Another MW who was asked to roll hPala for the next tier here. I’m lucky that I think both melee healers are fun, but still, not MW.
It mainly rolls down to that we don’t have any raid CDs outside Revival, which is just a 3 minute raid heal and mass dispel. And Yu’lon isn’t really anything to brag about, just a glorified soothing mist pet.
Our healing is there, easily competes with every other healer, mana (for atotm users) isn’t a problem as long as you only channel EF for the atotm legendary, and keeping RJW, RnM and RSK on CD, ocassionally casting EvM for the tanks. We just need that thing that will want raids to bring them to their roster, since just throughput doesn’t cut it.
So I thought about some ideas that I came up with. Maybe blizzard might scroll through the Monk forums and take some inspiration.
First, I think reworking Revival would be a good start.
Revival (Idea 1)
- Revival has been split into 2 cooldowns. You now have a Revival (2/3 min CD) that heals all party/raid members for x%, and the Mass Dispel (45/60 sec CD) from the old Revival as its own cooldown.
This would let you give your raid/party an emergency heal, and give you the option to instantly dispel any raid/party wide Poison/Magic/Disease dots, without having to worry that the other component being wasted.
Revival (Idea 2)
- Any overhealing from Revival on your Party/Raid will now be turned into an Absorption shield.
Now Revival can be used as an incoming damage reduction cooldown, while also keeping the Heal/Dispel part.
Revival (Idea 3)
- When you cast Revival, your raid/party members will Stagger all incoming damage for the next 5 seconds. Revival will now heal and dispel 3 seconds after Revival has been cast.
What if you implement the Brewmaster Stagger ability into a party/raid wide cooldown? It would give us the needed raid CD, and keep the heal/dispel component.
That’s what came up in my head for Revival, as for Yu’lon though. Honestly I don’t really see it being that interesting. It’s just a press and forget CD that only does healing to 3 party/raid members at a time and barely shows up on the meters for being a 3 min cd.
Invoke Yu’lon (Idea 1)
- The target cap for Invoke Yu’lon has been removed. Every Renewing Mist that you’ve applied will be refreshed to their full duration (20 Seconds Normal/30 Seconds with Thunder Focus Tea). Duration reduced from 25 seconds to 15 seconds.
This is what I would think Yu’lon should be, a good raid/party wide healing CD that also refreshes your hots.
Invoke Yu’lon (Part 2)
- Invoke Yu’lon has been removed. Invoke Chi-Ji has been made baseline.
It’s just better. It boosts our melee heals, and Chi-Ji gives you a 100% cost and cast reduction to Enveloping Mist.
Invoke Yu’lon (Idea 3)
- The cooldown of Invoke Yu’lon has been reduced to 60/90 seconds. (From 180 seconds.)
The cost of Invoke Yu’lon has been reduced to 1750 Mana. (From 2500 Mana)
Now its low healing is justified with a low cooldown, and gives you the option to just bake it into your rotation
Something I would like to see is ATotM turning into a smart heal.
Right now it just heals whoever has lost HP, regardless if he has 99% HP left compared to the other guy who has 45% or something.
Yeah that’s about it.