What's actually the Jailer's plan?

I wouldn’t presume to know. The overarching story being a disconnected, disjointed subpar garbage fire is something they should be aware of, but they’re never going to air that kind of laundry publically, unless you assume that the anonymous 4chan hitpieces are legit.

The problem as I see it is that everything is incredibly vague.

“remake reality” … like… ok bro i guess? What does that even mean, why do you want to do it?

There is literally nothing we know about him or his plans except that he was in chains for countless years because he threw a tantrum that one time.

Moreover, we still have no idea about Sylvanas and her plans and what led her to this point, because she was not like this.

We also STILL don’t know what happened to shut down the Arbiter in the first place. (might be explained this expansion if we are lucky).

Not explaining anything at all is not really interesting or engaging.

1 Like

At this point, I feel like asking this question is useless. If Sylvanas herself can’t give any details about his plan to Bolvar, Jaina, Green Jesus and the Eternals*, then we will never know. The Jailer’s plan is like Sylvanas’ plan: a big MacGuffin whose sole purpose was to give a reason for other characters and the players to act. It sounds hella dumb but it’s a common plot device. I wish Blizzard hadn’t resorted to that after building up this whole thing since BFA, but here we are.

We will never know what Zovaal’s plan consists of, just like we don’t know what Sylvanas’ plan was either (if her plan had been the same as the Jailer’s, she wouldn’t have betrayed him at the end of SoD). All the writers think we need to know, is that he’s a big meanie who is threatening our world and the whole creation for whatever dark purpose (« reMakE ReaLiTY » woo woo), we have to stop him and we will. That’s it, end of the story.

Being a fan of lore is just asking for disappointment at this point. I can’t wait until this whole arc is over to see if what comes next is worth the investment or not.

*has anyone seen Baine by the way? Which dark corner did they put him in this time and what does he do, if he does anything?

He’ll be in Zereth Mortis scratching his rump, while witnessing the Oracle and Forge of Afterlives get wrecked…

1 Like

Nono, he’ll be in the main hub of the area sitting against a ANCIENT WALL OF CREATION like he has been the entire expansion.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.