Whats your PC build?

bad joke idiot

Motherboard: TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING

CPU: Intel i9-9900K CPU @3.60Ghz (OC at 4.7Ghz) with a NZXT Kraken RL-KRX72-01 water cooling system

GPU: Asus ROG MATRIX RTX2080TI GAMING 11GB GGDR6

Memory: Kingston 4x16GB DDR4 3200MHz HyperX FURY

Playing on an ASUS XG438Q monitor at 3840 x 2160 and 120Hz (will upgrade to PG65UQ during spring to match the GPU)

Playing WoW from the couch has been an experience

2 Likes

You win :c

What do you use for gaming from the couch? assuming its more than just a mouse and a keyboard?

1 Like

I’ve got a Couchmaster Cycon, the 10m cord is fine and while I feel like a toddler in my nerd fort when Im playing its super comfortable

Peripherals are exclusively Logitech with a G502 Mouse and G213 keyboard

1 Like

Oh man im actually jealous xD

1 Like

If I wanted to embarrass myself in a matter of seconds, I’d just upload an album of my early teens instead.

3 Likes

Once I earn enough big bucks - maybe never - I’ll splurge out on a super powerful PC. Until then, my recently upgraded mid-range will do.

1 Like

Same. Sitting on a refurbed mid-range gaming laptop that just about does the job here.

Miss having a gaming PC bros. That was the good life …

2 Likes

I’d like to just have £2000 that I could just burn on a turbo PC. I won’t say waste, because gaming is the greatest pursuit of all

1 Like

That’s how I got my original gaming PC.

I was running WoW (TBC era) on a PC that really wasn’t designed for anything even remotely gaming shaped at the time, and then suddenly came into an unexpected £3000.

Spent £1000 of it on a decked out gaming PC and experienced life in a whole new way. What I failed to do was invest in future hardware for it and by MOP it was really struggling to keep up. Since then I’ve been playing on laptops for convenience.

2 Likes

If I really wanted to, it would probably only take me about 4-6 months to be able to afford a PC like that, but I don’t really know what I’d use it for. I just want it, despite only playing games like WoW.

Same feel.

Also not sure I could justify saving for something like that to my wife when there are other things it could be spent on.

But I’m an impulse buyer, and we recently came into a big chunk of money from my granddad to help us buy a house… but I’m sure some of it could go mysteriously missing right?

Gaming is a right, not a privilege. Don’t be oppressed by your wife.

2 Likes

God you’re right.

Time to rise up :fist:

3 Likes

Women just don’t understand, since they don’t play video games

Not for long. Animal Crossing is coming soon and I just know that I can hook her with that.

Especially if she knows we can share the same island and build together.

1 Like

I built my current PC in late 2018. It’s not the absolute top end or anything but it basically runs anything I play at 60fps at 1080p.

Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming Motherboard
Intel i7-8700k 3.7GHz CPU
Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler. It’s pretty big.
MSI Aero GTX 1080 GPU
16GB Trident Z 3200MHz RAM. RGB of course.

2 Likes

Half my rig was funded by my wife so we could play CoD and WoW together

You just have to do it right

My wife isn’t a gamer in any way, shape or form so it’s a much harder sell.

Just doesn’t appeal to her at all.

Narrator: He was never heard from again.

I could probably upgrade to a decent rig if I saved for it, but as with you lads, there are just other things that are more immediately important. Hopefully I’ll get around to it before my engine nopes out of this mortal coil.

1 Like