What would make the alliance more popular?

Not how I recall it. I had near-instant BG queues as Horde in Cataclysm, and Mists of Pandaria and Warlords of Draenor were famously Alliance-favoured. Majority of the server first kills still came from Alliance (although it was fairly even with a swing to Alliance, some guilds went Horde but it wasn’t mainstream), PvP on the other hand, was completely Alliance dominated. EMFH was broken, all the top ranking PvPers were Alliance (human), Ashran was an Alliance playfield with like a 5% Horde winrate.

Many of today’s WoW players have the memory of a fish. Or never played that long.

You talking about this problem and taking it as a revenge. What have happened to the Horde should happen to Alliance while things now happening in different circumastanes.

If you compare the population of wo now and then you would know that the problem now is devastating.

People now are more ready to quite then they were to join back.

Don’t take it as a revenge.

Basically this. Either make alliance racials OP in raids for a long period of time, or erase factions by enabling cross faction pve.

Thats most likely because there were alot of more players, and also until wod, alliance was the bis faction for pvp (hi human racial).

1 Like

I hear people say that, but I don’t think they should just repeat the same thing on the alliance they should understand what the alliance is meant to be and write interestingly accordingly.

What is the alliance? what does it have going for it - in it’s own ways.

For starters, well, Night elves are their own massive race and massive NIGHT world, complete with civilization types of magic, nature types of deep forests, with distingusihed and ancient history, and they’re quite established.

They don’t really need much humans - their invovlement should be rare, welcome but also suspicious and irritating - cos they’re too good, and too “instructive”, yet you want one of them on your side.

They literally write their own stories, adn the horde can join in via the nightborne -

Draenei can be part of the night elf story and human throughthe lightforged, so you alwyas get some of them. Again there is night elf friciton cos of their eredar looks, but good matching because of their prinicples and morality.

The alliance humans should continuein the WC2 vein - this is where you get all the intrigue, back stabbing, manipulation etc… this world involves high elves, human nations, dalaran - even in a neutral capacity - and void elves.

void elves link well to night elven highborne and night elven black moon priests, very well, druids start a new order that works with them to combat the void incursions and find ways to remove it, even use it in areas that cannot be cleansed - given rise to void elf druids.

Void elves are not an illidari repeat, their comand over the void is supported by light stalwarts and they help the night elves stabilise the Night warrior ritual and in turn gain advanced lost knowledge of the void - they work well int hat regard.

However hte void isn’t done with it’s attack, void elf story continues when the void comes, and they need more power, but cannot achieve it without extra means to resist, tetherin to something very dear becomes a ekey compoenent and a faciton of high elves fill the void - partenering withvoid elve,s they find out their abilities in the light are intensified when in close proximity with the void, and so do the void elves, but the most remarkable thing is the bond that forms, the love between the pairs is the anchor of sanity for the void half, and a source of devotion and light willed desire to protect from the high elf half, togehter they work as pairs - allowing void elves to have high elf counterparts and vice versa which you also design in character creation.

Dwarves and the 3 hammers continue,

i mean there is so much… I can think of many ways you can get interesting storeis and tales without turning the alliance into the horde 2.0, retaining it’s core identity, but that laso yielding issues ofi t’s own.

The nature of humans, suspicious of dark things, yet embracing and adventerous, night elves generally quite isolationists, Draenei in need of allies - perhaps too eager… it can lead to all sorts of interesting things

1 Like

At this moment in time only this can fix it.

Soo. how do you want to nerf warstomp by 50%? The cooldown? The duration of the stun? The cast time?
Same questions for 50% buffing shadowmelt?

Yes. Increase cast time for Tauren stomp and decrease hp buff from facial

And you really think that is going to change anything?

For Tauren not really. Small %. The suggestion comes as a whole.

Another elf allied race to add to the pile.

And you really think this is going to change anything, as a whole?

Yes. Did u even read the post or being pedantic and trolling?

the horde bias started in MoP not in late legion, it has gotten worse and worse as the game progressed but it started in mop when the horde had much more powerful racials and a lot of the top guilds moved horde

this then just leads to a cycle of anyone wanting to get to higher status and push higher up the food chain as such needs to be horde as all the top guilds are there, and no guilds cant really move to aliance as they will lose access to a lot of the top players in the game.

yeah every man for themselves is good for PvP, but in PvE the horde had vastly superior racials, which is a why a lot of the playerbase shifted, take throne of thunder for example, one of the most difficult bosses in there was classified as a beast so troll hunters just did more damage than aliance hunters, and hunters were powerful back then so horde had a distinct advantage.

it goes deeper than that now though, if you want to improve there are vastly more options on horde as the vast majority of good guilds are horde now, so its a lot more difficult to gain more progress and push harder if you are aliance.

but a lot of this comes down to the top end players and they couldnt care less about the aesthetics, they all went goblin in tomb of sargeras for example and goblins are disgusting.

1 Like

I asked the question in a serious way. Sorry for taking you serious, will not happen again.

And your so called improvement only means you do variable% more damage… thats why i said damage junkies I refer to people that are min maxing their damage…

But really is that what you call fun is that what you want to do in this game? for any new player to be honest only min/max damage output until new expansion comes to start all over again because they lowered items levels and added new side powers…

I wouldn’t worry, no one else takes them seriously.

I mean look at the Human Male Paladin’s manifesto in detail…

Well that would really help Faction esteem, wouldn’t it, to know that Blizzard had to give you an incentive to play your Faction that is giving you an unfair advantage larger than any unfair advantage ever given, especially when you combine it with his next gem of an idea…

How would that even work? "Oh whoah is me, I have to wait twice as long for my summonable mail box to arrive, and it used to be -such- a good racial before the nerf!“or " Damnation, I have to work with fractions ever since I got +7.5 to my Enchanting Skill instead of a round +15”

So if alliance get 50% buff and Horde get 50% nerf, the madman is in essence suggesting a 100% difference in racials.

Just…wow…wow…

Well that’s never going to happen, is it. Blizzard are never going to force that on people. That wouldn’t make more people play Alliance, that would make more people Quit, which would heavily reduce subs, and would be really bad financially for Blizzard.

But then he comes out with this corker, which doesn’t even make sense with his previous idea.

How? How can they do that when -you- just stated that they should be forcibly race changed to Orcs, Trolls, Forsaken or Tauren? There wouldn’t -be- any to join the Alliance. They’re not going to force a Faction change on anyone either, people would vote with their wallets, but lets suppose that these race changed Blood Elves, who are now supposed The Four Horde races he listed, are suddenly now forced to change faction, and race change to High Elves, and the Nightborne go Neutral. Because that totally works, a Third Playable Neutral faction of one race! Whoo!

So each Faction currently has 12 races to chose from. This mad suggestion is that the Alliance then get 13 races to chose from, and the Horde get 10 races to chose from.

I think we can see how seriously we should take this person…

2 Likes

Nothing. The Alliance doesn’t have orcs and is therefore automatically inferior to the Horde. :muscle:

But I guess what could help would be giving the Alliance some bonuses in PvE. Or just let them do raids and dungeons with their Horde overlords.

1 Like

My solution is; remove humans from alliance. :muscle:

2 Likes

its too late now. people left for the horde a long time ago and the horde now is the faction with the more active playerbase. especially for endgame stuff.

pvp wise, i got to ask. did they remove the horrible mercenary system? The one wich lets the horde join as both faction in pvp because of them being more populated, giving allies longer queue times instead with no real benefits