What's the point of having ToS if they're ignored?

As the title says, what’s the point?
Blizzard has created these Terms of service to try to make our gaming experience better all around yes? Then how come they ignore their own rules?

My biggest issue with this is around this topic 🛑 Share your LFG Boost Spam Screenshots
You can read what the topic is about there, I’m not going to go into detail on it, but essentially it’s against the ToS to use the LFG tool for advertising boosts, yet every channel has boosting community’s and websites offering RMT and no matter how many times you report, you’ll still them upwards of 3 days later with the same advert.

If by some Miracle a “ban” is put out to these boost advertisers, it’s a 24 hour silence to that ONE CHARACTER. What’s the point? They’ll just relog to another char and relist it.
We have been reporting them for weeks and months and nothing changes or happens.

Blizzard is doing what blizzard do best and ignoring the problems going on here and are just /shrug and /ignore the situation at hand in hopes people will just think of it as the norm and learn to deal with it. Why should we? This is agasint blizzards own rules, why should we learn to put up with it?

For Forum Science the other day, I wanted to see if blizzard really did know about this topic going on, it was almost a guarantee they did with the amount of posts on the thread, but I circemvented the swear words on purpose to get myself banned so we knew for a fact blizzard was aware of this thread. Within 2 hours I got a 3 day ban on here to my whole account. I appealed the ban too just for even more clarification that they are aware of the thread and was told “that measures taken against you were appropriate and adequate.”

Picture this guys, circumventing some bad words on the internet can get you a 3 day ban to your whole account which is agasint ToS, but advertising in LFG because it bringing blizzard in money is fine, and in the very, very rare chance (I mean finding a unicorn in the forest rare) you are banned for LFG advertising, you get a 24 hour silence to one character xD

Don’t get me wrong, this isn’t a thread about hating on boost sellers, so please don’t turn it into one. This is about blizzard ignoring their own ToS and cherry-picking ones who want to uphold and ignore.

As for another example here, look back to when the Gallywix community was banned for RMT. They all got permanent bans for selling right? Well, the ex-Method Raid leader had openly admitted that the guild was involved with RMT with that community to fund their BoE gear, there was even hard evidence with screenshots of these transactions, and nothing happened to any of them. Why? Is it because they’re streamers and “famous”?

So yeh, guys, if you want to buy gold, carry on, blizzard won’t do anything unless you’re selling it, and if you want to advertise boosts in LFG, go for it, they don’t care.
Just don’t go saying some bad words online, because that’s too far xD

13 Likes

Well we’ve seen many a time that Blizzard only attempt to solve problems they invent themselves or problems they think players have. Not the problems players actually have.

They probably already forgot that they made LFG advertising against the ToS and are now busy inventing new imaginary problems to waste time on solving in ways nobody wants.

8 Likes

Reporting isn’t working nor is it fair to expect players to spend a lot of time reporting the enormous amount of spam in there.

21 Likes

Almost all the boost selling groups in the lfg tool are involved in RMT.

4 Likes

A Mythic Plus dedicated LFD only… where only lev 60 can post.
Same for current Raid: dedicated section and only lev 60 can post.
JOB DONE!

1 Like

At some points Blizzard is like a government running a country. They know they have laws against [something], but don’t enforce them and when communities try to get involved, nothing changes.

So many of those boosting listings point off to websites that want your IRL cash. The ones wanting in-game gold are few and far between.

The report button functions more like ‘temporary hide this group from my view.’ Who knows, maybe that’s all it actually does?

Not the whole guild do not tar all the players with that brush .

Cheating and rulebreaking is rampant across the entire game, really.

We see Moonkin bots, we see this advertisement spam and the associated boosts, we see BlizzCon champions selling boosts for real money, we see rampant gold selling on both retail and classic, though it’s especially bad in classic, we see flyhackers, we see bots farming dungeons… I mean there’s just no limit.

