Whats up with tanks?

THIS
If there was a Rogue or Warlock-Tank I would play Tank again in a heartbeat.

1 Like

4th spec for everyone!

I’m not sure Blizzard is capable to “fix” an entire community and imo it’s not their job either.

Ah so you are one of those people :roll_eyes:drinks a small shot of vodka and facepalmsover entitled people like you is why I drink sometimes.

shrugs
Can you really blame him?

When I join a M+ I do expect them to know what to do aswel. If they continuously fail on the most basic tactics, go back to M0 and learn the mechanics?

ToS 1st boss.
SoB 1st boss.

Two examples where many players instantly die at the very first mechanic.

Fine for non-M+ dungeons, but c’mon, it’s not hard.

2 Likes

That’s not the issue it’s his attitude because you are suppose to help people so you and many others that are struggling can have a smooth run like you or him not be over entitled like that.

1 Like

There’s a difference between helping and boosting. I agree that you have to help anyone as much as you can.

But on the other hand, help yourself by NOT joining a +4 for example if you do not know what to do. That is plain selfish, don’t expect a selfless attitude then.

When you get into groups where there’s always at least 1 with terrible dps, no knowledge of tacts or unable to interrupt…you get an attitude like his whether you like it or not.

4 Likes

Of course I am not asking for anyone to be boosted but to show compassion and second of all I agree you should learn before you go into higher difficulty.But explain me this how is he going to learn +4 if he doesn’t do it cause I have a motto for this game it’s Learn by doing :thinking:. Although I always liked learning human mentality and the way people react to thing’s it helps me understand people better and do well with them.

1 Like

Learn by doing, that is partly a valid point. Sure doing a fight is better than just reading up about one. But many (boss)fights are practically the same besides the difference in the forgivingness.

Again ToS 1st boss as example, both do that Tornado Strike (or whatever it’s called). M0 you survive if you get hit, M+X you prob die instantly. At least, that happened the last three runs i was in. (I did not leave tho :stuck_out_tongue: but doing a tyrannical empowered boss with with one man short is not too much fun…).

Failing once on Bolstering or whatever, sure, get used to it (although they explain them pretty well on wowhead/icyveins etc) and learn the best way to deal with that. That may take some time, since there are several ways to deal with it.

But the very basic mechanics (or nowhere close to decent dps)? Should know that before joining basically any M+ key. Often enough DBM tells you exactly what to do.

2 Likes

I have no argument against that because you are correct in all your statements you made good sir so yes that Is the correct way of thing’s.Haha I felt like lawyer for a second :rofl:’professors used to call me a politician when I was in high school and my father sometimes makes a joke and calls me a communist sometimes.

1 Like

That escalated quickly from feeling like a lawyer to being called a communist :laughing:.

1 Like

Haha it did didn’t it also since we are one the subject of politics just wanted to let you know next random event happening little bit off topic but UN is Banning Anime world wide cause there are underage girls in Anime that are sexualized and cause of fanservice it’s funny to me cause anime like video games is not real and they think it will encourage ppl to act the way in those explicit animes.Which I think it’s stupid, ppl play GTA 5 everyday and they don’t go do massive murder sprees on the Streets lol :joy:.

True story. Once i was like wtf when mister tank insisted on cleaving both snakes in +10.

1 Like

An often used phrase is “learn the fight” usually it comes from the mouths of dps that for some strange reason seem to know everything but who also is unable to follow simple rules like not standing in stuff or staying behind the boss.

1 Like

Well, dps can learn tricks from other dps and tanks, while tank is alone in group and can learn nothing because there is no other tank to look at/learn from. So quite often dps or healer can indeed know something that tank doesnt, because they seen some trick in their previous runs. Keeping up with up to date tactics and tricks is just another tank’s responsibility that other roles don’t have.
Personally i have healer at roughly 1k rio and encounter something useful for my tanking from time to time.

2 Likes

As a blood dk i can say your 100% right on this.

I cant really cba pugging as i know i will need to carry most of it alone since no one interrutps, ccs, knocks out of sanguine etc.

1 Like

Yesterday ran a couple of +2-+6s with my friends in our alts and an undergeared pug healer, as a tank it felt awesome, and we +3ed all of them besides the last one which we +1ed because healer dced at third boss ( TD +6 ).

I doubt random pugs could’ve gotten the third boss down, while we just breezed through the boss, cleared trash and got final boss in time.

Nothing’s more infuriating than dd players telling tank players how to play as a tank, but when you ask them why they’re not tanking if they’re so good they say “I don’t wanna tank”.

Hell either shutup and follow me as a tank, or go freck yourself and wait for another tank - if you find any :slight_smile:

And yeah I do not do m+, even for weekly which seems more like a chore.
Take away weekly chest and people will stop doing it.

2 Likes

tanks are fed up with aggro is broken . ppl dont use there utilities for reduce aggro . all pulling what they want, and is not rewarding suffer with pugs if dps do what they want we got more mobs and less aoe spell with less aggro per hit thats why most of tanks stop play in bfa expension .

1 Like

Tanks are good tbh in terms of survivability however the way they nerfed aggro holding sucks so much. Especially with all the aoe heavy situations if the dps is not 100% aware and pull high numbers while literally sniffing my butt they get one BAM and done.
Missing my paladin buff with the 100% increased threat. :slight_smile:

1 Like