation in those builds in Vanilla was almost negligible. A +% damage for x abilities, a -x casting time, etc. Not real mechanical changes. Maybe casting a conflag instead of a corruption here and there.

I had an incredible time playing Vanilla, and yeah, we had more freedom. Me and a shadow priest friend used to go to blackrock mountain to target the main tanks of alliance guilds and throw them to the lava (mind control) just for funs. We could easily stay there a full afternoon just for the laughs and the outdoor pvp. And I understand missing that, but let’s face it: a lot of that is pure nostalgia. Simply playing the same game is not going to bring that back.

3rd time: Never said playing vanilla in 2019 will be same enjoyable, I am just saying how much better was back then.

I see a small difference in our conversation. You sir trying to negate what I said with stand alone facts keep ignoring what already replied to you. What you say is your opinion, and I do respect that. But what I said is really what happened back then. Yes SB was main spell but you did not even followed what I said. I never said you play with same spec today in m+/pvp. Vanilla had no casting time, and sb was 2.5 sec cast.

Again you ignored what I said: You play same almost rotation on each raidboss. You have almost same rotation on each m+.
In Vanilla there are bossfights that sb is waste of dps (2xemperors, bug trio), bossfights we had to spam searing pain to help the tanks (rezuvios, sartura, harvester) spam drain life to survive (fearlina, heigan, loatheb), WE WERE OFFTANKS IN 4xHOURSEMEN AND 2xEMPERORS.

If you enjoy more cataclysm,incinerate,immolate,havoc, chaosbot rain of fire OR Hog, dogs, implosion, tyrant , demon bolt, on each boss on BOD that is ok, I understand. But don’t tell me I was just spamming sb in vanilla to progress on these bosses - no I didn’t! Neither the world first guilds to kill them.

Before this turn into chicken fight I ll tell you this for last. If your guild locks progressed through naxxramas and AQ with spamming SB that is fine. If you did not even try to play affliction or you had bad healer to support it that is fine too.
If you never heard of “Drain tanks” and how important were back then to win AB and warsong that is so fine. I can understand why you believe that. But Don’t try to deny true facts. But most locks in my server did, most famous guild worldwide did, most pvpers did, and those ppl were world first to progress. If you never progressed naxx or AQ40 (imo it looks you never did) please, before you disagree with me again make some research.

Please don’t try to bring your negative attitude and change people minds that are reading these forums. Friendly always talking, we should give classic a chance.

Edit: BfA is not poorly designed. Videos, music, lore, quests improved grapgics, improved models, 10 dungeons with rp, profession quests, 8 allied races, IE, Warfronts, brawls etc. It took too much effort from developers to revive wow in less than 2 years. It might be bad balanced but that was always a problem. Please dont act like spoiled child if you want future expansions :smiley: