What would be needed for your faction surrender to be acceptable?

Under what conditions would you accept that your faction surrenders to the other faction.

For example:
For me the alliance can not surrender to the scourge 2.0.
They would just wipe us out.
It would require sylvanas gone from the horde and thrall having control of the horde aswhile 95% of the alliance population dead before i even consider it.

You?

2 Likes

For horde, calia is the new warchief of the alliance. ( she converts all non alliance to her side)

Sylvanas’s head on a silver plate, with restitution and compensation for Teldrassil, Gilneas, Southshore and everything else.

12 Likes

For Horde
 uh, I guess we are fine under the current circumstances xD. Anduin wants to keep the Horde around anyway, when certain conditions are met I guess (Sylvanas gone, a reasonable guy as Warchief, etc.).

If I were Alliance, I’d say the death of Sylvanas and the regain of lost territory such as Gilneas, Ashenvale, and Darkshore.

3 Likes

Unconditionally, provided you take Baine, too.

1 Like

hah!

im already a member of the red alliance!

I’m not quite sure you understand this expansion’s premise.

There is no surrender. The Alliance either wins or becomes zombies of Sylvanas.

1 Like

Ow i understand.

I am just curious what it would take the get the players to accept there faction has to surrender.

Well
Lok’tar Ogar? Isn’t that the premise the Horde proudly proclaims regarding any conflict?

For an Orc, anything they see as surrender would (or should) be off the table.
Closest thing they would (or should) accept, would be reaching a mutual compromise to halt aggressions and call it even after they help each other stop both sides warmongers. Basically what we are having now.

Because anything that is seen as an actual capitulation, would (or should) be met with contempt. And would (or should), have most of the “Old school” Horde rather perish fighting to their last guy.

Then, we have the rest of the Horde. Surrender would be seen as some rather comfortable escape route for BEs, goblins, etc.
Their lone condition would probably be to keep their autonomy and not be severely punished for their role in the war.
Terms that fit rather fine with Anduins current mindset, so no problem there.

For the Alliance, if they want to surrender, I’d say that they should rather wait for someone other than Sylvanas to be in charge. Otherwise they risk be completely wiped in some cases.
Really, any alternative other than Gallywix, Geyarah, and Sylvanas would do.

3 Likes

Really, my only condition is that no cities are destroyed and that this :poop: faction war plot ends, preferably once and for all. Races can’t be removed from the game, and I am way past caring who wins. Even Sylvanas ruling the Alliance is preferable to Sylvanas destoying stuff. Just leave my stuff alone, man

5 Likes

Ji Firepaw is named Warchief and Aysa Cloudsinger is named High King.

Their pathological apprehension of fleshing out Pandaren past Mists will ensure that the faction war story will fade into obscurity, as the unifying headfigures of both factions are no longer of any interest to Blizzard writers.

7 Likes

You can have Baine. Keep Calia too. Help us restore Outland. Also. All land is troll land therfore you move back to northrend. Then we accept your surrender for those centuries of troll genocide.

1 Like

This is my opinion and I think many may disagree with me, but here it goes.

TL;DR
I think the fact Anduin is the High King of the Alliance removes any threat of a bad surrender scenario.
Any doubts just look at how Anduin tells Genn: ENOUGH !
When he is about to lose his composure, due to Sylvanas.
In the throne room of Lordaeron scenario.
As AdĂ­tu said: Unconditional.

I consider the Horde lost moral ground in both wars.
Lost territories can be conquered again.
But what defines you as a person/faction cannot, be restored.

In example why Jaina let the Horde kill her father ?
Because she had fought alongside that people in mount Hyjal and they proved their value on her eyes.
That wasn’t the Horde everyone including her father remembered.
That was different.

That is untill WoW came 

Basically we got striped of our underdog status with Garrosh, turned in to a war machine faction.
Lost Cairne in the process.
Honor became questionable, when we can’t figure if it’s Warsong/BlackRock clan Honor (like Orgrim Doomhammer or Thrall Honor (Values of compassion he learned from Taretha Foxton, closer to Frostwolf clan ) that rules the Horde.
That became evident when Thrall was confronting Garrosh in his Throne room in MoP.

To both characters one is dishonourable.
Both are right.
Garrosh is dishonourable according to Thrall Horde principles.
Thrall is no longer a Orc according to Warsong/BlackRock Honor values.

We lost what little was left of our Honor (Thrall Honor) when Sylvanas decided to go full revenge mode.
What ever was restored by Vol’Jin, with Varian, it got burned in Teldrassil.

Warcraft RTS conflict was more like in my opinion: the strongest survive the weak perish.
The Horde won the first game, the Alliance the second game.

WoW conflict reminds me more of anime, battles where the protagonist confronts the antagonist, the outcome of the battle is decided by who has stronger principles/reasons to fight.

Any doubts look at this scene:

Why is Anduin talking to Sylvanas ?
He has Genn, Jaina, Aleria with him, just attack, already, enough chit chat !

If your principles are unjustified or questionable to say the least you already lost.

That’s my thoughts.
Cheers.

6 Likes

Hmm if Horde is meant to cease to exist I want for Zandalari Empire to replace it’s spot.
They could take over various territories across the globe and get in all the other troll tribes and fight for interest of one of the first true Azeroth’s natives. I don’t feel like evil guy when playing troll, I’m 3D character with it’s own flaws and virtues, interests and objectives. If Horde failed to provide a meaningful politics for themselves then Trolls will.

(at least that is if we assume that Blizz would actually start to write in competent manner, and not villan bat another faction that is in opposition to Alliance).

4 Likes

The Alliance would be insane to surrender to Sylvanas as things are right now; the only way it would happen is if there’s some guarantees put in place Sylvanas won’t just blight all of the Eastern Kingdoms.

2 Likes

The entire Horde army in Darkshore,Ashenvale,and Feralas must be eradicated or withdrawn, the Horde players are all complaining about being the ‘‘bad guys’’ well let the Night Warrior commit genocide on the Shatter Spear, and annihilate them completely as a warning for future generations. Let us decorate their heads on spears at the Barrens’ outskirts.

1 Like
  1. Why Feralas?
  2. What Horde army is there?
1 Like

What do you mean what Horde Army? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: did you not see how many Forsaken,Orc, and Troll pests we got in Darkshore? did you not play the Warfront !?
Feralas belongs to the Kaldorei and it an essential strategic post in Kalimdor, not to mention the Sentinels’ main stronghold, as a Token of good faith the Tauren should withdraw from there :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I was specifically quoting you on Feralas. I completely agree with your statement regarding Darkshore and Ashenvale.

Why?

But they haven’t harmed the Night Elves? How are you going to justify their retreat?

1 Like

Oh yes, great idea. Let’s just annihilate the Shatter Spear Trolls, now that would be something new. Seems like you missed some last time.

2 Likes