What's the easiest rogue spec for a beginner?

I wanna try out some cool rogue gobbo

Probably still Assassination, with Subtlety in second

sub is the easiest, followed by outlaw than assa.
sub rogue - very straight forward damage type and rotation, can macro alot of stuff as a beginner, nothing major to track beside cds (maybe rapture occesionaly), rotation is not hard.
outlaw - the rotation is simple but high APM, needs tracking and understanding of buffs (roll the bones, slice and dice, blade flurry for aoe, between the eyes).
assa - rotation is not simple on multi targets since you need to refresh alot of dots and track them, much more simple on ST. but still a complex spec that needs more understanding of its mechanics.

2 Likes

I don’t know what you’re smoking but assa is by far the easiest rogue spec and it’s not even close. outlaw has the most potential, followed by sub

1 Like

Sub is the most difficult one,
it requires you to play a certain way and only that way.

There is no real consistent or in-between damage, you need to coordinate CC with the other teamplays and if that works you get Insta kills.

Assa is very straightforward ,just apply bleeds and run to cover, do kidney and unload all your dmg :)) ,very squishy spec .

Outlaw,

This spec requires a lot of CC coordination and Burst alignment,
there are multiple Outlaw builds that work, the sinister build with killing spree is the most newcomer-friendly.

The spec itself is relatively hard, you need to get certain buffs and burst using Shadowdance and between eyes, this spec is similar to Hunter Survival Spec.

Whoever tells you Sub is easy,either is GOD tier at it or has never played but got griefed by it :smiley: Sub really has a very stiff way of playing, you really need to get the burst right within a stun window or you need to Reset the whole thing.

1 Like

you talk about coordinated cc chain while we are in class forum and not arena forum.
i refer my comment to pve.
on pvp sub is the most difficult yes.

None of the rogue specs are easy.

1 Like

Hmm I don’t really agree with you on that one. Since shadow dance is a part of every spec now, you need to learn your combo and time it well to get a kill (at least in assa and sub, never played outlaw).

Saying assa is about bleed and run isn’t true either. In this meta the overall damage is so high that you have to keep uptime as much as you can, otherwise you do no pressure and your mates die.

Basically, I believe rogue is a hard class because you have a lot of cc at your disposal. So no matter what spec you use in PvP, being good means not only knowing your rotation and burst windows, but especially setting up the win condition for your team. That means ccing heal/off dps and securing stun on your target + your combo. You need eyes pretty much everywhere and cannot waste a single gcd. That is the hard part that comes with the class.
Now tbh, I’ve had better success with sub than with assa when learning the class simply because with shadowy duel, you can focus entirely on your burst window and not deal with anything else. Even without it, you can get a kill easily if dampening gets high enough and there is no defensive cd on the other team. Whereas assa dealt much more overall damage, but it was way more difficult to secure a kill because of that lack of insta burst. It’s better now with sudden demise and Kingsbane, but it still needs some coordination.

Now I’m not saying one spec is easier than another, as they all represent a different challenge to master and suit different play style, but in terms of easy spec I just would not go for a rogue altogether. Pick a class/spec that only focus on damage so you have less to worry about.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.