Blizzard, people are paying you quite a lot of money to keep the game running and free of cheaters. They deserve some value for that investment.

3 Likes

I do believe it creates a report to Blizzard but it doesn’t make anything happen instantly. I presume it has to be reviewed like any other report, so that it’s not being targetted maliciously.

1 Like

It doesn’t do anything until enough people are reporting.

Asmongold showcased this on his stream at one point, where he got suspended for saying something along the lines of “i love wow”.

4 Likes

Just the raiders that practically make up the whole guild? lol

1 Like

Tried to search for some m0 or M+2 today for my monk’s first forrays…yeah, even then I was getting high runs being sold listed.

Is it me or does the filter just work really badly? I type in “+2” and I don’t actually get more than a couple of +2 keys show up, and have to scroll through tons of +11, WTS, etc. Is there some special way of typing such?

I’ve never had this problem when typing in +5 on my lock when searching for keys around that range, i’d generally get +5 maybe a +4 or so, but I didn’t get what seems like every key known to man listed, whereas searching +2 seems to make no difference to the base listing?

The irony is that some of them play the game regularly too so have the opportunity to see it from a player’s view.

No not all the raiders did far from it tbh like i said please do not tar with same brush and if you are going to converse with me please do not use the sarcastic and toxic “lol” thanks .

The amount of bots is pretty bad even in classic - and I’ll get in-game mails for it every great so often but so far and few between for the amount reported it doesn’t have very much meaning.

Another problem is hand-played accounts for the sole purpose of gold farming, and the ones that switch between to seem more ‘real’. In classic(harder now because lel layers even on lower pop servers) you can find mostly mages farming mining nodes, herbs, and even the rares in a set path. Yet on like a PvP server you can attack it, and it’ll break and eventually a real person will take over. So many elemental spots(Also needed for quests) are absolutely taken over by gold farmers with the player who wants raid mats far and few between.

My problem has always been selective ToS enforcement, smaller amounts of reports seem to do very little and it’s sort of dumb to have that sort of system w here lower report tiers rarely get investigated and higher ones are usually automated

Agree massively, and if you do report them, they disappear sure…until you hit refresh and there they are again, staring right at you. It’s a joke.

I agree, with almost everything you’ve said.

However, what’s the point of creating a topic if it’s going to be ignored?

Let’s be real, we’re at a point where no matter how much we complain, we won’t be heard, and if we’re being heard, we’ll at best get a

bluepost, rather than actual changes.

At this point, unless you’re willing to quit WoW for good, which I am not because I am still addicted to the game, its people and raids, there’s nothing I can do that would ever lead to any change.

What am I going to do? Write an email to J. Allen Brack like that guy who wanted Ion to get fired did? Yeah fat chance that’s going to get read, and even if it does, there’s no way he’d care.

In the end, no matter what we do, unless we’re willing to stop paying Blizzard enormous amounts of money, there’s not going to be any change.

Tough luck, let’s be real. The situation sucks, but it’s the situation we’re in. If anybody can think of anything to make something better out of this, I’m in, but I can’t think of anything, I’m sorry.

I really don’t get gamers sometimes.

You got an automated ban and probably an automated response, my dude. Blizzard are aware of the boosting spam, thread or no thread. It’s a matter of how to battle it efficiently. They know manual bans are just gonna be a waste of time.

The problem is that automating bans in the LFG tool is much harder. People who think it’s simple simply have no experience or wisdom. The introduction of the rating might help A LOT. If you can sort groups by leader rating, all the boost spam will be pushed to the bottom, as they do it from fresh 60s with no RIO.

Funny thing, i like to buy boosts for pure dps classes ( since it takes 1/8th of the time to get a weekly ) and i tried using the group finder once

6 different ones linked me to a website where you can buy for real money without even having an option to buy with gold … and none of them are real players, they are just bots re-directing you to the site, so its safe to say even if you are intrested in boosts, the group finder doesn’t really help, all it helps with is getting banned, stick to tradechat my peeps