What's the point of Alchemy?

I just maxed out my Alchemy, just to realize, that there is no transmutes with a CD (I’m a master of transmutation) and the market is flooded with those gems. Also all my Elixirs and potions sell at a loss.
Am I missing something? What’s the point of a crafting profession if everything I can craft sells at a loss?
And the profession bonus doesn’t seem to be good either, I get the Flask of the North, but everyone else can buy flasks and this flask does not stack with other eilixirs?

Maybe I’m just missing information, but as of now this profession seems completely useless to me in WOTLK…

Edit: I know the proccs and so on, but the proccs don’t help me because there is a crazy over supply of the diamonds so they barely sell at all.

meybe because of bots?

I don’t know what the role of the bots is here… what know is that the tanks in my guilds are sending me their flasks of the frostwyrm because they are not worth of selling in the AH and other professions have CDs where they make at least some money from… so I’m wondering if I should just drop it and try something else…

Edit: And I’m sorry for posting here, somehow got redirected from US and thought it was the General Forum.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.