What's wrong with animation in World of warcraft

I thought about this topic for a long time, and so since the transition to improved models in the WoD add-on in 2016, some races have just, very strange movement animations. Here are some examples: Ordinary trolls hop around, which becomes annoying when playing for a long time, dwarves have the same “problem”. But with the Zandalar trolls in general, something strange, specifically a male model, I don’t want to offend anyone, but for you to understand me correctly, they seem to have a foreign object in the fifth point. The female undead model has a running animation that seems to run very fast even though they have normal speed.

2 Likes

zandalari troll looks great but then they start moving …

Zandalari males would’ve had a perfectly fine running if they kept their 5.2 running from MoP, but no, they altered that.

I’m paying 13€/month + 60€ expansions + 20/25€ for basic services for…this?

2 Likes

Amg, a in-game cinematic using in-game assets aint amazing?

Wooooow…

they became much better in dragonflight anyway, if anything i’d rather have more in-game cutscenes and less pre rendered than 2 more pre rendered cutscenes but almost no in-game ones

That cutscene was actually quite good if you look at dialogue rather than lip syncing and polygon count, but nowadays people can’t enjoy something unless it’s ultra HD ray traced 8k motion captured.

1 Like

i remember people calling animations of jedi: survivor’s protagonists unnatural, despite the fact that they are all motion captured

Even Taliesin wouldn’t dare to try that one.

My dude, this cutscene looks cheaper than a 2011 machinima.

1 Like

Seriously? Hops and that from Trolls and Dwarfs are your problem?

I am more amazed by the fact that every female Draenei has a high-level scoliosis problem with their back.

I grew up on games from the 90s, it looks fine to me.

1 Like

Just because you have low standards doesn’t mean that it looks fine.

It really, really does not.

1 Like

It doesn’t look “cheap” this cutscene is restricted by tech availble to wow at that time period and certainly it not looks cheaper than machinimas, stop ridicule every single detail, ability to whine and complain at every single opportunity is not the good side of humanity

But that’s Sravs only ability in life.

I agree with the negative nancy.
That looks horrendous. Even only compared to wows usual ingame cinematics which are… cough :-1:
They should stick with those fancy artsy ones. Ingame as well. Those are sick.

…You mean around 2 years ago? When we had better looking ones before?

And takes months to make, and costs waaay more.

It better! ^^
I expect quality from a product I put this much $$$ into.
Not something an intern put together during their lunch break for the equivalent cost of vending machine soda can.

You shows the type of thing people complain about nowadays

A lot of the races and genders have poor poses and animations. Blood Elf female is one of the worst offenders and is probably the most played combo in the game.