Whatever happened to Archeology?

I play on a roleplay server, and archeology is a big part of my characters life… and it was so fun in Legion digging treasures up, eventually getting the spirit moose and filling the little shop with trinkets…

But it’s barely been touched since? I miss it :confused: Though the minigame of prospecting could do with an update…

I know, archeology is something I’ve been missing a lot over the past 2 expansions as well. It was a great way to spend some downtime and revisit some older zones.
I think it wasn’t a hugely popular profession in recent years, and people didn’t like the way it worked, paired with some of the earlier rewards from it being almost too good, so that some people felt forced to level it.
I was hoping they’d revive it for Dragonflight, but it’s now the second expansion without any updates whatsoever, so I really hope they bring it back next expansion.

If it’s any consolation, I have a strong suspicion that the recent Azerothian Archives update to the game may hint at Blizz playing around with some new mechanics for archeology, so maybe there is some hope for them reviving it for the next expansion. (this is entirely speculative, made up, and solely based on my own delusions :smile: )

They said a long while back that they were not happy with the direction that Archeology had gone and that’s why we havn’t got anything new from it since then. But they also said they were looking for new ways to impliment it… so we can only wait and see if that ever happens.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.