When do you start using Versa in M+?

Hey,

I have started hitting 21/22 keys and I think I need to start putting Versa corruptions into my build. Right now I run, 2xslappers, 1xTD#2, 1xIE, 2xHaste#3, 2xHaste#2. Brings me to 59 corruption.

I have been stacking haste this whole time but I am getting 1 shotted a lot now, so I think I need Versa.

I currently have 40% haste, 24% Versa.

When did you guys start bringing in Versa? Also how much Versa should I have at 21/22 keys?

1 Like

I’m not at the same point as you, but from what I understand, versa needs to be all or nothing. When you go versa, you have to go all-in or there’s no point. You need A LOT for it to keep you alive.

1 Like

Dungeons where lot of unavoidable aoe damage is present are usually good for stacking versatile. This includes for example waycrest manor or temple of sethrallis. But it depends on your healer imo. When he is good at healing this aoe damage, there is no point in going versatile for that. The things that one shot you when you mess up, usually one shot you even with versatille.
But, when your healer is struggling to keep the party up, then versatille should be made in to consideration.
Short answer: discuss with your healer and your death logs (do you see 10k overkill there, or 300k?..)

1 Like

There’s no definative answer. You want it when you feel like you need it. It’s dependant on your group, how you pull are, your healers set up etc.

For a better idea of when other players change have a look at the havoc section on the sub creation m+ website. Very handy for seeing what is viable and what is most used at higher levels.

The short answer is around keystone level 27 for demon hunters. Below 27s it’s more viable to keep your regular corruptions (lash/td/inef) while also equipping an avoidant rank 3 as going full versa will lower your dps. This is what most of the rank 1 Rio players from China and NA will tell you when you ask them on stream or discord.

That said, they also recommend should you have problems surviving below 27’s you can make the switch earlier to full versa, just be aware that you lose a significant portion of your damage output. And that in the end it’s all personal preference, for instance Zevade, an NA demon hunter doesn’t want to play versatility at all. He opted for an Avoidant rank 3 and the lingering psychic shell trinket from N’zoth to survive in +30’s. And while Psychox from team ‘Does the bear stream’ plays full versa, i’ve seen him plenty of times get oneshot from 100% hp because he pulled aggro for a split second because bear druids without rage need a little more time to get a decent amount of aggro.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.