What's the easiest tank to play in DF?

I’m going to put a few different threads out for different roles, lets start with tanks.

I’m not really talking fun here necessarily, I’m talking about tools to get and keep aggro, the least amount of managing different cooldowns or procs and stuff.

Which is the easiest tank to play?

1 Like

Druid, paws down.

4 Likes

Druid yes. Spam dem moonfires and trash on cd (macro iron fur into trash or mangle).

Interesting, I thought Paladin might be quite high up given how much AoE moves they have.

I think from a playstyle, Paladins are easier to hold aggro (not that many classes are hard necessarily), but still think warrior is cooler as the O.G tank.

1 Like

Yea druid might be on the easier end , maaaybe DH .

Also, dont macro IF to anything

I never tried it because I saw a brief CD after using Ironfur… nice, thanks for the idea! Looks like I’ll just handle bears the same way I did in Wrath, but instead of making Maul macros it will be Ironfur :rofl:

On topic, both Protadin and Prot Warrior is promising for me.

1 Like

Just a suggestion, do not touch paladin tanks if you wanna push and want an easy time.

They might be easy to learn, but because of their high damage intake, they are very hard to play compared to other tanks in difficult content.

But yeah, what everyone else said, druids are the easiest. Warrior tanks might come after them in difficulty.

1 Like

Defo druid is the most simple and boring tank.

1 Like

I agree with everyone here it’s druid tank but also at the same time like DF hasn’t come out yet to even know what’s viable.

But even with that in mind you can’t go wrong with bear tanks.

Interesting, was wondering that in terms of survivability, bit of a shame because I think their playstyle is quite nice to play with as it’s so simple.

Warrior not that much worse really though so maybe I’ll think about that.

Btw - how do you quote like you have?

you should really test yourself first.
Paladin is fine, it’s a cheap BDK. You got cheat death, battle ress, self heal, area of AOE, lots of silences, and a very quick and fun action.
But the main damage reduction comes from block rather than parry or dodge, and blocks only reduces 30% of the damage.
Personal preferences always matter. For example, to me the hardest tank is bear and easiest is BDK, but if you scroll up people would say different.
Don’t listen to people. Play it yourself first.

1 Like

If you like paladin tank, then go for it. The easiest tank for you is not necessarily the one that’s easiest rotationally, but the one that feels most natural to you. Prot pally is a lot of fun.

1 Like

IF you gonna go for a casual m+ not pushing too high i think all tanks are gonna be easy and decent to play…
cause blizzard once again did a great job with tank design there is nothing complicated going on
it’s like they want us to play tanks :smiley:

Guardian druid.

They’re quite bad in DF though.

Compared to SL, they’re rather squishy. It’s either that or I’ve had really bad luck with the guardian druids that have tanked in my keys on the beta and they’ve required far more attention than the other tanks I’ve played with.

Fair point.

I don’t see me trying to raid or do M+ at the top level, so I’ll probably pick my favourite.

I do like Paladin playstyle, but warriors are cooler :wink:

From what ive seen and experienced myself , its not exactly squishy, well , depends who you compare it with . But its a strudy tank, i woule say ppal is squishier compared to bear in most content.

My main issue with bear is lack of changes, poor talent tree, and overal lack of attention from blizzard , its just sad to see it .

But its perfectly viable tank for most people/ groups

Hunter or Warlock

Guardian druid , it’s beginner friendly , easy rotation , straightforward cd’s and solid as a rock .
Main stat armor prioritize high ilvl like chest head pants .

The SL version of guardian druid.

I never saw a guardian druid through season 1 to 3 disappear as fast as I’ve seen some of them disappear on the beta if I’m not constantly healing them. Feels like you can’t leave them alone any more because they just straight up die if you do.

I guess it depends on how high keys you go, but I tanked s2 as bear, and my healer friend said I was boring to heal because I needed no healing up to around +18-ish. But she said the same of my VDH in s1. I think any tank that needs healer attention below +20 would be considered squishy currently (which I think will translate to below +15 in DF s1).

What level keys have you been running on beta?