What's the difference between "Skill" and

“Skill”, “Crafting Skill”, and “Skill when crafting blacksmithing goods”?

The former two are mentioned in the Weaponsmithing tree, the other two in the Hammer Control tree.

There is a fourth category “Skill when crafting Maces and Hammers”, which makes sense. But what about the above three?

They are all the same.

The only difference is that some bonuses are general to all Blacksmithing crafts and some are specific to a certain item type (maces and hammers for example).

For example:

• Improve at the art of blacksmithing gaining +1 skill per point in this specialization.
  • +3 skill when crafting Blacksmithing goods

Both bonuses are the same and apply to all crafts despite the slightly different wording.

2 Likes

Hammer Control grants a universal bonus to ALL of your crafts, it’s like having +40 base skill when maxxed.
Sad part is, even with this bonus , T3 mats and Insight, you still cant guarantee a full 418 weapon (missve/embelishment).

IF you coud guarantted 418 with talents alone then Inspiration and Ilustrous insight woud be quite usless and alsow crafting fee woud signifintle drop

I respectfully disagree with you for these reasons.

• Illustrous insight is not easy to obtain. It costs 50 Artisan Mettle. On Kazzak crafters who offer to provide guaranteed 418, do it for an extra 50K (1K per Mettle). And they can do that only few times per week. So Illustrous insight actually increase the crafting fee by a significant amount and doesn’t drop it as you say. A lot of buyers choose the gamble instead.

• Inspiration is still useful because it allows crafter to make a weapon using T2 mats given enough knowledge. With 40% inspiration chance, and T2 mats you can get a max level item in 3 on average, 1-2 if lucky, 4 or more if unlucky. The attempts use the buyer’s mettle and this is very important. It can be cheaper to try your luck with T2 than go for T3 + Illustrous insight.

• Inspiration is also important for lower skilled crafters to have any chance to compete and level up their profession. I was missing 40 skill on my Blacksmith. I reached 100/100 by offering to craft weapons without fee or with very little fee and T3 mats. Without inspiration the buyers would have said no because I couldn’t craft 405 (or later 418).

• Other professions can actually guarantee 418 with emb, missive and illustrous insight. LW Bow, Scribe staves, a lot of leather working armor, engineering googles/bracers/gun, etc. So why not BS weapons?

Do you even understand what i wrote ? IF you coud guaranteed 418 with out insight or inspiration

You cant do maxx out items from LW 418 ( stats, emblenisment or unique items) with out Insight or Inspiration , no one can

My bad, I misunderstood what you wrote. But then you misunderstood what Constantinia wrote. He was saying Blacksmiths CANNOT guarantee 418 weapons with emb/missive even with Insight + All Relevant Talents Maxed + Max skill + Best quality tools + T3 Mats.

If I am fully specced, geared and all then at least with Insight it should be guaranteed, but even with it it’s up to Inspiration, making Insight less useful actually (more or less).

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.